Ferrari Torrance Dealership??!!! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Torrance Dealership??!!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Easy888, Feb 21, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Clint Beastwood

May 20, 2014
    PVEferrari, many thanks for the info.

I can't wait to have my own Ferrari-Maserati dealership in my neck of the woods. If I know myself, I'll be a regular there.

2. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

Clint, you're very welcome.

Charles

3. Clint Beastwood

May 20, 2014
    Interesting tidbit: while driving down Hawthorne the other day, I saw a lady holding up a big sign in front of the future site of South Bay's Ferrari. It was hard to make out exactly what it said since I drive like greased lightning, but I recall it saying something to the effect of "Ferrari-Maserati corrupts the South Bay"

Anyone hear more about this potential drama?

4. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    While driving past the site today, I noticed the Ferrari of South Bay banner on the fence had been taken down. I wonder if your story has something to do with that. I did notice some work starting on the property though.

5. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

I saw that too about a couple of weeks ago.

Also, I noticed that the Ferrari of South Bay banner on the fence was gone a few days ago, will try to find out what's going on.

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Haters everywhere in PC SouthBay. These are the same people who are "holier than thou" and claim to be so righteous yet will violently key your Ferrari.

7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    A lot of Big steel posts are up. Its going to be at least a double decker building with high ceilings.

8. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    ...and then we tell all the potential buyers "don't service your car here, come down to my place we'll show you how to do it!"

:D

9. Clint Beastwood

May 20, 2014
    Any updates, gents?

October is just a month away. Is the grand opening really only 4 weeks from now?

10. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    No way.......months to go! It's just all steel right now. I will get a pic in a day or so :D

11. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    #86 jm348, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    They had a dealer representative (Eddie, if I recall correctly?) with a small stand at the Palos Verdes Concours de Elegance last Sunday. He said they should be open "around November".....

13. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    November 2015? I'm no construction expert, but, there is ZERO chance that place is done by November 2014 judging by those pics. Was anyone even working at the job site when these pics were taken?....looks stalled.

14. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    There were a couple of people in hard hats, definitely not a full "crew" :eek:

15. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    After seeing the construction pics I agree that November 2014 is too optimistic, even though he meant this year

16. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    To have a rep for the dealer/owner sit at a booth or tent at the PV Concours , look someone in the face and say they will be up and running by November 2014 is_______________. You fill in the blank.

Unless "Eddy" was misquoted or misunderstood, it sends a terrible message to future customers as to their credibility.

17. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    Was visiting F of BH yesterday. They told me the store would be open December 15. I asked them if they'd seen the store recently. Told them I would bet my car vs. Speciale but they declined.
    Protesters in front of F of BH. They told me it was because the general contractor was using non-union labor.
    My bet dealership opens 5/15.

18. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    I will be near there today and post up some more pics.....the guessing game is kind of fun :eek:

19. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Cute sign! In NYC we get giant inflatable rats.

I somehow don't think the community and the potential customers are one and the same...

And yeah...5/15 open looks good. Maybe March, but no sooner...

20. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Pessemistic

21. MikeGT87

MikeGT87 Rookie

Dec 26, 2013
    I'm happy to see Ferrari come to Torrance. I have considered one in recent years but feel there is no local support. With my CGT, Dave at Porsche in Torrance is CGT Certified. I recently picked up a Ford GT as well knowing there is a large Ford dealership in Torrance. Although after I bought the car, I found Ford in Torrance knows little about the car and everyone is recommending Galpin in the valley... great...
    Although PV and the surrounding areas have plenty of cash, I agree it's very laid back and less flash than your BH and Newport areas. But that doesn't mean there are no buyers. It's just a different kind of buyer perhaps.

22. andy2175m4@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy Rein
    I guess I live in the slums, I live in RHE and I only see about 2 or 3 Ferraris per year.

What street(s) in PV has 7 Ferraris ? Behind the gates ?

23. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I didn't know we had such a big PV crowd. Admittedly I don't see much Ferrari's being driven around in the area.

24. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    are you joking..the traffic in orange is the worst