Official Countach Value Thread | Page 106 | FerrariChat

Official Countach Value Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Peter K., Feb 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Do you know for how much ?

R

2. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    Islandguy- Ill give ya $1250!

3. FTanner

FTanner Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Congrats to Roy on the sale of the White Anniversary. It didn't even last long enough to be advertised on his website. Countach Value thread needs to be updated. Roy said that he presold it. What does that say to the current environment of this variant and all Countachs for that matter?

Another sale with a "2" handle. That car had a bit of mileage on her if I remember correctly. A pristine garage queen Anniversary with very low miles in excellent condition could probably command $250,000 according to the last 5 sales data.

Remember that we are not even in prime selling season.

4. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    well, looking at US market now:

we have anniversary selling for 200-250k $
    and QV FI around 250-300k $

no idea where the prices for the carbed cars are, issue is there are almost NO carbed countach for sale in US now

5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I apologize, I completely missed your post!

Today I would place a car like yours somewhere in the $200ks range.

Best,

6. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    the cars at this time appears to be selling at top premiums. Even considering the overheated italian car market, they are simply none for sale out there anymore. Everyone seem to hoard them.
    So even if the market cools, if there are no sellers I cant se the price dropping.
    I cant beleive we are talking about QV FI sold at ~$300K now. The FL DD was then a bargain. Strange market.

7. FTanner

FTanner Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The Countach Train has left the station!!!

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    We are?

Specifically which fuel-injected QV has sold for $300,000? A chassis number & sale date will be useful towards corroboration, I'm just wanting to keep up with the market.

9. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    I asked the same question on LPower. No real answer. So far the highest asking price I have seen was 250 for a QV FI. Seems like people are holding on to them though

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Did it actually sell at $250k?

I'm all for nice values for Countachs, something I have championed for almost 20 years, but recently it seems like people are simply talking them up.

11. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
  12. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    325?!! come on, really? that car would have been 125 when?
    a year ago? year and a half maybe... i don't know guys, seems a little crazy to me.
    Am i not getting it? is this the big move that will stick?

13. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    The thing that bothers me is why Lamborghini Palm Beach did not have a single customer
    who said "When you get a Countach, call me, it's mine". Back in 1989, I had 5000.00 deposits at a number of dealerships with the instructions that I be put on the list for the 1st Countach that comes through the door. That was the only way to buy one in a hot market.
    Why wasn't this one already sold? Could it be the high price?

14. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    most of it will stick. that said $325K is as much as the sold Carb QV. I doubt that car sells above 270K but who knows? The market for exotics seems insane right now and that bubble will last as long as rates and $$ are kept low.
    Well at least its better than having put money in the bitcoins bubble...

The problem is that good countach are not coming often for sale anymore.
    This car is at the top of the injected type. low miles, original color, all goodies and 2 owners. Yes 2.Car fax says first was in ontarioand second in Fl in 1996.the dealer appears to have messed up his add.

15. Autosport

Autosport Karting

May 25, 2013
    Maybe the original owner moved to FL or possibly purchased a second home and brought the car there ?

16. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I had the same thought. I will be doing the same thing soon.

17. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Being originally from WPB I can tell you Lambo of PB is not known to have Countach in their inventory that's probably why they didn't have a client ready and waiting.

The price seems a little on the high side, but then again any price is possible these days.

Being that it's bianco perlato gives that car a good chance if hitting the 300k+ mark.

I turned down 315 for my car twice just before xmas. The buyer asked me twice come on @ 315 and both times I told him not interested. He said what would it take to buy it? I told him I'll let him know when I'm ready. I much rather have the car in my collection than green $ laying around doing nothing.

18. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    Instead of just pondering values here and there why not ask a group that just sold one and get a real market indicator going?

Prestige Cars - Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV

They just sold this DD. Looks like an overall very nice example. I think this was up on their site less than a week and was not sold yesterday by my eyes. Ask them for a market indicator on what they actually changed hands for if you care that much about how many dollars are in your basement.

Or better yet, why not enjoy the damn thing while your alive and own it, and only worry about the "value" when its time to part with it. How many of us who comment here are actually actively looking to sell? Maybe 1% if that. And whoever comes here genuinely looking for answers for today's market price gets a completely skewed view. Stick to the facts of SOLD cars and not just some speculative comments. One buyer or offer doesn't move a market in any part of the world. Many transactions do.

Happy motoring.......

19. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    There should be a 1989 White Anniversary car, with less then 500 miles hitting E-bay in the next 48 hours...I think you will be surprised at the asking price, let alone how fast it will sell...happy bidding

20. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    its already listed.
    looks nice

21. FTanner

FTanner Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Not on Ebay. Care to provide details

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Here is something hopefully both useful & verifiable:

1989 Lamborghini Countach for sale | Hemmings Motor News

A Countach 25th you can buy for the best part of $300,000.

The great runaway train didn't stop at the station, lets see if it can stay on the rails.

By the way, for those who like delivery mileage cars, its possible that I will make available two 25ths later this year. White/tan with 175 km, and Bianco Perlato/Blue with 186 km.

23. FTanner

FTanner Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Joe,

I am salivating.......

Do you think either will have a 3 handle attached to the price?