Replaced one crank sensor - two to go | FerrariChat

Replaced one crank sensor - two to go

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by PCosta, Oct 19, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCosta

PCosta Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    I have an 84 308 QV... I replace one crank sensor by removing the fender undercover and stretching through and reaching the sensor. Any suggestions for the other two would be much appreciated. Can I get them from underneath the car? Is that the best and easiest way? Thanks

2. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    #2 NYCFERRARIS, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    I am doing the same job.... ... any R/R steps ?? any pics... I know this has been well discussed already but search didn't find what I am looking for .. a tech "sheet" of this r/r... thanks , I saw pic http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/308-328/143953-flywheel-pickups.html and info and see that I get it by removing the inner rear left wheel well.... any further tips welcome, or I will share...

so far for the tach sensor it looks like I had to remove the four bolts holding the oil cooler in place and swig it rearward to get enough clearance past the oil cooling line to remove the sensor from the bell housing.