Any Singapore Ferrari owners? | Page 3916 | FerrariChat

Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should we end it?

1. Lung will Break

2. MP will Break

3. The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. vinesh22

vinesh22 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2010
    30000ft above you
    Full Name:
    Vin
    Thanks for the condolences wishes bros.
    bikz, according to witnesses, someone cut up next to him at high speed on a corner and he lost control trying to avoid that person. Slammed right into a lamp post that was very well grounded into a cement slab. :(
    The other car just sped off, no one managed to get the plate.. Sickening really.

2. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #97877 SFchallenge, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Guys would like to hear your opinions. Am wondering if I should get a 599 in Singapore or Malaysia. Spend half of time on each country these days. The price is far cheaper in Malaysia @ S$280-300k while it's still mid 300k in Singapore.
    Advantage of Singapore is we can export it by 10th year & get back about $200k while there's no parf refund in Malaysia.

Running cost is cheaper in Malaysia as insurance & road tax are half of us as well. Resale, is easier here than there & again we have the option of exporting while it's very difficult to sell an exotic there.

Driving wise there's plenty more roads & friendlier speed limits. Never liked the 599 for its bulbous look but a dark colour & aero kit makes it look better. It seems reliable & lower maintenance cost than earlier V12s so makes ownership & driving better pleasure.

Or shall I just wait out for something else?

Cos it'll just continue it's nose dive in depreciation. Wonder if any will be Coed here

3. cka

cka Formula 3

Oct 12, 2009
    botanic gardens
    Full Name:
    king
    That is very sad to hear. The idiot that cause this tragic accident will have to deal with it the rest of his/her life.

4. TakoC

TakoC Formula Junior

May 10, 2012
    Hi Jon, this are the 599s listed on OTO. Cars for Sale - oto.my I doubt that the price is as stated. As you can see, '07 599 with less than 10k miles is worth around RM700K which is almost the same price as a 430 of the same year.

According to your survey, how much is the market value of '07-'12?

5. synergyx

synergyx Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Synergyx
    Wow! This site is still on going :)

6. synergyx

synergyx Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Synergyx
    Wow! This site is still on going :)

Last post was 2 years ago

7. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Wow lung great to hear u are back with Ferrari. I hear you loud and clear on getting old. I never see myself in a mid engine ever again.

John for me the 599 has been growing in appeal more and more. It's a matter of time before I get one. Don't know why but I find it the most beautiful modern Ferrari.

8. Blaquewolf

Blaquewolf Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2010
    But never too old for Nasi Lemak right?

9. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Thanks Tako, that's very useful. To be honest my Johor friend came about to show me on his recent research which piqued me. As we can see, they start at Rm750K to 950K in reality. The 1.2mil car from the site is offered at Rm920K best which my friend gave them 900K but they didn't bite to my surprise cos market is very quiet at the moment so if a client comes knocking & just Rm20K away? Anyway, we found out that the car has sat for several years unused which equates to new shocks, bushes, seals etc so now he's looking at having it UK imported for less than 900K for an HGTE.

I've also found a new Naza imported titanium with beige/carbon cabin asking for Rm750K so probably 700K might close it. It's an extra toy so not sure if I'll really want it plus the fact that this car will likely bottom at Rm300K so losing 400K don't sound so nice. What do you think? 430s will bottom out @ some point but they're far easier to sell+maintain compared to V12s.

Hey mate, now look what you ended with! :D

Well, must say that the F12 looks really good from the front, very aggressive but the butt looks horrible. Anyway, can't afford it. Am also considering 550/575 in UK then realised that 599s are getting quite close on pricing so that's an interesting proposition plus the fact that it's a much better built car than 575s.

Anyway, all the new rulings have placed a lead ball in any enthusiasm for car hopping these days in Singapore :( argh so it's back to magazine reading :p

10. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    agreed mate ...

11. cka

cka Formula 3

Oct 12, 2009
    botanic gardens
    Full Name:
    king
    Its not just the higher taxes but the tight credit rules on how much debt a person can have. This rule already has a big impact on used exotics. A two year old exotic will range from 800,000 to 1M. Buyer has to come up with not just half cash, and also be eligible to qualify for a loan. The used car market is DEAD.

12. Blaquewolf

Dec 30, 2010
    Lets find a new passion. RC Helicopters anyone?

13. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    RC cars mate.... I have seriously got into it. Amazing fun. Hence no more track days hahaha.

14. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Would you believe I am losing interest in that too.... Heck I have given up drinking....

15. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
  16. jjoldskool

jjoldskool Rookie

Jun 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    JONATHAN SEYMOUR
    i live in sing

17. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
  18. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Yes Bro, the blue is nice :)

Low ball the dealer , and I believe he might sell... It's a buyers market :)

Anyone with a C4S , please PM me .. Mate looking for one

19. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Bro, it's not about low balling. There's a base value on such cars as paper value is fixed followed by body value & he's asking for exporters to come forward. Probably S$230K+/- totalled. It's a cash deal as you can't finance it unless 15months or add COE which is an interesting option now & if only the OMV is under S$200K, it'll be less painful.

20. Blaquewolf

Dec 30, 2010
    You COE it and the road tax goes through the roof.

21. Blaquewolf

Dec 30, 2010
    Give me a buzz the next time you go play.

22. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Nice , that's quite ok price ? I would think . ..

23. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Tell me about it, I'm on a 14yrs old 5.7L :(

24. DavidDw

DavidDw Karting

Dec 11, 2008
  25. TakoC

TakoC Formula Junior

May 10, 2012
    300K? Geez, that's a scary number to think of. But how many years are we looking at to achieve that figure. The <900K that your friend found sounds really tempting. I remember reading from Chris article that 599s value in UK has definitely fall a lot.

Can't compare. The sound of a V12 :D