288 v F40 v F50 v Enzo v La Ferrari | Page 3 | FerrariChat

288 v F40 v F50 v Enzo v La Ferrari

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Traveller, Jun 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Choose just one, never to be traded and assuming all of equal,value.

1. 288 GTO

2. F40

3. F50

4. Enzo

5. La Ferrari

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Ross, does this mean that the teenagers (who really ought to be getting on with their homework instead of wasting time here) are the ones choosing the La Ferrari? :)

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Everyone should take some time to dream. That's what makes us human.

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    more than likely ;)

the problem with the latest hypercar is always that it doesnt yet feel like it has a soul. furthermore, so few people have had a chance to see them, let alone drive them, that nobody really knows them as well as they (think) they know the others.

as far as i am concerned, the la ferrari does nothing for me. it doesnt evoke any emotion. the enzo didnt do much for me, but it eventually grew on me. i kind of doubt the Laf will get there.

4. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I'm 25 and picked the GTO...

5. chouch

chouch Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2008
    F40 is the one that was all over my bedroom walls, but voted F50.
    I love the design of the F50, the fact that you can look at it and see a modern F40 in it. And that V12 sounds so good.

F50
    F40
    288GTO
    LaFerrari
    Enzo

6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Excellent!

7. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    then there is hope !

8. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    F50 please.

Why?:

Naturally aspirated V12

Manual Transmission

Convertible.

Very few electronics / driver aids

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    That does sure help! :)

I think the LaF definitely has a soul- and has soul. To my brain, the biggest achievement is Ferrari's taking all this technology and making it simple to operate and with really no change to the experience from "just" a NA V12. You just drive it. And if you know how to drive you will get more out of it. You don't have to think like an engineer to operate it. It is a street car after all.

10. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I voted F40, but I'm hardly objective. I adore mine.

What's clear from the research however is the brilliance and single-mindness of Ferrari - to create five very different machines with remarkably the same DNA. I mean could any of the five have been created by Lamborghini, Porsche, Aston Martin or McLaren? I really don't think so. There's very few comapnies that can pull this off - Apple, Nike and Disney perhaps. And arguably only one auto maker.

11. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    What is car DNA?

12. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    What will really be excellent is if I can someday ring you up and say "So, Joe, I can finally get myself that GTO..."

Hopefully I won't be that far from 25....

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    It will happen.

14. Bobj

Bobj Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2013
    UK
    For me the key to this is in the way the qn is phrased

"Be interesting to see how Fchatters would choose if they could select just one of these cars. Assume they are all of equal,value but could never be resold so as to level the playing field."

If I can only have one it has the be the GTO. Despite being the oldest it's the only one which is real world practical (haven't driven LaFerrari so maybe that is smallish, has great visibility, easily clears speed-bumps and pot holes without pressing buttons - but I doubt it)

Also I think we should divide the final results by the production numbers. Most people who are voting are owners and people naturally vote for the model they own (and why not they voted with their wallets) - I predict a GTO win ;) :D

15. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Trait Inheritance.

16. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Interesting how far behind the Enzo is.

17. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Is Enzo suffering from being too new (compared to a sure fire classic like F40) and at the same time not new enough (because LaFerrari is so hot and new right now)?

Enzo is kinda like Jan Brady it seems!

Hopefully our European friends won't be too confused by that analogy.

18. MD326

MD326 Karting

May 6, 2007
    MD & FL
    Full Name:
    WJP
    If you could upgrade the transmission in the Enzo whether it be faster shifts or to a double clutch, would this move it up the list for lots of folks? For me, it would :)

19. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    LaF. Never seen one in real life yet, but something about the car instinctively appeals to be in an way the other cars just don't. Subjective and pathos-based I know, but I'm glad we can all have different opinions on what our dream car of the five would be. Never driven any of them.

20. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    288 GTO without a doubt. The shape is perfect, it can be wrung out on the street, it's timeless to me.

21. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    was at the dealer yesterday dealing with my 456 problems, and saw a 288gto there for service. and as it happened, there was a 308 near it, so i could compare things. well there is no comparison. the general shape of the gto is of course derivative of the 308, but its a different size in every dimension - it really looks like the incredible hulk of 308's. it sat surprisingly high off the ground too, so it looked a lot easier to drive than my spoiler (knuckle?) dragging f40. i would like to drive one some day as comparison.

22. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    porsche has that nailed. 50 years of 911s, boxster, cayman, cayannes and all there variations you can barely tell them apart!

23. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Hard to choose between the 288 and F40. F40 it is.

24. blockbuster

blockbuster Karting
    Owner

Nov 26, 2006
    U.S.
    GTO: The first. The most rare. The most usable. The most beautiful (IMHO). And driving? Well, just read the reviews!

More Ferrari "super cars" may come along in future, but only one can ever be the first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD