Louisville Cars & Coffee | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Louisville Cars & Coffee

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by indaville, Mar 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yes, Saturday is still on at Captain's Quarters. It is going to now cost $5 per car. An email should be going out later today regarding this.

2. SuperJ

SuperJ F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    This was posted on Posche Club FB page:

Cars and Coffee This Weekend!! Only $5 and helps a great charity!

Subject: IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT CARS AND COFFEE FOR DYSTONIA
    We would like to thank everyone for making Cars for Dystonia such a popular event! Just as we begin our 6th season of this event, we are once again experiencing growing pains. We have tried to keep this a free event open to all but due to the rapid growth we are incurring more expenses than we take in during a given Saturday.

Captains Quarters can no longer allow us to use the entire parking lot as well as other green spaces adjacent to their property that they do not own. As you all saw last month, we are beginning to outgrow our location. In the meantime we are searching for a new location. Captains Quarters has been nice enough to allow us to use their parking lot for July and August. However, we have no choice but to charge an entry fee per car in order to park in the lot for participants and spectators.

Each car will be asked to pay $5.00 per car, half of which will go to Captains Quarters for the use of designated spots in the parking lot and the other half will be donated to the Bachmann-Strauss Dystonia and Parkinsons

Please be aware that there will be a person collecting your entry fee as you enter the lot. You will be able to turn around and exit if you choose not to pay the entry fee.

No one is allowed to park on the grassy area on the left before you enter the parking lot, as this property is not owned by Captains Quarters.
    We appreciate your help and we look forward to seeing you this Saturday!

3. 1guy

1guy Rookie

May 25, 2014
    kansas city
    Full Name:
    bill
    That's sad. You can't come up with a parking place to show a few cars in Louisville Ky. You have the guts to charge $5.00, half going to the lot owner. What the hell is that. They should be thankful that we show up. It should ALL go to some charity in the area. Sad, just sad.

4. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    I wouldn't say it's a "few" cars. If you were to attend you'd understand. We no longer have any room for a spectator lot which means people were forced to park on grass that was not owned by the business in which was allowing us to use their parking lot.

5. scorpion

scorpion Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Kentucky

While comments from persons who have no involvement with C & C, either managing it or at the very least attending, have no relevance, for those who do, here are some facts from the last C & C. There were approximately 400 cars, the total donations were approximately $160 - that's 40 cents per car. The number of cars exceeded the available paved parking area owned by the restaurant. Therefore, attendees were parking and damaging adjacent grassy areas that were not the restaurant's property. As there will no longer be any freeloaders, the charity will make a few $ and the property owner covers their overhead. While I'm not so sure $5 will discourage many attendees, if it does, a small reduction in numbers will help the available paved parking area accommodate everyone.

6. 1guy

1guy Rookie

May 25, 2014
    kansas city
    Full Name:
    bill
    I've been there a few times. But lets do the math. 400 cars at $5.00 each equals $2000.00, but you say only .40 cents per car was donated. It sounds a bit strange, does it not. So you gave the lot owner .60 cents. That's charity? You still need to find a bigger place, how bout Churchhill downs? Plenty of room, or the old convention center by the airport. Come on, think outside the box, you can do it.

7. There is other meets in various places, but none this close to me. I'm fine with $5 & delighted the event will go on.

8. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    The math is that only $160 was donated last month from the 400 cars. If the $5.00 had been charged the charity would have received $1000.00. I agree that we could find another place, and probably will, but I really enjoy going to this location. I'm not sure where you got the .60 cents from.

9. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    Show was awesome! The $5 entry fee didn't seem to turn too many people away. Turnout was great.

Everything worked out just fine. I also liked the new food area with the tables.

10. RomanDad

RomanDad Karting

Apr 23, 2005
    Pretty good show... But theres always one ******.

11. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    Lol... didn't hear anything.

12. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Great weather, lots of great cars, had a great time. Well worth the $5.
    We never gave the lot owner anything before this month, and, this will really help the Dystonia and Parkinsons foundation.

13. RomanDad

RomanDad Karting

Apr 23, 2005

Just one of the vette guys was a bit of a tool to me personally. Probably didnt even know what he was doing. No biggie.

14. RomanDad

RomanDad Karting

Apr 23, 2005
    So whats the car show 411 for this weekend?

15. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Just Bill Collins for me, we have plans for the evening.

16. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    wilderthanmost.com lists some of the car shows and cruises for this area.

17. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Brian, you might want to contact Bill Collins Ford. They might be interested in providing space for the cruise.

18. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Captain's Quarters Sat 8-9-14 9-11 am

19. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Just saw this, I am just friends with the family that puts Cars and Coffee on, I will pass this on though.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate for a good showing this weekend!

20. RomanDad

RomanDad Karting

Apr 23, 2005
    Anybody show up yesterday?

21. RomanDad

RomanDad Karting

Apr 23, 2005
    Is the bill Collins thing on tomorrow? What about the one by the grocery store?

22. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    #198 DANCER308, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Yes and the Midcity Mall, taking the 308 to Bill Collins first.

23. shmc930

shmc930 Karting

Jul 16, 2006
    Louisville
    Full Name:
    Steve Mc
    Where's September's Cars and Coffee going to be held?

24. scorpion

scorpion Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Kentucky
    September C & C will be at Captains Quarters.