Is this Scud Price for real?? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Is this Scud Price for real??

Discussion in '360/430' started by Art138, Dec 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Seller claims that the previous (and only) owner had the bumper replaced/repaired from accident. Seller bought it at auction. I've asked for more details on the actual accident(s), etc. but he does not have them. He said there is an accident report on carfax but he doesn't have it. Doesn't give the warm and fuzzy.

Also - with no service records, I would never consider it. If he doesn't have "accident info", then he likely doesn't have any service records either I would guess...

Non-led wheel was ordered that way.

2. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You sure all the auctions/sales actually went through?

Current seller doesn't seem to suggest that is the case (many owners) - or perhaps he was lied to....

"Comin' to the stage, ONE OWNER FERRARI SUPER CAR" ; )

Bottom line, if all it was in was a simple fender bender, then that is easy to show/prove. If it was well maintained, etc - that is pretty easy to show also. I didn't get the feeling I will be getting more info from the seller, but maybe we will be surprised : )

3. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ok, curiosity got the better of me...this is kind of funny; and hopefully useful to people.

Original owner crashed it June 2010 at 430AM, drunk...sideswiped a car on the front bumper and corner that was stopped at a red light. Report said the Ferrari was going 30 at the point of impact!

Oh...he also fled the scene. LOL. Think it is a famous chef in Miami actually - ha. Daddy's car also - LOL.

In his defense, "fled" might be strong...he could have been coasting or not even been aware he hit it : P

Minor damage per officer's report - course, he doesn't work for Ferrari.

That's the only *reported* accident.

This dog has some fleas for sure. 30mph is a very significant impact, and it specifically said "sideswiped" in the report. I bet multiple panels were replaced/repainted.

4. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Singletrack: No offense, but isn't this the kind of storied car you were looking for? Price reflects its accident history. It's been on and off ebay for the last year, which I suspect is because very few people shopping for Ferrari's at this price point are looking for storied cars.

As to the history of the car, I inquired about it when it went to dealer auction about 2 years ago by an authorized Ferrari dealership in Florida. I called the dealer to inquire and they told me that it had been in an accident and that the fender had been repaired/replaced and repainted. Therefore it wasn't Ferrari showroom/authorized dealer material so they had to unload it at auction. It sold wholesale for $170's about 2 years ago to another person who had a dealer license. Then it reappeared on the market about 1 year ago. I assume what happened is that the 'dealer' who bought it at auction, drove it around and is now trying to unload at a minimal loss.

I would be very weary of the person selling because they have advertised it on numerous occasions as a 'clean' car and have described it as a 'challenger'. I have never heard anyone describe a scud as a challenger. hahaha. Clearly this person doesn't know much about scuds and this probably reflects on how this car has been treated during its 'dealer' ownership. Also, it doesn't speak much to the person's honesty since they are marketing it as a 'clean' car.

I wish you the best in your search. But as they say, you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a track car to bang around as you say you are, this is your car. Sounds like you're doing your due diligence. If you're looking for a clean, good example, you gotta pony up another $20-30k.

5. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    +1

6. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #56 singletrack, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    Sure - it is....with proper history. I don't believe for a second that this guy has no information on what was repaired. I have zero issues, as I mentioned with buying a car with a panel repair or two - if everything is transparent. This is not transparent. For instance, he told me that only the bumper was replaced, yet you just confirmed that they had to replace the fender. He also told me that it never had an unscheduled maintenance - history on the car also shows this to be untrue.

Furthermore, if the original owner crashed it drunk at 430AM one time and ran from the cops - what else do you think he did in the car?

This car is a much different car than say one that was simply crashed do to a driver screw up, repaired and documented properly, and then sold transparently with the decreased value.

As to your point about 20-30k more. I agree. Who knows I may end up there. There was a beautiful red scud that sold for around 180k on ebay - 5k miles, no stories. A member here was not able to sell his beautiful silver scud on ebay - ended at under 165k. So I'm not feeling the pressure. I wouldn't say prices are falling, but they certainly are not appreciating. I have my track car for the season, so again, I can wait for the right car and, perhaps just as importantly, seller.

EDIT - the other data point I would add now that I have had it confirmed from 3 different sources is that dealers are offering 140-150k on scud trades/sales for great scuds.

Also, I have someone pursuing some private deals to see what people are thinking on price. If it's too high, I'll just wait - no biggie.

Sincerely appreciate the input though!

7. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

It is pretty, I’ll give it that, and I like the interior spec a lot!

8. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    with any Ferrari car the parts ordered against are recorded on the VIN in the factory database, just get your dealer to run the VIN

9. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    this is one of the few unique things Ferrari actually does

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011