Official Ferrari 250 lusso picture thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Official Ferrari 250 lusso picture thread

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by roma1280, Jun 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    4965 GT. DNF in the 9 May 1965 Targa Florio.
    This was not the only Lusso which raced in the Targa Florio.

Marcel Massini

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I agree the usual Ferrari red is not the most suited colour for such an elegant car, i really like Steve M. lusso colour, and this dark red looks great also. I like silver but i think darker colours (not black) are ideal for the Lusso.

3. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    #78 John Vardanian, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. lgs

lgs Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    Thanks and really beautiful!! And both with correct tires! What a relief!

5. Kinimod1210

Kinimod1210 Karting

Jan 30, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    D.B.
    #80 Kinimod1210, Jul 7, 2014
    Do not own the copyright (and is unknown to me), but since the picture was taken of me and my car, I suppose I have the right to post...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Beautiful. Thanks for posting Marcel.

7. Streetrod

Streetrod Karting

Apr 16, 2011
    #82 Streetrod, Jul 9, 2014
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    simply pefect.....

9. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    Absolutely stunning. Its like a rolling sculpture. As to the price? Ofcourse we have moved to fast too soon. But these cars are rare. Demand is still super strong. Maybe before the Lusso was undervalued (I think so). Only 350 were made. Today perhaps they are fully valued. I think the current prices will hold up for a while before they move any further.

Other thoughts?

10. gimmea250swb

gimmea250swb Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    This is a factory print. I used my phone to take it. It's. Bit faded.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Tough call, all prices seem crazy to me, but that being said, maybe the lusso should be half a steel swb (they are basically the same car) in which case they should be worth $6m as steel SWBs are now $12m. So maybe 2 millions pounds is cheap! Who knows, only time will tell.

12. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Prefect condition so it seems. Wonderful color combination. Thanks for sharing.

13. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    The saying ... All that glitters isn't gold truly applies to this car......Bought blind at auction in NZ in early 2011 and shipped to UK.......Myriad of mistakes and problems both mechanical and cosmetic...275 rear bumper, no grille badge, rear parcel shelf not Black.......door trims wrong........... Young owner didn't and still doesnt wish to know about them.....Painstakingly but innacurately restored by a shop in NZ.....I have about 60 pictures of the restoration......Was Blue Sera met with Black hide prior to restoration and sold by Talacrest to previous owner in 1994/5......Speak with Foskers in UK for full list of mechanical maladies........However in this crazy market have no doubt it will sell for the higher estimate......

14. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Paul, this car would be probably the most meticulously restored Lusso ever. Even the clock was taken apart and restored. Restoration started from inside the chassis railings dipping 3 times for rust prevention. The car was Rossa Corsa in the early 90's and as far as I know changed color from the Blue Sera in the 70's. Mechanically when I sold it was in great condition mechanically. The interior leather was near perfect, not one crease in the leather at all that should not be there.
    No grill badge as far as I could trace back. Just wondering if all Lusso's had a grill badge.

15. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Hi Warren.......My intention was not to vilify the car but to point out that when it was restored the shop in NZ made some fairly basic errors. I have all the photos from the restoration and totally agree the commitment and time spent was exceptional. My presumption has always been they lacked experience or knowledge of these cars. I am travelling at the moment and dont have my file on the car to hand but Foskers in the UK were commisioned to check the car over when it arrived and their list of faults and non original parts was huge. From memory I can only comment on the cosmetic issues which I begged the new owner to let me attend to........at no cost. If a Lusso is meticously restored you dont fit it with a centre section rear bumper of a 275....... if it had it before it should have been attended to......My criticism of the car which some may feel is unjust was and is the amount of replica items used in the restoration.......particularly door furniture...handles etc, all light lens......trim pattern to door cards and the non standard finish to the rear parcel shelf.......With regard to the front grille badge I was told by the auctioneers that you had kept it as a keepsake of your long ownership........ What I will say is that it would not take a lot of money to correct all these faults and it really should be done by its new future owner........Hope all is well with you and it would be great to meet again when you are next in the UK.

16. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    #91 John Vardanian, Jul 10, 2014
    I'd like to point out that the rear shelf is not always black vinyl. Here's 4527 with its original interior.

I think the rule of thumb is the "B" pillar. The cars that have strips below the rear windows interior color, also have the rear shelf interior color. The rest, all upper sections of the interior would be black all around.

john

17. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    #92 PAUL BABER, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    Hi John....The joy of FC is that one can learn a lot from others knowledge and if what you say is correct which I dont dispute, its a first for me......I have personally never ever seen a Lusso with anything other than a Black rear shelf........Nevertheless 5443 definitely started life wiith the rear shelf trimmed in Black. I always thought the approx 1 inch section below the rear screen matched the headlining before joining the Black vinyl rear shelf.

18. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    #93 John Vardanian, Jul 10, 2014
    The upholstery of the dash, the "A" pillars and the long panels below the driver/passenger windows are black. The long panels under the back windows and the back shelf are sometimes black.

john

19. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Your ref color?
    Mark, your cars are too much!

20. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Thank you!
    Blu sera.

21. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    #98 roma1280, Jul 11, 2014
  22. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    #99 roma1280, Jul 11, 2014
    Makuono likes this.
  23. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Nice body, I will spend my time making pictures...