Excellent analysis of Vettel & Raikkonen this year | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Excellent analysis of Vettel & Raikkonen this year

Discussion in 'F1' started by Wolfgang5150, Apr 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Done!

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think you missed all the races where he came from the back and finished on the podium/deep into the points.

Lest we forget that any race started from the back and not won is a massive failure, of course...

It's kind of tough to fight others when you're leading, too. When you spend half your time driving in the front wondering what you should have for dinner and still be very skilled at overtaking (especially post 2010 Spa) says a lot...

3. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Very good read, thanks! :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

4. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    Also Vettel has a child now. Hamilton took a perfotmance nose dive just with lady issues. If he is any father at all the kid will absorb a lot of his time.

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Great post.
    Do yourself a favor ; Leave the Ferrarichat F1 section.
    Join up with the Formula One Drivers, Engineers, and Team owners forum, sit back, shut up and take it all in.

6. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Tough luck.

7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

yeah OK

Lol

8. 505T

505T Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    F1 is a spectator sport. Spectators have to disagree, otherwise its no fun.

The cream always rises to the top, and as soon as the seed of perception of Vettel's dominance as being down to superior equipment was planted, it would take some seasons of dragging about in a sub-par vehicle and getting good results to uproot it. I remember putting Alonso's championships down to the car, but he has since proven to me that he can operate in all sorts of machinery. Vettel has that chance starting this season, and so far? Not good.

9. chrisclifford

chrisclifford Rookie

Apr 23, 2013
    I think Kimi, when in a car he likes, is no doubt the quicker driver on Ferrari's team. I did not say better, more complete, or better suited to winning a race, I just said quicker. Kimi has the world record for number of fastest laps in one season (10, he did it in 2005 and 2008) plus he holds the lap records at 3 of the 18 current F1 tracks (Alonso has 0) plus Kimi has the most consecutive points finishes ever. He is damn quick in machinery that suits him. Alonso's driving style is easier on tires, Alonso is less hyper-sensitive about car control and Alonso is a better PR driver (Although his rants about Luca last year didn't help...) Even though I am a Kimi Fanboy, he is being beaten fair and square, but I hope Ferrari works our Kimi's issues soon so we can see the inter-team battle we were hoping for!