Anyone have a Trailer Valet? | FerrariChat

Anyone have a Trailer Valet?

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Heat Seeker WS6, Mar 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
  2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    #2 GuyIncognito, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    that looks like it's only designed to move the trailer a few inches to a foot or so; how far do you have to move it?

an alternative would be something like this, made by trailex (there are other models too)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    I'll check their stuff out too Chas, thanks!

Minimum distance it would be moved would be about 30' or so and with (2) 45 degree turns. If I feel like an arm workout and have time to kill, I could move it up the entire 120' driveway :). To propel it, there are 2 attaching points for a handcrank- high & low gearing for either precision moving or for a greater distances and a handbrake to keep it from running away. The driveway does have an incline to it and I figured with this vs a non-propelled dolly of some sort- either me, my g/f or her brothers can single handedly get the race trailer in whatever position it needs to be in for whatever has to get done with it. Once the season starts in 5 weeks, it's going to be moved quite often plus, the truck for pulling it won't always be there to move it.

4. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    IMHO that will never work. Trailers don't like to turn, the tires resist. I would consider a very large lawn tractor that can be used for other things (lawn, snow clearing). they do make motorized tractor valets, but they cant be used for anything else.

5. innerloop

innerloop Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2010
    Houston Heights, TX
    Think fun, get a bigger four-wheeler with a trailer hitch. Then when you're not moving the trailer... you have a four-wheeler!

6. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    I would agree that would be the fun way of moving it around! But a downside is that it can't come with us on the road.

7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    What about a hitch on the front of your tow rig? That can get you in the tightest places with ease

8. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    That's an interesting idea, didn't think of that- thanks! But the problem with that is that the truck isn't always there when it may have to be moved.

9. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Watching the video makes it seem like this (The Trailervalet) would be a pretty good way to go.

10. jal

jal Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2009
    MA.
    Full Name:
    John

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I use something similar for my plane, works great, there are a bunch of them on the market, do your homework. not sure anyone dominates the market, but some OK ones and some better ones.

12. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Don't mind me, just had to see what a 'trailer valet' was. I was imagining a man in white gloves and paper coveralls, loading and unloading one's car from the trailer, whilst one sipped iced tea under a Ferrari branded umbrella a short distance away.

13. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    #13 Heat Seeker WS6, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Reading this, Tartu immediately came to mind Lol.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login