LaFerrari Review Thread | Page 21 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari Review Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by MisterMaranello, Apr 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    last time you have said something positive on laferrari?

2. Mark ANTAR

Mark ANTAR Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR
    Do I need to? Not really.
    Well, I have to say that I like the seats.

3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It seems that it happened on this Ferrari review as well. The matter is very simple: Ferrari has released a set of numbers, same for everyone obviously. Every other magazine reported the same numbers. Only AMUS reported a different set. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who's wrong.

4. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Wow... You're just too cool for school now aren't you?

5. AlexKlimt

AlexKlimt Karting

Nov 9, 2010
    Sure that seats are important from an a**hole 's perspective.

Sorry moderators, ban me if you want, but this guy is more than flesh and blood can stand!
    "Un putain de taré" in french, "un cretino" in italiano.
    I won't miss him and his posts.

6. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    LOL

7. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    You do hate Ferrari. You're obsessed with McLaren and you'd love nothing more than to see their main rivals fail. You will analyse every word of every LaFerrari review (translating a German review in this case) and try to focus on any negative point you can find, no matter how minor it is. You've already tried to manipulate quotes from a number of journalists in an attempt to put a negative spin on several overwhelmingly positive reviews. We don't ignore things because they're negative, we question them when they contradict what was said by every other journalist that drove it.

You're a desperate, pathetic fanboy with nothing better to do. You'll report back to McLaren Life in the hope that you might get a pat on the back for all the work you've been putting in over here. Here's hoping that someday you'll realise that there's more to life than McLaren.

8. Maggio23

Maggio23 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2013
    +100

9. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    #509 MisterMaranello, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Mark, that's BS. You are a fanatic fanboy of McLaren, you refuse to accept anything positive at all about the Ferrari brand or LaFerrari. What constructive "negative" things have you pointed out about LaF? All I can recall is you stirring up the discussion with personal views and belligerent comments. You then go around on other forums boasting of how you've managed to "upset" the Ferrari crowd.

Cut the crap.

You came into this thread with only negative views, and you have held on to them. Be a man and own up to it.

+10000000001

Especially the fact that you are constantly manipulating quotes to favour your side of the argument is testament to how weak your arguments are and how sad your form of trying to win a discussion is.

You need to get the idea of that everyone on FChat is a LaF fanboy out of your head Mark.. Because we are not. You argue against us like we too are fanboys in the way you are, but it doesn't work. As modena excellently worded it; We don't ignore things because they're negative, we question them when they contradict what was said by every other journalist that drove it.

Furthermore, I think it's a shame that you are contributing to giving McLarenLife and McLaren enthusiasts such a bad reputation. I am a member on McLarenLife, and fortunately the vast majority of the users there don't share your views or participate your pathetic crusade aganist everything Ferrari.

10. AlexKlimt

AlexKlimt Karting

Nov 9, 2010
    Evviva Modena!
    Thanx, John.

11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #511 jm2, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    looks like Mr. Marchionne had a LaFerrari at Chrysler HQ for the FCA press conference yesterday. Photo by Klaus Busse

sorry this should have been posted in the LaFerrari photo thread,my mistake :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. AlexKlimt

AlexKlimt Karting

Nov 9, 2010
    Red Ferraris and black SRT in the same garage... Yummy...

PS: plus a Ford Mustang (Boss) and a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Barracuda please.

13. Mark ANTAR

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR
    "manipulating quotes"? What quotes did I "manipulate", please do tell me.

I'm happy I've contributed positively to McLarenLife and McLaren itself. They needed my opinion on a few occasions and I'm glad I was able to help.

When the 918 tests were conducted, everyone was talking about the brakes, because they simply aren't perfect. what's the big deal? Now that a few journalists have mentioned the same thing about LaFerrari, I shared them here and everyone replied so furiously. Never intended to be "harmful" and I never was. People's comments made it seem that way... otherwise I would've been banned.

14. AlexKlimt

AlexKlimt Karting

Nov 9, 2010
    #514 AlexKlimt, May 7, 2014
    Soon we'll see a P1 version that s*cks the driver... Waow!
    Mclaren Special Op realisation / Mark Antar's design.

15. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Is that one of the "dummy" cars which can't be started?

16. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    The 918 brakes are a whole other story.

There was initially unanimous critique against their feel after all the journos had driven the prototype. But then when they drove a production ready car Porsche was praised for their achievement. Remember the 918 is the only car of the three with electric drive on the front wheels. It's in the nature of physics that they will not be able to match the LaF / P1 brake feel. Nonetheless, P has done an outstanding job calibrating the brakes.

The LaFerrari brakes have not been mentioned anywhere near the same way as the Porsche brakes were after they had driven the 918 prototype, where the brake feel was one of the highlighted points of criticism.

The fact that one (or two) journalists have mentioned in a bi-sentence that the LaF brakes feel a little peculiar at low speed cannot be compared to what was said about the 918. It was a causal observation on their behalf, not a factor they emphasized heavily.

In fact, the brakes have been praised. I'm not going to bother quoting the journalists who've driven the car for the gazillionth time. You can go back to my posts and read what they have said.

The fact remains, you analyze each review clutching for straws that might implicate negativity that you can exaggerate. It makes you look like a fool, because it takes the average FChat user merely a few seconds to see through your act.

17. andy101

andy101 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 28, 2013
    lets just call him mark mclaren dennis

18. AlexKlimt

AlexKlimt Karting

Nov 9, 2010
    Nothing to add. Bravo!

19. andy101

andy101 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 28, 2013

20. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    #520 MisterMaranello, May 7, 2014
    Yeah, he must be their hero musn't he?

Waking up each morning, setting out on the gruesome crusade against FChatters and the undesirable numer one: LaFerrari. Returning each evening to his home of McLaren, in desperate hope that he will get some recognition for all the time he wastes each and every day.

Regardless of how much Mark has "helped" McLaren, I'm pretty sure they are not to happy about the way he ravages the reputation of McLaren enthusiasts online.

Because let it be said, I for one have nothing againt the McLaren brand nor the P1. I know many McLaren enthusiasts that are great company. Most, if not all McLaren employees I've met through the years have been absolute stars.

21. andy101

andy101 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 28, 2013
    so glad to hear we have some expert here chooses to sit behind the computer and provide some much needed help for a supercar company instead of directly works for them. people you really can't underestimate the depth of talents in this forum.

22. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    OHMYGOD!! That's near my apartment!! And I'm in DENMARK!!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!! I would have killed to see it even for a second!

23. Mark ANTAR

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR

At least I wasn't the one who got banned.

Good for you. How about we end this now? It's not right for the thread. If you have a personal issue with me, then send me a PM.

24. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Yeah, I also got banned after a discussion in the other thread. Big deal.

What's good for me? You trying to be an internet soldier?

Just about everybody here has an issue with you. It's you that are the cause of the problem, not us. The best suggestion I have for you, if you want to "end this now", is to quit this forum. It will be the best for the community. You have contributed absolutely zero to this thread (quite the opposite actually), so you are not in any position making comments about what's "best" for it.

25. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    They sure kept it a secret. Don't think the local Ferrari dealer had it for any time either.