Voice Control | FerrariChat

Voice Control

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by naford, Apr 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. naford

naford Karting

Sep 11, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Hi all ... new to the world of Ferrrai's ... do I have to be in "Phone" say on the right hand TFT screen to be able to use VR with the phone ... is there anyway I can use a command that does that for me ... else kind of defeats the point if you have to use the right hand joystick to put it on phone, before being able to do anything with the phone.

I've used the phone as an example, but clearly sometimes just wish to do something with Radio or CD etc ?

Cheers in advance,

2. jazztrip

jazztrip Karting

Oct 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I believe the answer is yes. The voice control operates on whatever component is currently displayed in the right side TFT screen. So yes, if you are using the infotainment system and want to make a phone call, you have to reach over and use the right side console controls to switch to Phone before making a voice controlled call.

3. naford

naford Karting

Sep 11, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Thought so ... but had hoped someone had created a work around lol !

Thanks for taking the time to respond however !

Appreciated.

Regards,

4. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    That's actually wrong. I just double checked this morning and you can switch between phone, media, etc by saying "phone" while you are listening to the radio and it will switch over. Then you can make your call.

Not sure if I am clear but you first have to change source (nav, media, radio or phone) with the Voice Control and then you can do anything you want in the system you are in.

I hope it helps

5. naford

naford Karting

Sep 11, 2013
    United Kingdom
    That's really helpful Deppi0 ... thanks, will try at the weekend !

6. jazztrip

jazztrip Karting

Oct 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe
    deppiO, I wondered if that was true also, so I tried it yesterday (said 'phone' while listening to satellite radio) and the Voice Control took me to a satelite radio station whose name sounded like 'phone' (I don't recall which station it was). I'll try it again tomorrow.

That would certainly be nice if it worked.

7. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    Maybe my Italian accent helps for once ;-)

8. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011

Lol. No wonder VC is a bust for me. I figured it was because my voice couldn't be deciphered over the wailing engine.

9. jazztrip

jazztrip Karting

Oct 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe
    OK, tomorrow I'm going to try "phone-a". Thanks for the tip deppiO!

10. jazztrip

jazztrip Karting

Oct 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe
    OK, I tried it again; saying "phone" while listening to satellite radio and the voice control simply changed the radio station to "90's on nine". I tried it again while listening to FM radio and no joy there either.

deppiO, could you try yours again please? If you can get that to work I'm going to have my dealer look into this when the car is in the shop next week.

Grazie!

11. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    I will try again tomorrow and let you know