430 Header cracks again | FerrariChat

430 Header cracks again

Discussion in '360/430' started by abferrari, May 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abferrari

abferrari Rookie

Apr 27, 2011
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    AB
    After some cracks were welded on my 2006 430's header about a year ago, now it has some cracks again per my service manager. Now CEL lights up continuously. My option is either weld it again or change it with aftermarket since the original is very expensive.
    But my service manager told me installing any aftermarket, CEL light will light up because mine is 2006 and the software is different from the newer ones.
    Anybody successfully replaced 2006 header without CEL lights up? What brand is recommended?
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    That's not true. My 2006 has Fabspeed headers and as a precaution had the included 02 sensor extensions installed. No CEL on whatsoever and it's going to be a year now.
    Do the headers, you are going to love them! More low end torque, deeper sound and really wakes up the car.

3. mah_hai

mah_hai Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Canada
    Did you need a tune to change the headers or is it just a direct swap?

@808Forza - Nice car btw, getting a gated 6 speed shipped over to me soon as well.

4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    The MK1 headers will always fail however much you weld them, the MK2 OEM version is a slightly different design, but if you need to get new headers outside of warranty go aftermarket and get some without cats, I and many others can recommend Capristo

5. abferrari

abferrari Rookie

Apr 27, 2011
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    AB
    808Forza, great! love to have the low end torque and deeper sound. Which Fabspeed model? where did you get it from? I'm in Malaysia. And if you don't mind me asking, roughly how much is the price?
    Thanks!

6. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Just the stock tune and it runs great.

I don't recall the price since it's been a long while but I would contact Evan @ Fabspeed (he's here on the forum) and get the Fchat discounted price.

7. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Hey abferrari,

Sorry to hear about your headers :( I just did ANOTHER F430 here at Fabspeed due to suspected headers failure. I will PM you pricing details! Gil, happy to hear that you are enjoying your Fabspeed headers. It makes me cringe a little every time I think of just how many F430 6 Speeds are around (or aren't around). You are a LUCKY guy!

Evan

8. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    Its Joe at Fabspeed Motorsport USA. In the last several weeks Fabspeed Motorsport has installed our direct replacement bolt-on high performance headers on over 6 Ferrari cars.......... models like the 355, 360, 430 and a 458 cars.

We just completed another beautiful 430 Berlinetta today. Evan can post pictures of the car and installation. The car had very very low miles and was completely stock with the exception being the car arrived with a Tubi rear muffler and Tubi tips.

The happy owner decided to swap out the failure prone/ engine eating 430 OEM headers that have a precat . He was in fact essentially doing cost effective high performance preventative maintenance.

Fabspeed technitians installed Fabspeed high performance equal length headers that bolted to the stock OEM 430 catalytic converters and we installed a Capristo 430 rear muffler bracket with green springs that the customer supplied. Everything was a simple bolt-on affair.

The Fabspeed 430 headers are hand tig welded from Type 304L stainless steel .065" 1.6mm thick with an F1 Indy car high velocity merge collector.

The result the Fabspeed headers made Berlinetta a lot faster and snappier and completely enhanced the wonderful Tubi sound. Fabspeed Ferrari headers enhance the sports car sound of any stock or aftermarket Ferrari exhaust.

Properly engineered and incrementally Dyno developed high performance headers always eliminate the poorly designed Ferrari factory 360/430 USA specification headers that always have restrictive pre-catalytic converters. I hate to say it but its public domain that 355 headers are absolutely terrible.

These cars are absolutely beautiful and the finest in automotive artwork..........simple high performance bolt-ons can make a good improvement in reliability, power and sports car sound.

9. Wisky

Wisky Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Lee NJ
    Full Name:
    David
    How much are we looking at for Fabspeed headers installed at your facility?

10. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Evan called me today to let me know my headers and exhaust were ready to ship. My car had new factory headers installed just prior to my purchase. I would assume they are MK II but I'm not willing to take the risk. I plan to keep this car a long time so peace of mind and better performance made this choice simple.

11. JB7

JB7 Rookie

Apr 19, 2007
    Rye, NH
    Full Name:
    Jon Bowers
    I just purchased an 07 F430 F1. Were these also affected by the header issue? Even if this year is not prone to cracking I'm assuming the Fabspeed headers would still give some gain and get rid of the precats? Car is bone stock, 7700 miles. Thanks for any input/info!

12. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes! Mine is an '07 and my service records indicate my original headers failed at 5k miles in 2011.

13. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    #13 Evan.Fiorentino, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    To my knowledge and experience, even the later cars have been plagued with failures at mileage ranging from 3k - 10k. The Fabspeed headers in any event are a nice upgrade with significant gains across the entire RPM band, they are the biggest individual bolt on upgrade that you can do for the performance of the car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. fstbiker

fstbiker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    I have a 07 and the stock headers started to show a crack and replaced with fabspeed.