What was I thinking??? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

What was I thinking???

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Linas, Jan 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Linas

Linas Karting

Jan 26, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Linas
    No, Romano, it was a genuine bidder. Person, who has seen the thread, car fax report, vin, with whom I have talked over the phone few times. Two hours before auction close I got his call, kindly asking, if it would be possible to cancel his bid. He was distracted by all this drama on the forum and mentioned, that he is not feeling comfortable with a "comittee of judges" from the forum having the car on the spotlight, just in case he would decide to sell it later.

Anyway.

It might happen that I would afford that other Ferrari project, without selling this car. It would be great. Will see, how it goes.

Most likely, this is my last post on the forum. I will not bother documenting my next project and sharing the progress, given the attitude of some forum members ("family"). Thanks for those, who helped me with this TR project. That is very much appreciated.

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Linas, it's very sad that for 3 or 4 person we will ALL pay for it.

3. DarkShines

DarkShines Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2014
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Lee James

A very strange quite.

This guy was trying to sell a Ferrari with rather a bleak history & yet not informing potential new owners until he was discovered. If somebody on this forum had bought the car from him & then linked it to this thread there would have been hell to pay......

Nobody is saying he shouldn't have advertised the car. But not to disclose the info at the earliest opportunity (like in the ad itself) is just wrong & clearly was a way of hiding it's history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel

+1 ! ! !

so for you it would be ok to buy such a flood car without knowing it?
    strange kind of thinking I must say. or do you have so much money to buy just an other if you don´t like the first one?

and because of those 3 or 4 person you mentioned here the world is keeping running. if all would think like you everybody would pull over the table the other and later then there is the big crying.

5. Linas

Linas Karting

Jan 26, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Linas
    Now really, my last post on this forum. Ever. Apologies to all again, I admit, this was not appropriate way to describe the car and only share full info responding to the PMs.

Let's stop it here.

6. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Romano this is not what I'm saying. I mean he appologize for it and we all know it is not correct to advertise that way. But the thread he did was great to read and follow. He never hid what he did with the car.
    He made a mistake, we all learn in life by our mistake and I think he learned something here.

I think we should try to educate people instead of bashing on them.

Now we've lost a contributor.

And please Romano and others don't take it bad but sometimes I found Fchat to be very rude and hard on many cars that are for sale and to their owner. The negative always come on top very fast and forget about the good side of it.

It's very good to help people not to get ripped off but to scare the **** out of them is another thing.

I was talking with a Porsche owner this week and he told me he would like to own a 308 but he stayed away because of all the complexity of owning a Ferrari and maintenance cost. All that is because of the all the negative talking. After a long discussion I was able to show him it is not that bad and he emailed me back this week and he was looking for a 308.

I think if someone would just have tell Linas '' Maybe you should tell about your car flood history because you can put yourself in trouble and you shouldn't do that'' in a polite way he would have understand and apologize.

Now he's pissed off and gone!!

Just my opinion.

7. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #207 Mr.Chairman, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    Oh....come on.. Everyone is so sensitive.. He made a mistake - we called him out on it.. End of story.. He got pissy and announced his leaving.. hey.. whatever.. I dont think its necessary to leave the forum.. You f*cked up.. you got called out on it.. Lick your wounds and move on.. We've all become such b*tches.. No need to be so drastic.. Its like your telling us we are not going out for ice cream.. WTF.. Suck it up.. take us for ice cream and forget about it.. So g*d d*mn sensitive.. Waaa.. Linas - 1:54 into this clip.. this is how your acting.. For godsake man..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REmLV4vMwlg[/ame]

R

8. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I think we live in the northern hemisphere of the earth in a civilized society?
    and in such a society this was linas has done before he changed the description we call this handling in germany "nonnegligent fraud" ( vorsaetzlicher Betrug )
    may be this is the wrong word in US but the translator told me so.

9. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Dear F Friends .... why not stop here and now.

Our messages were clear ... and received ... PEACE now please ... :) !

10. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    it was more fun in here before...................