Wealth and Health | FerrariChat

Wealth and Health

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Midkap, Apr 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Midkap

Midkap Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    Once again, my family is being hit with another rare medical condition in an abnormally young individual. So, besides the fact that I'm just looking to occupy my mind with something else, does anyone want to weigh in on incredibly unfortunate events to hit one family in recent times?

I find myself literally living for each day because I've had too many people taken from me at young ages. I welcome any words of advice, humor, etc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I'm sorry about your situation. You are quite vague so I can't offer any advice. But, I think appreciating everyday is lesson unfortunately learned by those that live with adversity.

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Really sorry to hear you're going through rough times right now. It's never easy and words only go so far.

I lost all of my grandparents by the time I was 12, and saw one suffer for the last 15 years of her life. Last year my cousins husband was diagnosed with brain cancer. While currently things look good, they seem to flip flop with each check up.

Know you're not alone. Be strong and most importantly be supportive. The more you help the family by showing support the easier it is for you to find strength and support from the family.

4. Midkap

Midkap Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks Jason. I appreciate the sentiments. I know I'm not alone.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

5. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    What is your religious / faith background? I find great peace in the midst of turmoil from my Christian faith.

6. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    Not much to say, except that life is not fair and regretfully nobody escapes loss . Sounds like your circumstances have visited upon you more than your share. Be strong and go on, others are depending on you.

May your troubles be less
    And your blessings be more.
    And nothing but happiness
    Come through your door.

7. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    "Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on." – Fred Jung.

8. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Living life one moment at a time is the best advice I can give. Regardless of your circumstance good or bad. Life is brief. Sometimes more brief than we think fair. Be present be well revel in your gifts. Jon in Delaware

9. Midkap

Midkap Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    Thank you for all your kind words. It helps. It all helps.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

10. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    It's painful and a lonely feeling to lose many people who mean a lot to you. I've had that happen to me. Try to remember them while focusing on doing things that you can control and accepting things you cannot control.

It's important to appreciate each day but it's also important to pursue things that are meaningful to you and make tangible things happen in your life. In the end, I think it's how you go about it that matters, not whether you arrive at point B or not. Don't stop living.

11. crazy canuck

crazy canuck Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2005
    West Coast
    Sorry to hear of your situation.

You mentioned you welcome words of advice & humour, etc.

A quote that's always resonated with me is from Winston Churchill. To me it provides support, humour and encouragement all at the same time...

"When you're going through hell - keep going"