Ferrari Sightings | Page 108 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    If you would permit visitors on your track day, would love to drive the spider up to watch. It would be a nice informal gathering of sorts.

Deiger

2. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    As a result of the gumball rally, I was on my way back from FCI to have new tires and an alignment and saw:

Gallardo Convertible
    F12 (all vinyl wrapped up)
    That new Jaquar convertible
    I believe an R8 also.

It was real hard to tell what the cars were at speed because they all had a lot of vinyl wrap and numbering, and with me doing 70+mph and trying not to hit all the cars filming me (lol) was tough.

It was a beautiful day for a drive. A great vacation day for me and the spider!

Deiger

3. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hi Keith - MSRP on the Huracan is $237k. As with most Lambos it is named after a Spanish fighting bull. Huracan is Spanish for hurricane and in this instance a famous bull from the 1800's. For more on Lambo etymology try Lamborghini trademarks 'Huracan' and moves away from bullfighting - Torque News

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

underground did the exhaust for my 930 that you saw. high quality!!!!!

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

the new lambo looks the business!!!! very, very nice...almost elegant!!!!

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Huracan looks great...yes, almost elegant. very clean, cohesive design.

7. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'll definitely bring it to cars and coffee at some point. It's still months away from being built however so it won't be all that soon. I hope to get it by November. In the mean time I'm just crazy excited about getting to drive the P1 next week and visit the factory to spec out my car. The last time I was there they we're making the last few pre-production prototypes and I got to see a meeting on the production floor about build techniques for the car. It was pretty awesome! The friend who came with me returned the favor by getting me invited to drive the 918 with him the week before last in Chicago. He gets his 918 in September.

8. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    White Ferrari FF headed West on I-26, just east of Spartanburg, yesterday on Sunday afternoon maybe 2:30 or so. I was going East on I-26. Besides my wife reading the Candadian F1 race reports from the phone, it was the highlight of the drive!

9. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Sure is too bad that the C&C at Waverly Place is toast now :(

That must have been awesome! I would freak if I got a chance to drive any of those! What color do you think you'll get the P1 in?

-------

(To avoid making multiple posts, here is what I have seen lately):
    Yesterday:
    991 911 Turbo
    A couple of Tesla Model S's
    Aston Martin Virage or DB9 Volante (went past in the other direction so I couldn't tell which one it was)

Today:
    Rolls Royce Silver Ghost (or Spur or something)
    Lotus Esprit V8
    BME Alpina B7
    A few RS Audi's.

10. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    You MUST (MUST!!) post some TG Test Track pics with the P1. I've met "the guys" when they were at VIR several years ago...they are the same when the camera is rolling or not...great bunch of guys, and always funny!

11. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #2687 MarkNC, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    None of the "guys" are likely to be there. McLaren uses Dunsfold as their home track. So while it's the "Top Gear" track it isn't being used by Tog Gear that day and they're. To likely to be on site the same day I am. But I'll take a pic or two. Here's a picture from the 918 day.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. MCxDRIFTY

MCxDRIFTY Karting

Oct 8, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Matt Campbell
    In the words of Jeremy Clarkson: "I'm actually having a crisis..."

13. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Lotus Elise outside of the Landfall Shopping Center (in Wilmington) yesterday at about 1:45.

14. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #2690 nicholasn, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On Wednesday evening at about 8:00, a newer Bentley Arnage drove past Lumina Commons in Wilmington. Only exotic out that night.

Finally saw a Ferrari today, a silver 2001 360 Spyder, parked at Benchwork Autoworks (located at the corner of Dawson and W. Davie St in downtown Raleigh) at about 2:00 this afternoon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    A white Rolls in Southpark Thursday. A silver AM Vantage in uptown CLT yesterday afternoon.

16. nitsud

nitsud Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    -Saw a red Ferrari 308 or 328 (couldn't tell for sure, it passed in the opposite direction) on a flatbed truck on Highway 74 near downtown Charlotte around 3:00.
    -Ferrari California at the intersection of South Boulevard and Archdale Drive at about 3:45 in the afternoon
    -Black Nissan GT-R at Windsor Square shopping center this morning
    -Black Maserati Quattroporte on highway 51 this afternoon

17. SebastianJ

SebastianJ Rookie

Jun 15, 2014
    Does anyone know where exactly this guy lives? And more importantly, when is the LaFerrari going to be delivered?

18. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Saw the same 360 Spyder today parked at Benchmark. Anyone know this guy?

19. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Saw a bunch today - but I stopped at FCI, so not sure that counts......

PDG

20. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage on I-77 South last night around 9 PM with a female driver texting away. The random brake lights popping on repeatedly kinda gave it away before I even got next to her.

21. nitsud

nitsud Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    -Saw a lime green Lamborghini Aventador Roadster driving down Johnston road early this afternoon. Kind of disappointed I couldn't get any pictures of it, but it was still a sight to see!

-Saw a yellow Ferrari 360 Modena parked in a small shopping center off of Elm lane in Ballantyne at about 1:45. I've seen it parked there a few times now.

22. SebastianJ

SebastianJ Rookie

Jun 15, 2014
    I bet the Aventador is the one we saw at Gumball.

23. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    It might be UGR they have one or had one.

24. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I think it was at Motori Italiani. There was a green Aventador Roadster there with a temporary plate under the Lamborghini Carolinas tent.