360 Tires | FerrariChat

360 Tires

Discussion in '360/430' started by OUMick, May 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What is your preference?

2. Rnye

Rnye Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    #2 Rnye, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just set the car up with Nitto NT01s. 225/275. Dramatic difference over standard road tires - hugely recommended. Less than $1K for a set shipped - expect to go through a set every 5K or so.

IMO, tires are THE MOST important part of the car. Doesn't matter how great your brakes are or how much power you make if you can't put it down. Everything is improved with a set of stickys.. and at this price, why not?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I always have gone with the Pirelli's, just my personal preference.

4. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am getting my choice of tires when I buy the car. They are splitting the cost. I was leaning towards Bridgestone but I don't really know why.

5. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Michelin Super Sports are my favorites!

6. GWARREND

GWARREND Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Greg
    What he said. Michelin SS for an all round street / light track duty tire.

7. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Super sports don't come in stock 360 sizes...I went with the new Pilot sport A/S 3's and they grip like my Boxer tugging on "leg-of-mailman", I really like them so far...supposedly summer stick without winter issues...here in CA I do get some 32 degree sunny day drives so nice to have a sticky tire.

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Correct that Pilot Super Sports still don't come in OEM sizes. The tire of choice that comes in OEM 18" sizes is the Bridgestone RE-11. It's recommended for all but cold temps, and/or if regulatory authorities don't permit it (I can't recall what the issue was, mainly in Europe; probably speed rating as compared to the stock P-Zeros).

It would be interesting to compare them with the Pilot Sport A/S 3s. The conventional wisdom is that summer tires nearly always out-perform any all season counterparts in both dry and wet traction, cornering and braking. Read the posts by the track guys, who swear that RE-11s are the closest to dedicated track tires.

9. ferraristyle1

ferraristyle1 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    +1 on the Michelin's

I prefer the Pirellis, but in my experience I don't get much than one season out of them as the compound is so soft I get only 5K or so. With Michelin I get about double that.

Obviously a non issue for those who don't drive their car that much.

10. BJKim

BJKim Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    I use michelin pss 225/40r18, 265/40r18 on my 360.

11. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Mike
    I had PZeros on my Jag and the 360. I changed both to Michelin Pilot Sports at $830 a set and they have plenty of grip and last longer than the Pirellis. I honestly don't think you will notice the difference with higher cost stickier and shorter life tires unless you track. I once put a set of Yokohama A008s on a Honda Prelude Si and they were good but only lasted 8k miles.
    Alan

12. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I think the RE-11 is a good tire, certainly holds up to track use... performs fairly well. But it is not a dedicated track tire, its still a street compound for sure. Better for track is the R888, Trofeo R, etc. and you can still drive them to and from events - I'll probably do one or the other for my next set.

13. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I love my RE-11's. I would have preferred the Michelin ss, but they don't come in the stock size.

14. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Any rubbing issues on the front? Either going straight on the outside lip or turning at full lock?

Thanks.

Deiger

15. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They don't make PS1's anymore, they don't make PS2's in the correct size... I have been using the RE-11's. As long as it is not raining, you're good to go.

EDIT: That being said, those Nittos look like some monster tires!

16. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    RE-11s are fine in the rain.

On my car, even OEM sizes required some slight fender rolling in front, albeit I had no clearance issues unless driving hard (like on the track). I would not use larger sizes in order to fit MPSS, especially if going smaller to 265 in back. There is a bit of snap oversteer in the suspension, so going smaller in back while going larger in front can exacerbate that. It may not matter if you don't drive hard, but I don't think I want to find out if having to avoid a semi on the highway.

17. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I am also in the market for some tires for 18x8 and 18x10.5 wheels.

Are the RE-11's really square? I don't see why you would need to roll the fenders unless you were lowered or running aftermarket wheels.

Since my ideal tire sizes are 235/40/18 fronts and 295/35/18 rears, I was considering the Continental DW's since they are highly regarded on tire rack.

I would love to run the RE-11's but would be afraid they might be a little narrow for the wider wheels.

18. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    +1 on the Michelin PSS or the Bridgestone RE-11.

19. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

Yes, they have broad, square shoulders. I also think my car sits a little lower than most other 360s. But others who have tracked their cars or otherwise driven them hard have also reported some outer front fender lip issues. Check out a bunch of pics of 360s. Look carefully and you will see quite a number of them have some bowing at the 12 o'clock position, a sign that the tire hit them at some point. But if you never bottom out or drive hard in corners, you will likely not experience clearance issues.

20. Cyt

Cyt F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2014
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cyt- Chin
    Hi
    Can you provide more details of the nitto tyres especially the front ones. Are they 225/45/18 or 225/40/18?
    Ta

21. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I run on PSS and love them; no track time for my car though.

22. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this or not...
    I have Bridgestone Potenza S0-2A tires on my 360 Spider.
    215/45 ZR 18 in front
    275/40 ZR 18 on rear

Seeing them off the car, with the fronts next to the rears, you notice a HUGE width difference in the tires. I've never seen anything like that on one of my cars before.

Anyway, FWIW, I am very happy with my tires. I bought them brand new for the start of this driving season, and I've found them to be smooth, yet spirited. I highly recommend.

23. BJKim

BJKim Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    No issues at all. Since the pss has very good grip, you will not lose any grip by decrease in rear tire size. IMO overall PSS is the best performance tire on street.

Moreover, I will not consider re-11 because it is w rated.

24. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    What's wrong with a w rating? Really value cruising at 180mph? Decreasing rear tire width (all other variables static) you'll create more oversteer.

25. BJKim

BJKim Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Why dont you try one before you tell me it will creeat more oversteer.?
    For me, speed rate is very important. 360 is still very fast car and can speed upto 298km/h, so you never know that you may need "Y" rated tire.

This is just my opinion and recommendation. So decision is all yours.