Stop 100 in Ontario | FerrariChat

Stop 100 in Ontario

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, May 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    It's time , sign up.

We need to ban together on this and push this agenda.

The 400 series needs this in Ontario.

http://www.stop100.ca

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    You wanna drive 130 without getting a ticket? Move to Quebec!!! :p

3. Northman

Northman Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2014
    Laurentian, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Denis Gauthier
    Yes and if you hit 150kph we even have a special valet services with storage facilities. You do not have to do anything because they provide their own car transportation so your pride & joy will be in a secure place for one month (entry level package) or more if you wish. All that for a "reasonable" fee = welcome to "La Belle Province" .

4. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    I didn't really start living life until I left Ontario permanently. Nothing beats driving a Ferrari at 200km/h+ on the highway for long stretches or cruising through small villages on twisty roads with barely any stops. Or lounging around in city cores that were actually designed with people in mind. Ontario sucks the life right out of you with its social controls on everything fun. If it's not some feminist/gay pushing their agenda down your throat its out of control police officers pillaging/killing or the government taxing everything.

You can sign all the petitions you want that place is on a one way ticket down. Life's too short to waste away in Ontario Canada.

5. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Well, I was hoping the thread would get some people to sign the petition, not bash everything wrong with Ontario amd how great Quebec is ..LOL , I think we all know the Ontario short comings.

If we start this, maybe we can make it a movement of sorts to get it to 110km/h .... Or even 120 ....that's where it should be anyway on our highways here.

6. c4sdriver

c4sdriver Karting

Nov 17, 2007
    Ottawa
    We should get a "no front plate" petition going too!

7. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    True dat!

8. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I don't think I have ever gotten pulled over for doing over 120 on the highway anyway. 180..that's another story. Thank god I have a great lawyer as a friend and customer!!

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  11. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I voted for the no front plate as well.

We should all get behind this , too many times doing 125 on the hwy and all of a sudden brake lights everywhere , and you realize everyone slowed down because of the OPP hiding in the tall grass...that is much more dangerous.

Time to work together and ban this front plate to save government money, and raise the speed limit on the 400 series to 120. They can still keep the racing law of 50 over if it makes them feel better....but that over 50 should also be ditched.

12. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    1) Thank you, I'm sure it's a much better province now.

2) Now if you could just leave this forum, it would improve too.

13. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I'll drink to that.

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Zing!!

15. Nikki Sixx

Nikki Sixx Karting
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2014
    Wisdom. Right there.

16. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #16 bernardo66, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ummmm....you pretty much described most of Europe and every ex-Soviet block country.

:rolleyes:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Maybe they could get a proper website made. It looks like a 13 year old did it and it's hard to take it seriously. Anyway I signed for what it's worth.

18. DrDon

DrDon F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 11, 2012
    Infractionville
    Full Name:
    Armando Decredenza
    I once got a ticket on the 401 south of London Ontario for doing just 10 km over the limit.
    First the cop almost forced me off the road while entering the hiway and then followed me on my bumper for 5 miles before pulling me over. All the while he was tailing me, cars and trucks were passing on my left at considerably higher speed than I was going.

My conclusion as that the old fat cop was either showing off to the young snuggy recruit he had in the car, or perhaps his wife had run off with a guy who drove a big Mercedes.. Prick!

19. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I'm going with the latter.

20. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief

Bingo!! :)

21. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Experience gained on my many trips from the West Island, QC to Mississauga, ON has taught me to set the cruise control on my Volvo to 128 km/h from Alexandria, ON to Mississauga, ON and set it to 118 km/h from Alexandria, ON to the West Island, QC.

The QPP WILL give you a ticket for 120 km/h, whereas the OPP will NOT.

Or maybe it's because I'm driving the Volvo? :)

I got two speeding tickets in my Mondial in QC, one because I did 65 "and accelerating" (according to the Cop) in a 50 zone.

Bernardo - maybe St. Leonard cops are different (more lenient) ??? :)

22. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    The speed limit in Switzerland is 130 km/h. That's why all Lambo and Ferrari owners go to Germany for their weekend "outings" ----> no speed limit!

I purchased my Mondial in Berlin when I was working there and had it up to 180 km/h a few times until I noticed the cracked sidewalls of my TRX's (I think they were the originals...). Then I slowed down until I had new tires...:)

23. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    So where is your Nirvana now, i.e. where can you do all of the above?

I know that If you do all of what you described above just about anywhere in the world you will eventually get caught and pay a huge fine. And in Switzerland, the amount of the fine for very excessive speeds (e.g. 200 km/h) can be pegged to your net worth. Just ask the Swedish guy who was fined SFr 199,000 (about $220,000) for speeding with his F-car through a few quaint little villages along lake of Geneva a little while back...:)

24. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    I like this idea.. heck, I'd pay EXTRA not to have a front plate.. heck, Liberals can call it a revenue tool..

25. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Photo radar is the answer.

Put it where there is actual danger of an accident.

Free more police from having to work traffic duty.

Generate revenue for the state, or choose to slow down (especially once you know where the permanent cameras are).

As the ticket does not indicate who was driving (strict liability on vehicle owner), it does not affect your insurance personal driving abstract or insurance record.

Ok, driving here in Dubai is not a picnic, but after a few years of it you just see speeding as an optional tax. With a fixed amount per ticket up to 160km/h, it is pay to play, as it were. If I am on the way to work, no sense in goofing around. Get dinged in the weekend car, early on a weekend morning? Well, I earned that $120 fine.

It only works if you take the police out of the speed traps as part of the 'deal'. The irony is that revenue would go up, while costs of enforcement would drop. A win win for a cash strapped province.

Just my (expat) $0.02.