Mondial for sale thread | FerrariChat

Mondial for sale thread

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by bartzagato, Mar 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
  2. ozmondy

ozmondy Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2013
    N.T, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    They don't look that bad aside from the slight misfit.

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    I love t coupes !!! They're so bloody elegant. Yep, Xnay on the wheels :(

Go for it !!!

Cheers, Hank

5. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    I can not find the car at the URL link provided. Apparently it sold and is no longer listed. I don't know what is a good price in general. I think I paid a high price for mine $30,000 because I liked the color, condition and it had new belts and other stuff. It looks really really good in shinny clean prugna and clean interrior.

After 4,500 miles of vigorous driving it got an entirely new clutch system, including hydraulics, a new starter, and both the tranny and engine pans got new gaskets. All that cost about $4,000. Then you throw in the original shipping costs. Taxes, etc etc. It was not an inexpensive car.

But a car is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay for it. Right now it runs like a sewing machine and is the coolest car in three counties. The other day a guy in a new 911 pulled out in front of me from the grocery store. The only one I have seen in two years. WAY more capable car.

But he would not even play with me. So I passed him at a mere 6,500 rpm and he just slowed down so as not to catch up. Whats that worth?

6. VEEP

VEEP Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2005
    Overasselt
    Bart. did you buy that car? was too late...
    Car must have had issues, I do not know what but I know there was an earlier offer of 20.000 euro on it, car was removed shortly from het internet and came back with asking price of 16.500. Engine out service (belts etc) pictures were on the site of the selling car company, owner going abroad was the story, so needed quick sale.

7. bartzagato

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Hi VEEP

No, I've got my QV, but at that price, it looked like a steal for someone in the market for one.

I was tempted, but I think girlfriend would 'leave the building' if I did. (not that I had money in the hand for it ;) )

On photo car looked great, saw also the pics of the engine out, interior,....

It was priced for a quick sale.

If there was something wrong; most of it could be traced then standing next to the car/after testride?

8. VEEP

VEEP Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2005
    Overasselt
    I was just too late...due to just moved to another house and too little time ...fot that price (even 20k) issues are no problem. I suspect main issue for most was lack of real closed history, but who cares with the belt service just done.

9. bartzagato

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    indeed!

10. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Hi Veep,

Are you looking for a particular Mondial or just any Mondial? I know a few for sale. No Ts btw.

Rg
    Tijn

11. VEEP

VEEP Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2005
    Overasselt
    I have time..(in fact, at the moment almost no time due to al lot of work on the new house...).
    Not looking for specially a Mondial, but this one came so close to a nice usable F...
    Missed out on a vetro 308 some 10 years ago, same circumstances (just moved so drained bank account, no time to go look at it, car with sharp price to sell fast, and it did..)

If a Mondial: a 3.2 , better a T. non red, good color combo (so no black interior in a gray car a.e.).
    Historie not important, condition is important, related to price off course.
    And I have no hurry.

12. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
  13. bartzagato

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    #13 bartzagato, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #14 Wade, Apr 28, 2014
  15. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    That's $50K for the two cars and $100K for the "history", I think:

Jean Pierre Van Rossem (born in Bruges, Belgium on 29 May 1945) is a Belgian scholar, socialite and writer.

He studied economics at the University of Gent in 1963-1967. With his final term paper he won the International Scholarship of Flanders-prize and was able to study two years of econometrics at Lawrence Klein. He became famous with 'Moneytron', a stockmarket investment company that could offer apparently endless returns. The Moneytron was supposed to be a super computer able to predict economic fluctuations, and the access to its room was strictly forbidden, behind a closed door in Van Rossem's office. When he was imprisoned, a Belgian TV-team interviewed a cleaning lady about this famous room, she answered it was just the broom closet.

Van Rossem had developed a model that could predict the stock market and beat the capitalist system. His sympathies for the theories of Karl Marx did not stop him investing for the very wealthy in the world and accumulating 800 million dollars for himself. He declares himself an "anarchist".

Due to belief in the Moneytron system and also his sense of show and publicity he made large sums of money. He also traded duplicated stocks, according to him, 'A way to **** the system'. He was the sponsor of a Formula One team in 1989, Moneytron Onyx, which placed 10th of the 21 teams.

The revenue service and the court were not blind to his methods. He created the political party ROSSEM to avoid lawsuit (elected politicians are not liable in court) and he got three seats in the lower house at the elections of 1991.

At the coronation ceremony of king Albert II of Belgium, he shouted 'Vive la république' (Belgium is a monarchy) as had done Julien Lahaut in 1950 at the coronation of Baudouin of Belgium.

In 1991 he was sentenced to 5 years in jail for tax evasion.[1]

Then, he began to write his autobiography, which became a bestseller. Rumour was that had a fling with Miss Belgium Brigitta Callens, although this was strongly denied by Van Rossem himself. He married Nicole Annys, who died in 1989. Later he married Rachida Bettar, with whom he had a son.

Currently, he is back at his old job of helping college students in Gent, his slogan is: 'Party on, I'll pull you through!'

:) :) :)

16. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    #17 guygowrie, Nov 4, 2014
  17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    This car has been on CL, ebay, cars.com for a while now. Looked like it sold on ebay twice, but is still showing up places. Don't know if there have been a series of deadbeat buyers or the dealer keeps pulling it last minute because the price isn't right.

18. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s