Please hire Bianchi on the spot!! | FerrariChat

Please hire Bianchi on the spot!!

Discussion in 'F1' started by nietoale1, Jul 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nietoale1

nietoale1 Karting

Dec 28, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex Nieto
    I am looking at the times from day 2 of testing in the UK and Bianchi finished at the top with a 1:35.262!!!! That's even faster than Nico's time during qualifying 1:35.766!!!!

I read that they used the same settings as FA and KR from Sunday!

We need a driver that is hungry and can drive the hell out of the F14T without any excuse!

Alex

2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Hè allready is on Ferrari's payrol

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    And exactly the reason he should have been hired by the Scuderia last year.

BHW

4. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    That was set on a damp track!!! Not a representative time of what the Benz is capable of!!!!! But I like your enthusiasm!!! Hell yeah!!

5. nietoale1

nietoale1 Karting

Dec 28, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex Nieto
    I don't think is too late...how a different driver can extract more performance to the same car/setting/track! Like Alonso, he kills himself to squeeze the last drop of performance...

Mattiacci is probably scratching his head now...

Time for a driver swap, send Kimi to Marussia and bring Blanchi to the Scuderia...at the end Kimi will find new excuses why the car is not performing to his driving style...

6. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    As much as I'm rooting for Marussia and Bianchi, today's times have to be taken with a grain of salt. Times were dropping at the end of the session, which was cut short by 15 minutes when Van De Garde (or someone else) went off track.

Regardless, fastest on the day has to be worth something!

7. nietoale1

nietoale1 Karting

Dec 28, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex Nieto
    Even the time is faster that Hamilton fastest lap...

8. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    #8 tervuren, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    I've been saying for two years now that Ferrari needs to put in a driver that isn't a WC.

Mclaren - Hamilton, no F1 Experience, Hamilton becomes WDC.

Red Bull - Vettel, drove for a minnow, gets a capable team becomes WDC.

Renault, Alonso minnow experience, gets put in a capable team becomes WDC.

Ferrari, Kimi, F1 experience, no WDC, hired by Ferrari, becomes WDC.

Until you go back to Schumacher, the last WDC's all were hired by their teams when the driver had no WDC.

Now Ferrari has TWO WDC's in its lineup...not going well.

As for changing driver lineup at this point in the season, that would be a ugh thing to do.

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    True, the Scuderia used to bring in talented drivers from other teams or lower series, rather than hiring previous WDC.

Just look at Surtees, Ickx, Lauda, Villeneuve, Scheckter ...

That changed when they recruited double WDC champion Schumacher and they have tried to repeat that with Alonso; it didn't work.

10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Testing is testing. I'm not saying he has no talent. Should Ferrari recruit him? Yes. Only after Kimi's contract expires. Jules coming onboard won't change the fact that the FIAT is a POS.

11. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Weather conditions and car set ups for testing are huge variables.

I think there are better options out there tbh than bianchi

12. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    Truer words have not been written. A pragmatist amongst us!

13. iachella

iachella Rookie

Jun 18, 2010
    Concord, CA
    Full Name:
    Stefano Iachella
    Have the doctor say Kimi's foot has a small fracture. Must sit out one race. Bianchi steps in for one race to show what he has. It happened when Shuemacher stubbed his toe and Salo stepped in and essentially won the race. He had to move over for Irvine, but Irvine knew his value and gave him the trophy at the press conference (didn't he get in trouble for that?).

Stefano.

14. poyta

poyta Karting

Mar 7, 2004
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    Lets not get too excited here or look at any actual facts- Hamilton did a 1:34.508 in practice 2 - thats 0.75 seconds faster that Bianci's. Bianci's time doesn't even beat Alonso's 1:35.244 though it does come close.

15. nietoale1

nietoale1 Karting

Dec 28, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex Nieto
    I agree, testing is testing...but we need to recognize that the guy has some talent...how someone just jump into a new car and put a time as good as the ones at the top...

My point is...we need someone that is hungry for the seat and is willing to drive the heck out of it, without complaining...just pure racing...

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No one is denying Bianchi's talent I'm sure; but you can't simply sack a driver because another did a decent test session. If they where to replace Kimi today Ferrari would easily be 30M out of pocket, for a driver that might not be any closer to Alonso right now than Kimi is.

I'm confident that Bianchi will sign a (3 year) contract for 2016 onwards. Depending what Alonso does, I can see Bianchi sitting next to either Vettel or Bottas in 2016.

17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    For having such little seat time in the car it is an impressive time, though.

18. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Wasn't it at Monaco that he showed his stuff in that barge called a Marussia?

19. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I have to +1 this.

Even in dry conditions, humidy, track temp, and air temp make a 2-3second difference based solely on conditions. Its really only fair to compare to others on track at the same time.

Ferrari's #1 issue atm, is engine. Their car simply cannot hold in fuel consumption with the Mercedes engined cars. Alonso needed to have of been replaced two years ago, its too late now this far into the season. They need an older team player/veteren in one seat, and a hot shot rookie in the other. Neither of these are Kimi or Alonso.

It would be fun to see the cry fest that would result if you had Vettel and Alonso both at Ferrari.

20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    LOL thanks for the laughs. Yeah let's kick out the best ever. Worked well with Prost!

21. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Not to mention Michael.

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Great point...

23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Come on, I thought we all have been following F1 long enough to know that lap times in testing are (almost) meaningless.

24. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    +1000

25. nietoale1

nietoale1 Karting

Dec 28, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name: