"Operation Vetshaven" Car Show, April 27. | FerrariChat

"Operation Vetshaven" Car Show, April 27.

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Olimpi, Mar 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Olimpi

Olimpi Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Middleburg, VA
    Full Name:
    David D. Olimpi
    FAST CARS & FUN: OPERATION VETSHAVEN CAR SHOW BENEFITING MILITARY HEROES SUFFERING FROM POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER.

As the hub of the nation’s defense, it should be no surprise that the National Capital area has the highest number of veterans and active duty soldiers in the entire country suffering from serious and life threatening mental health disorders such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Thankfully, for the Washington, D.C. Metro area, there’s a helping hand called Operation VetsHaven. This local, non-profit organization is dedicated to the free, prompt therapy (within 48 – 72 hours of being contacted) for veterans and families of active duty military affected by these disorders.

In order to shed some light and raise funds to treat this very serious epidemic in our Nation’s Capital, Operation VetsHaven is hosting a day full of fun and fast cars at it’s car show benefit on Saturday, April 27th, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The event will be hosted on the campus of the Volkswagen Group of America Headquarters conveniently located at 2200 Ferdinand Porsche Drive, Herndon, VA, just off the Dulles Toll Road.

“Visitors to the Car Show need to be prepared to see some really, really awesome cars,” said Chuck Clopton, Executive Director of Operations Vets Haven. “ Ferraris, Maseratis, Audis, vintage Porsches..and that’s just to name a few.” Volkswagen Group (Lamborghini, Audi, WV, Ducati, Bugatti) will display their latest machines.

According to Clopton, for those who really have a need for speed, there will be an auction for rides on an L-39 high-performance jet trainer aircraft, as well.

Spectator admission is free to the car show. A charitable contribution is being asked from those who wish to display their cars, ranging from $5 for active military members, $20 for standard display and $150 for the showcase area. Pre-registration is encouraged by visiting Home and following the link to the car show registration.

Operation VetsHaven is a Federally recognized non-profit 501(c)(3) charity established in 2011 and operating in Washington, DC and Northern Virginia as far south as Fort Belvoir and Quantico.

2. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  3. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Possibly. Great cause. Not a great location for food and beverage though. Hate to always be asking about food, but will there be some decent eats?

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Great idea. Hopefully I can attend and convince some VAG big wig to bring the RS6 Avant into the US. :)

5. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Good luck with that.

We did have Scirocco R hanging around for a bit. ;)

6. Olimpi

Olimpi Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Middleburg, VA
    Full Name:
    David D. Olimpi
    The Volkswagen Of America cafeteria will be serving breakfast until about 11:00 am. there will be food trucks on site beginning at 10:30 am.

7. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    Great event for a great cause.

8. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Should be able to bring a Bentley GT V8 Convertible out.

9. Olimpi

Olimpi Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Middleburg, VA
    Full Name:
    David D. Olimpi
    Some local cars of interest that have registered for the show are a Fly Yellow 2001 550 Maranello, and an original 1963 Shelby Cobra, serial number CSX2125.

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Aren't you on a juice diet ...lol

11. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    No, but am hitting it pretty hard though, at least hard for me. 3-4mi a day on the treadmill, five days a week. Weight lifting and planking to my modest ability. Dieting, but well balanced. Waist is down a full inch in the last month or so. Long way to go though. Yesterday didn't help.

12. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I just registered! Looking forward to it.

Hey David, I just sent you a PM.

Bill P.

13. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Piper

that better than being couch potato ...i see you are ready for crossfit now

14. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I heard there were (25) Ferrari's already registered for this event. I was also told that qualifies us for our own class.

It's not too late to register your car. Just a few days away!!

Bill P.

15. Olimpi

Olimpi Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Middleburg, VA
    Full Name:
    David D. Olimpi
    Bill-
    You have this Sunday's event confused with the other event which you and I will be participating in on Saturday, April 26, in Hershey, PA...the Castaway Critters car show at the AACA Museum. We have around twenty-five Ferraris registered for Saturday in Hershey. Sorry for the confusion.

At the Vetshaven Car Show on April 27 at the Volkswagen of America corporate offices, VW-Audi is going to display a 1964 Beetle, a 1981 GTi, a Lamborghini Aventatdor LP 700-4, and an Audi R18 World Championship LeMans Prototype race car.

16. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I guess I posted that without having my first cup of coffee! :)

Sorry about that.

Bill P.

17. alwaysbored786

Oct 12, 2009
    Centreville, VA
    Full Name:
    Muz
    I'll be joining in, I should be the only Noble there

18. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm assuming it was your car at the Nu Conceptz show a couple weekends ago?

19. DinoDriver

DinoDriver Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    Thanks David O. for encouraging us to support this worthy cause. As a Vet, I couldn't resist the opportunity to attend. Laura and I will see you all there with EGO FIX.

Bill