CarFax reports --- not totally "free" but cheap :) | FerrariChat

CarFax reports --- not totally "free" but cheap :)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by finnerty, Jul 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Just thought I would share this with the group ---- sorry if it is a re-post.

Stumbled across this website the other day. Sure beats paying the chumps at CarFax $40 for a single report ! Plus they have cheap AutoCheck reports, too ---- and others.

CARFAX 4.99$, FREE CARFAX, AutoCheck records check, Cheap CARFAX, Cheap AutoCheck, Copart, Vehicle History Reports - autovin.de - CARFAX 4.99$, FREE CARFAX, AutoCheck records check, Cheap CARFAX, Cheap AutoCheck, Copart, Vehicle History Reports

Don't know anything about any possible legal concerns with how this works (and don't really care myself) ---- so, use it at your own discretion.

2. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Thanks!

3. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Carfax > Autochecks

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    But Carfax reports cannot be taken as absolutely correct. When I was going to buy my 328, I checked the Carfax and it said that the car had never been in an accident. Since then, three separate technicians in different businesses have told me that the right-front corner of the car had obviously been repaired after an accident.

5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    yeah, but was it claimed ? was it fixed privately ?

6. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Exactly it's a tool, the accident would have named to be at least claimed to their insurance otherwise it won't make it in a carfax, just as if the cops were not called for a report it won't be on a carfax. Carfax reports public records its not like the car calls up carfax.

7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Link won't work for me. Tried it in Chrome and IE

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have a sneaky suspicion that they have an unlimited subscription and use that to get the report for people. If that is the case Carfax will be shutting them off, at least until they open a new account......just like the scammers on fleabay!

9. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Yeah, I just checked it again myself, and it appears the site has been taken down. I last used it successfully about 2 weeks ago, so I guess it was one of those "use it while it lasts" sort of things :(.

Sorry for those of you who were not able to take advantage of it.

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No worries. These sites don't typically last very long ;)

11. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Always do a PPI. I'm a dealer, and I still recommend that. Even though a Carfax can be clean, it doesn't mean that the car wasn't in an accident, never reported, and repaired out of pocket.

12. Harlan223

Harlan223 Rookie

Apr 9, 2014
  13. KevMorx

KevMorx Rookie

Jul 8, 2015
    Nah, it must be so frustrating. :( Of course, that's what business is, but checking up it's VIN is very helpful. I might have some luck as there has been no issues so far since I bought my Honda SUV. I tried VINaudit using their coupon VinAudit.com - Carfax Report Alternative, Free VIN Check, NMVTIS Vehicle History for the report and then I brought 2 technicians for final checkup and to test drive.