F1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA PIRELLI 2014: RACE ### SPOILERS ### | Page 11 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA PIRELLI 2014: RACE ### SPOILERS ###

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    Wanna bet on that?

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

3. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Um..yeah.. Pretty much every driver and team are irrelevant at this point except Lewis ans Nico. Give credit where credit is due, however. He had a fantastic race... I think the fastest lap as well...or damn close.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

I'll never understand folks who think a driver just lucks into 4 WDCs.

Vettel has driven POS cars and done astounding things with them. He can pass, he doesn't have to start from pole to do well.

5. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

+1

I don't care much for him as a person, but man, he is something else in the cockpit of a F1 car

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #256 PhilNotHill, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    When Bottas in a Williams beat both Fcars it is a sad state of affairs indeed.

And the Mercs lapped the Fcars like they were standing still. :(

I suspect Fred will leave when his contract with SF is up.

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Rosberg was on the slower strategy and Hamilton acknowledged that.

During the end, with around 5 laps to go on the radio.

Unless either sold their apartment in the last few months, they are. Hamilton's was one level above, I think.

Didn't quite catch what Hamilton said at the end though, but it sounded like he said ''I'm his neighbour too''.

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I hope this is not another case of ''keep the Nando happy, as he's been looking at teams again'' from Ferrari.
    Raikkonen lifted when the Mercs came to lap, as he didn't want to interrupt the battle.

9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks mate that means a lot really :)

Hi Andy thanks mate, I will post in my thread exactly what happened to me soon, quite a tale, believe me I have been very lucky.:)

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Nice to have you back kraftie!

11. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ferrari is embarrassingly pathetic; another couple races and it'll be time to, once AGAIN, throw in the towel on this year and start planning for next year (actually, that time is already here). Wonder when they're going to pull their heads out of their collective a**es.

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    That time was here when Mercedes was so much faster than anyone in the first race and didn't even go at full tilt.

Mercedes could've won on a 5 stopper today (with ease).

Ferrari is 2 seconds back on Mercedes, around 7 tenths to a full second to Red Bull. With all the hope they gave us in 2013, regarding drivers, designers and how early they started on the car...it's nothing short of pathetic. They should atleast be equal or better than Red Bull at this point.

13. DF1

We are probably looking at a Mercedes or Red Bull year as well. I dont see Ferrari making this up for next year either. Mercedes are the fave already for 2015.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Logic says yes.

Still hoping Honda can pull a surprise out of the bag with McLaren.

Ferrari is (hopefully) rebuilding. Matiacci is a first good step.

15. DF1

Mclaren will for sure be interesting! I hope Sr Matiacci can move things along. I think he will need next year to consolidate and think 2016 will be better for Ferrari.

16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This seems to me just politics helping Fred. Raikkonen isn't political and skilled manager David Robertson died. Fred has his own skills and lets not forget his manager Flavio's Italian heritage and skill to help influence politically.

17. Alex1015

Alex1015 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2005
    USA
    Indeed, all down to Ross

18. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    That makes it better???? No. Just the opposite. No point in having an Fcar in the way of Mercs is there. why risk a penalty from the stewards. Kimi did the right thing. the problem is the car!!! ;)

Getting lapped is a disgrace (without mech problems or a wreck) whether the driver lifts or not IMVHO.

Best

19. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    He was the slower traffic, was given blue flags and must move out of the way or move on. He couldn't go faster so he must get out of the way. It was the most sportsman thing to do.

I believe you're post has a lot of sarcasm, but I can't tell what part is sarcasm.

20. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Great strategy...although the data will agree with Ham. Nico was quicker the last two stints, but ham has the win.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Lauda took over about a year ago. Brawn made the mistake of the secret test, which cost him the job. It takes no great imagination that he was put on the back burner thereafter.

22. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Ferrari is no better off this year than last year compared to Red Bull. Ross and micheal got all the hard work done at mercedes if the engine rules stay frozen they should win the next three championships pretty easily

23. Alex1015

Alex1015 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2005
    USA
    Lauda has nothing to do with the running of the team

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #274 Bas, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    I wasn't aware that David Robertson died. Steve manages Kimi mostly though. IMO it was indeed politics to help Alonso, he didn't get the choice as leading driver when he wanted to come in or indeed which strategy to follow once the race evolved.

25. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    No sarcasm. When you are a backmarker you should drive like a backmarker. That's what Kimi did. Good for him.

Best