N.J. Ferrari owners? | FerrariChat

N.J. Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ready321now, May 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ready321now

ready321now Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Hey guys, I am slowly gathering drivers local to our homestate...I have found a few local owners, and have tenative plans to meet up this summer...

Anyone in NJ interested in going out to FCA events, Cars and coffee, or just drives in general?

I went out to the Spring Fling FCA event and it was a blast. I will certainly show at future events.

I drive a 1997 F 355 Spyder, Swaters Blue, and live in the Jersey shore area, (AKA Ocean County).

PM me with your info and suggestions for meet-ups. Perhaps we can stir up our own Central Jersey pack of "horses" and meet up a few times over the summer and fall of 2014 and beyond...

If this sounds like good fun to you, just send me a message with your phone#, type of exotic, and general location or town if you feel comfortable divulging such info. Hope to hear back from you all, especially if you have a 355! Would love to compare notes!!! -Brian

PS. A big hello to DrBob, Clyde and Blue 90. We should all find a central spot to meet up.

Ciao!

2. Chriscann

Chriscann Karting

May 15, 2011
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You can count me in. I'm in Wayne NJ area. And would love any excuse to drive down the shore. Let me know when.

3. tommie

tommie Rookie

Feb 28, 2013
    i also live in wayne and own 2 1991 testrossa blk and red
    currently doing eng out on one
    tom

4. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Well boys, looks like we are up to six so far! Great! I'll start brainstorming some good places to go.

If we do a meet-up down here by the shore, we can swing past the boardwalk in Seaside as they rebuild it (Hurricaine/ Huge fire), then head out and take some pictures by the bay. Perhaps a good lunch will be in order.

I suppose we will schedule these when there is a gap between larger FCA events, or on an off-weekend where there are no cars and coffee events. I believe both Red Bank and Shrewsbury are the second saturday of each month...with Red Bank happening 2x per month, I believe.

Definitey looking forward to forming a NJ stable; the horses have to run!

5. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Would love to see a TR show up!!!!!

Perhaps we can shoot for the end of June...A Sunday would be easy enough, though Saturdays are fine as well!

6. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Movin' right along, these are folks who have expressed an interest in future NJ region meet-ups. Nice!

1. DrBOB.................F 355 1997
    2. Chriscann...........355 F1 Spider
    3. Tommie .............Testa Rossa
    4. DonJuan348..... 360 Modena Euro 1999
    5. Clyde M..............F355 Spider /308
    6. Ready321now...F 355 Spider 1997
    7. Jeff.................... 355 F1 Spider 1999

It seems the bulk of our buddies are in the northern half of NJ, and it was proposed by Tony Boniello of "Bergen County C&C" that we might use a cars and coffee event as a jump-off point to our next destination. (sundays 2x a month).I am into that idea, as well as any other ideas/ routes we can conjure up. Chime in!!!

I must admit I do like the idea of meeting up at the shore at some point. I want to take professional quality pics near the bay or beach...so I might throw my friend some cash to come down and snap some photos, and I would email them off to everyone from his memory card.

Just throwing a date out there....perhaps June 29, Sunday.This is the week before the fourth of July. Where? We can sort that out right here on this thread.

7. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    We have several very good photographers on this board.
    I'd like to have some nice shots too.
    Perhaps with a semi/professional model.

BTW: Wayne here too.

8. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    I can supply not only a model. ..but an Italian born one. She is quite the showstopper...Trust me on this she would quickly agree...lol!!!!!!

9. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    She is in....viola!

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I'm good with the shore especially since I've once been once long ago .

11. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I'm always in.
    Jersey Shore area; 330 GTC, BB512, CS

I know some nice back country routes through the horse country to the west with sweeping turns and good visibility, a spirited hour or hour and a half drive leading to a nice outdoors lunch spot.

There is also a nice little C&C event down here the second Saturday of the month at "The Grove" in Shrewsbury, 9:00am. There are always some interesting cars (and drivers) there.

Red Bank C&C:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/112747978815355/

12. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    John sounds great! What are the chances you could bring that beautiful 330?I also know of a run around Wharton State Forest which is supposed to be pretty nice

13. bosshog8

bosshog8 Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2011
    Pinelands NJ
    Full Name:
    Demetrius
    I agree. The northern NJ guys have all their meets down. Does this state just die after monmouth county? We have way better scenery south of that. I for one have put a ban on myself for driving north to do anything. I'm sick of it :)

Anyway, I'm in southern Ocean County and if something materializes down here I'm interested.

14. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    My car isn't in one piece at the moment, but once it is I'll gladly join in. Mine is an old 330GT.

Regards,

Art S.

15. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    #15 JOEA2, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Falcon7x

Falcon7x Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2012
    Flight Level 450
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I'm in as long as I don't have to work!
    Ocean County, NJ 2013 - 458
    Stew

17. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    I am sure I will meet up with the guys up north but I am definitely going to try and pull something together down this way by the shore and beyond. As a matter of fact I would like to shoot for Sunday, June 29th if there are any takers! it would be nice to get a drive in before the 4th of July traffic keeps us locked up at traffic lights. I imagine it will be blue skies as well. Who is in?

18. NA1MT

NA1MT Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I'd be down for anything local on a Sunday.....Monmouth/Ocean Counties...no F-Car in the garage, but my NSX usually goes over pretty well.

19. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I'm in. Keep me posted.

20. Chriscann

Chriscann Karting

May 15, 2011
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just for the record. I now own a 360 F1 Spyder. Sold the 355.

21. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    If it's Monmouth County, then I might be in - have soccer tournament, but if the weather's nice, both my 308 and my E-Type will be out.

22. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Love the NSX!! the car has great lines...hope to see you there...

23. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    it goes without saying that any type of exotic is welcome...not that anyone is unwelcome. If you show up with a farm tractor and you think you can keep up go ahead and have at it!!!!

24. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    Why does it have to be June 29? Why not sooner? The summers go fast.

25. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    2000 360 checking in. always love doing the meets though it rarely happens due to weather/travel/insert random excuse.

if you guys do something during the day (not mornings) i'll try to make it.