Fuses box of a 308 GTSi of 1980' | FerrariChat

Fuses box of a 308 GTSi of 1980'

Discussion in '308/328' started by Sandeman, Apr 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sandeman

Sandeman Karting

Dec 27, 2010
    Belgium
    #1 Sandeman, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi there,
    I m owner of a 308 GTSi of 1980 US Version, and i like to know what s the best "configuration" of the fuses box ??

According the constructor, the configuration by default of the box is :

Left side :
    A16, A8, A16, A16, A16, A16, A16, A16, A16

Right side :
    A8, A8, A8, A8, A8, A8, A16, A16, A16

What s the importance to respect this configuration ?
    Here is below in attachment a picture of my box whish is relatively different by the amperage !
    what do you think about this ?

Many thanks by advance for your response
    Regards
    Frederic
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Wilson308

Wilson308 Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2012
    Arkansas, USA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    I'm not sure what you are asking... are you asking if amperage should be different than stock? If so, no, it shouldn't. Granted many conversions change 16 amp to 15 and 8 amp to 7.5, but making major changes could cause blown fuses or allowing faults to continue without breaking a fuse. The stock fusebox itself ages poorly but the amp ratings are there for a reason. Or were you asking something different?

3. Sandeman

Sandeman Karting

Dec 27, 2010
    Belgium
    Since I bought the car, I'd never seen that the configuration of my fuses box did not correspond to that recommended by the manufacturer.
    According to you, it would be preferable to change by A16 and A8 to avoid any risk ?
    Frederic

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There is a white base and there is a black base.

What you should know is that there is rear bussing, on the back of both blocks.

Study this VERY carefully before making revisions, as these are not electrical panels with full capacity bussing all the way thru.

Besides, why would you want to void the fuse block Factory labels???

5. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    If your car is a US version as you say, you can get replacement fuse blocks that uses the round class tube Buss fuses from Birdman http://www.birdman308.com/. I installed his fuse boxes in a '79 GTS that I owned. A definite improvement. I don't know if he will ship overseas, but worth checking out his website and reading up on what he did. For US version cars, his fuse blocks are a "must-do" upgrade.

6. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    Steve beat me to it:)

Without question, order one of Birdman's boxes. I had all sorts of trouble with my fuse box for years. I bought Birdman's fuse box and I haven't blown a fuse in 5 years. It was simple to install as well.

Trust me, save yourself a nightmare and throw yours in the garbage.

7. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Do not "throw them away" as they are part of the car, but certainly relace them.

8. mcfarlin

mcfarlin Karting

Jun 9, 2008
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike McFarlin
    I case you are stll on the fence about Birdman's replacement fuse boxes, DO IT! They made a huge difference in my 1980 GTBi.

9. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    +1 You will want to start you very own "Box-o-Parts" and set it next to the one labeled "All Things Dead". :)

10. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    Correct Fellas! I never threw away any of the parts that I removed from the car except for the crappy Ansa Muffler.