Dealing with rude salesman | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Dealing with rude salesman

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ztunelover, Mar 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    To be honest when I worked in sales, I would always open the door for a potential customer, especially if it was only 5-10 mins after closing. I often found, some of the largest sales I ever made were these last min stranglers, who were often impulse buyers. If I were selling cars, I certainly would stay late for a potential customer. And if I were the owner if that dealership and my employee said no to a customer because it was mins after closing time, I would have a serious talk with that employee.

To me it screams the employee is a loser and doesn't care much about the company he works for or the customer.

While I agree, no one HAS to stay open beyond their listed hours, it can go a LONG way in both pleasing customers(who are the life blood of any business) as well as of course boost the company's sales.

Simple gesture that can go a long ways.

I personally try and give my business to companies who will go out of their way if necessary to please their customer.

Perhaps I'm that entitled stereotype you mention, or perhaps I just have higher standards on what I expect even at the lowest level of sales. But again, I want to be treated the way I treated others when I was in similar positions.

2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #127 texasmr2, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    Funny you mention this. I was working security for a very exclusive jeweler and about 2mins before I was to lock up they had a few return customers come in. The customers, a small group of entitled rich women (and down right ugly), spent almost $100K in less than 30min's.
    Now here is the truly funny part, I got a hard time afterwards for opening the door (buzz in) from the sales staff!! WTF???

3. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    #128 Falcon Wing, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    Not sure I'd feel comfortable letting some stranglers in after hours.

5. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    What if you ran art supply store, and they where choke artists?

6. rardoin

rardoin Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Lafayette Louisiana
    Full Name:
    R Ardoin
    Punny....very punny.

7. F430miguel

F430miguel Rookie

Aug 29, 2013
    Some people are dickheads, especially in sales positions. Just tell them to eat part of your anatomy and buy the vehicle from elsewhere. The motor industry is thankfully very competitive.

8. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Nice story!