What is the cost for a Ferrari factory tour? | FerrariChat

What is the cost for a Ferrari factory tour?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by fun, Apr 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fun

fun Rookie

Jun 8, 2013
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven Nordseth
    My family of 4 is going to Italy in a few months. I called my local dealer to arrange a factory tour and I was told that the cost would be $1000 and that I needed to call back later to make the arrangements.
    I made the tour 25 years ago and there was no charge at that time.
    Can anyone confirm that the info I received is correct?
    I purchased my Ferrari from a private party and not from this dealer in case that makes a difference.

2. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Last week I booked the factory tour through FoO for July 22nd at no cost.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    No cost when I went in 2002. Just had to reserve via an authorized Ferrari dealer

4. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    It's no cost but I believe you're only allowed one guest

5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    No cost and allowed one guest

6. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Two guests have been accepted. Not sure about any age restrictions.

7. klfpaul

klfpaul Karting

Apr 7, 2003
    Murrieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Paul
    Went in May 2013, me and 3 adult guests, no charge. Booked through my dealer.

8. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    there is an age limit. no children

9. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    No charge; start with your local dealer, then Ferrari Concierge; 866-551-2828. Kids under 16 not allowed; Italian law, not Ferrari

10. wkumari

wkumari Karting

Jul 15, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Warren

If we can ask, which dealer?

W

11. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Went in 2010 at no cost plus one guest. I believe guest must be 16 yo or older.

12. jagmanv12

jagmanv12 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have just booked through the UK dealer Maranello and they charged - "The cost for a Tour is £75 per person + VAT and then an additional £100 on top for your personal guide."

13. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Hmm, this is an interesting thread -seems maybe the local dealers are making a bit on the side here - in 2010 I and another FCA member visited the factory at different times within a couple of months of each other and we were both charged Euro 60 ...

14. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Are they charging for visits if you are not from the United States ?

15. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I was under the impression, for many years, that ownership was the only priority regardless of it was a dealer or PP sale and it was free with verification of ownership via the VIN?

16. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I was told you need to be a Ferrari owner to take the tour. I was not when I was in Maranello last year so I just visited the museum.

17. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I had the hotel concierge call when I was in Italy. I went the next day.

I was at the Westin in Florence.

18. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    I may be confused, but I think there are 2 tours...

One which is the owners tour; walking inside the factory, no kids allowed, must be a verified current owner, has to be arranged through and via a dealer (or concierge in NA). No charge. We signed up for one last fall.

I believe (but have never checked, I think I read here somewhere) that there is a "public" tour, on a bus, more like a drive-around, not inside the factory per se but around the complex including Fiorano. Unsure if there is a charge.

19. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Owner of record + 1 Guest
    The " charge " is usually charged to the sponsoring Dealership.

It's a value adder of doing business with your local Dealership, though there are obviously ways around it as you have seen above.

To those that did go through a Dealership, were you also a client of that same Dealership?
    IE: Did you purchase your car from them or do you service your car with them?

I can 100% confirm, that Ferrari charges us when we process/submit a client request for a tour. To spend the night in Enzo's home is an additonal charge as well < wink >

S

20. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    You are correct, There is a charge for the public bus tour (non owner). It is as said just a drive around on the bus. If you go on U-tube and google how its made Ferrari FF. You get a good video tour of the factory like an owner.

Ago

21. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i have been a few times, never paid for the tour. now, the private jet to get there, plus lunch at montana.....thats another story. ;)

22. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    That makes sense! Although I have bought parts from the dealer, I wouldn't expect them to suck this up. I think it's fair if the dealers do this for new car buyers as a customer relations deal.

23. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  24. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    To say that the Ferrari tour for OWNERS doesn't cost anything is not correct. You may not have been charged by your dealer, but that doesn't mean it is without cost.

Let's say that you have a 550 Maranello or 360 Modena that you bought in private trade. You are of no interest to your local Ferrari dealer. But you CAN join the owner's tour. Register at the factory as an owner (on the website) and book the owner's tour through them. I did it directly at the Ferrari.com website, back in 2009. If you have a friendly dealer, you can also arrange it through them. But he will charge you the cost.

It is about &#8364;250 IIRC, including the 1-night stay at the Planet hotel or the one on the other side of the factory.

This way, you will be getting the full tour, not the tourist version.

Onno

25. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Being in Alaska, I went directly to Ferrari NA. No charge at all. If there is a charge now, that has changed, or a middle man is charging it.

This is the email I got from them:

Dear Mr.,

I am pleased to inform you that you and a guest have been confirmed for a tour
    of the Ferrari Factory on June 10th, 2008 at 10:00 am.

Shortly, I will be shipping you a confirmation packet via FedEx. This packet
    will contain the pass for you and your guest to enter the Factory for your tour,
    so please be sure to bring it with you. Detailed directions to the Factory will
    also be included. Also, please ensure you are on time for your tour, as if you
    are late, the Factory reserves the right to refuse you admittance in. I suggest
    arriving at least 10 minutes early.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions that arise.

With warmest regards,

Terra L. Muilenburg
    Ferrari NA Customer Relationship Assistant
    Phone: 866.551.2828
    Email: [email protected]
    www.ferrariusa.