Saturday, August 2nd - SEBRING TRACK DAY!! - Here's your chance to DRIVE Sebring! | FerrariChat

Saturday, August 2nd - SEBRING TRACK DAY!! - Here's your chance to DRIVE Sebring!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ILuv4Res, Jun 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #1 ILuv4Res, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    Join the Ferrari Club of America at Sebring!!!

Here is your chance to get your car onto one of the most infamous and fun tracks in the world!! So much history, and so much fun will be packed into this full day at Sebring!!

Sponsored by the Ferrari Club of America - Florida Region, Ferrari of Central Florida, and Ferrari of Tampa Bay!! We will have 3 run groups: Ferrari Touring, Mixed Marquee Touring, and an Advanced group, so there will be appropriate groups for everyone!!

Registration and Tech Inspection forms are now available, and will be emailed to all FCA Members (Florida Region). Register early, by July 15, for the discounted rate of only $350 per driver (including lunch), with extra lunch tickets at $20 each, for a full day of fun!!

Discount room rates available at Chateau Elan (use rate code FCH01Z).

For more details, contact Fred Burton at [email protected]

:)

2. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #2 ILuv4Res, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. BigP1202

BigP1202 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Will be there :)

4. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Just a reminder to register early for the discounted rate!!!

5. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    A better alternate is the Performance Driving eXperience by SCCA at Sebring July 19-20. I am doing the 20th, four sessions of twenty minutes on the short course for a grand total of $90.00!!!. I did this last year and it was a total blast!!!! 134 mph heading to the hairpin by the hotel.

Aug 30 there is another SCCA PDX on the full course. Not sure of the cost, as registration has not opened yet.

Drive it like it was suppose to be!!!!!

6. FLY YELLOW

FLY YELLOW Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2008
    Boca Raton,FL
    Full Name:
    John Vag....
    #6 FLY YELLOW, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    Better alternative?
    Sorry I disagree. I prefer to be on a race track with other Ferraris, and/or Ferrari owners and not (possibly) with a bunch of young kids going all out in their $5,000- $15,000 cars and think it's some kind of a race!
    I personally have no problem spending the extra few hundred dollars to be with fellow peers on a high speed track!
    A few extra dollars is not worth the safety of yourself and the value of a Ferrari?

7. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Kinda' crappy post, to put down someone's event like that to promote another ......... Have fun at your BBD $90 partial course of who-knows-what.

I seriously doubt you will find a full course track day at Sebring with lunch for under the $350 cost offered. Believe me, as I know the finances behind renting the track and all of the associated expenses.

8. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The organizers put in a lot of time and effort organizing the FCA Sebring event. By promoting a competing event in their thread along with starting your post by saying "a better alternative is..." is a bit insulting to them. Just start a new thread next time.

Scott

9. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    #9 craterface, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014

10. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I've driven in almost every FCA FL Region track event since I began keeping a track Ferrari in FL about 15 years ago, and find them to be a good value and a fun time. I've nothing at all against Chin, Hooked on Driving, Performance Driving Group, SAFE Motorsports, etc., etc. (I've driven in all of those events too), but the FCA events have invariably been worthwhile.

11. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Thanks for the kind words ya'll!!! :)

Just another reminder to register early for the discounted rate!!

And, for anyone who just wants to come spectate, there is no charge to do so.....

12. West360

West360 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    I'd like to attend the FCA Sebring Track Day. Do you need to be a member of the FCA to attend? I'm currently a member of the FOC. Thank you.

13. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    By 'attend', does that mean to spectate or participate?

If just a spectator, anyone is welcome to come by.

However, if a participant, insurance requires all participants to be FCA members......

Regardless, its only $135 for the year to join the FCA, and you can join via the FCA national website. So, why not sign up?!

14. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I am signed up. We will be bringing a couple of Challenge cars.

15. 1919A4

1919A4 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Saint Petersburg FL
    Will be there. What is the best way to get there from St. Pete? Room code doesn't work on website. They said to call them directly. 863-655-7200

16. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #16 ILuv4Res, Jul 14, 2014
    Just a reminder about Sebring!!..... and the early-bird registration deadline....

*Register early, by July 15th, for the discounted rate of only $350 per driver (including lunch). Extra lunch tickets are $20 each.

3 run groups (Ferrari Touring, Mixed-Marquee Touring, and Advanced), so there will be appropriate run groups for everyone!

Discount room rates available at Chateau Elan (use rate code FCH01Z).

Schedule:
    *Friday, August 1st at 6:00pm -cocktail party at Chateau Elan
    *Saturday, August 2nd
    Track opens at 6:00am
    Tech starts at 6:30am
    Mandatory Driver’s Meeting at 8:00am
    Orientation laps at 8:30am

We also encourage spectators to come watch!!

For more details, check out the attached registration form, or contact Fred Burton at 954-444-2274 ([email protected]), or Steve Selz at 561-358-4696
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #17 ILuv4Res, Jul 14, 2014
  18. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    FCA events are a lot of fun. Sebring is an epic track perfect for Ferrari's. This is the full course!! The short course is a waste of time.
    If you don't know your way around, I will volunteer Ira to show you.

19. pad

pad Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Tequesta, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Delatush

2 quick questions.
    1. - Is "Ferrari Touring" the same as the Green/White Group designation used by other FCA Regions?
    2. - Do you advise the Tech Inspection be done prior to the Event, and if so, what local shops would you recommend?

Thanks,
    Paul

20. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    But if you want to know the fast way around the track, you need to follow Greg!

21. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Touring is for novice and intermediate skilled drivers. Passing only on the straights, with point-by.

Definitely recommend the tech be done prior to getting to the track. Something as simple as flushing brake fluid, could delay your track time if not done prior. Ferrari of Tampa and Ferrari of Central Florida are sponsors, so of course they can do the inspection. You are welcome to use another certified mechanic of your choice. It is just to make sure that the basics are checked before getting onto the track. Inspection forms attached on the posts above.

22. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    Are ride alongs allowed?

23. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Would need to sign the release. Then, you would need to find someone who would take you in their car without worrying about liability or vomit.....

24. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    So would anyone be willing to take me out :D

Vomit is not the issue. I used to do ride alongs with my friend that was an instructor at road Atlanta.

25. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Last call for Sebring!!!!

We have a great roster of cars and people attending.....if your'e on the fence, this is the final call!!

Of course, anyone who would like to come spectate may do so as well!!