Stradale | FerrariChat

Stradale

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by RAY430RED, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Is the Stradale fetching a premium? I have seen one or two 200 milers for sale and a couple with 600ish Long term value what do you guys think? The dealers dont seem to be quoting silly waiting times as they did for the Modena Is it time to place an order or sit on your hands ??

Ray 360m

2. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Don't know, probably not. The way I see it, at MRSP you're already paying a premium over a regular 360. Depends which dealer you ask: some say the run is sold out, others manage to find you a slot, although these latter may be cancelled orders. It's well worth asking around different dealerships for a slot. High premiums need no slots at all, and some mass appeal to fuel them. The first is not so, and I don't think the CS is a mass appeal car. At least not yet.

I expect residuals to be better than the 360 though. I can see 360 owners rolling out of their cars for a CS when you start seeing more around. I can't help thinking 360s look, sound and feel a bit tame when compared with a CS.

The whole premium thing is time-limited anyway. Look at the Gallardo; those who have looked tell me that if there is a premium now, it is very small indeed. I'm not talking forecourt prices, but the price to drive the car away right now.

Kevin

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Ray,

I rang around a few Dealerships and was only offered to place a D and wait and see....There are a few 300-600 milers and they vary from 140 -160 the most ive seen with delivery miles on...yeah ight thats a big Sticker over list.

Im with Kevin as more cars are seen in the market place, when i saw pics of the car i thought yeah nice...to see it in the metal and hear it...well that was enough to make up my mind....Thanks Wazza!!!

Joe

4. paul360m

paul360m Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Nr Heathrow
    Full Name:
    Paul
    There are certainly a few low mileage CS's around at the moment selling for list - Maranello's have one (or did last week).

When i ordered mine back in September, i had to ring around a few dealers to get a firm order - some would only accept the order with the proviso that they may be unable to supply.

However, it does appear that supply has got better & it seems that a few people who put their name down are now withdrawing their orders.

I really hope that CS's do hold their value having just done my bollocks getting out of my 360M!

Cheers

5. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Paul,

I spoke to Maranellos, they didnt mention it, When do you get yours?? mine should be September 04...

Kevin a Fchatter on here picked his up today from Owens London, I saw it last week stripe and all. Very Nice!!!

Joe

6. paul360m

paul360m Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Nr Heathrow
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Joe

Yes, i saw that thread - was thinking of him earlier picking it up on such a gorgeous sunny day - lucky b****d!!

Was in Maranello's on Friday & they had a brand new stradale ready for collection today - sans stripe but in scuderia & looking very nice!

Mine is April 04 build so hopefully should get it late April, early May - can't wait!

Cheers

paul

7. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Paul

When did you Spec your car for the April build??

8. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    If it helps mine is an April build too. Did the spec early January.

9. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Posted the stuff below on Pistonheads, and my creative juices are now spent, as am I! The upshot is that I can see many 360 Modena owners going across into a Stradale if they can. There's just no way I could go back to a Modena now. The CS is just sensational.

Well, I picked it up today, and a couple of hundred miles later I can say it was well worth the wait. What an amazing car. While it's still fresh, I wanted to put down my impressions, as much for myself as for others.

I love the way it looks. The bodywork tweaks may be subtle but they're on parts that catch your eye. Those wheels are just lovely, and the brakes & calipers are massive; apparently the biggest on any road car (same as Enzo). I can believe this.

The intention was to spec. the interior like an F40, and this was pretty successful. Even the floor flexes when you press on it! The sports seats adjust forward & back, and the backrest tilts; in conjunction with a steering wheel that adjusts both ways, you can soon make yourself at home. Those seats are really comfortable, and a LOT easier to live with than the standard seats.

You've got to love the start routine: turn the key, disable the immobiliser, press the brake and hit the starter button. Someone after my own heart has programmed in a nice fat rev spike on startup, and the idle is more gravelly than a 360 Modena. It's not as pleasant, but quite distinctive.

On the move, your first impressions are that this F1 box is good. Really, very good. Nice creamy upshifts and the downshifts are just marvellous with that throttle blip that pops and bangs if you're pressing on. I'd been driving for 10 mins. before I remembered the ride was supposed to be hard. Well it's firm but not harsh by any means. You can do long distances no problem. If you want some fun though, hit 'race' for fast, banging shifts. This is my favourite setting already.

This engine just loves to rev- it seems a lot freer revving than the Modena unit; I'm supposed to keep it to <5000rpm for the first 600 miles, but honestly, blink at the wrong moment and you've got another 2000rpm. Officer. Press on a bit and those exhaust valves do their thang and HELLO! Christ does the volume go up. Driving along roads with high buildings was just epic, and a HUGE amount of fun. It really is quite loud; louder than my Tubi'd 360 for sure. I might have scared a few people because it comes out of nowhere.

Cornering is just perfectly flat, and you really get to appreciate this as you flick between the gears with the F1 box. It without doubt corners better than a 360 Modena. I know people often say certain cars handle like go-karts, but this one really does. It really inspires confidence too, and somehow you just know that a particular cornering speed is within the cars' capabilities. Even when you're not familiar with it, you get so much feedback from the car you can predict what it's going to do. The ASR is also much more forgiving, and you really have to take the piss before it cuts in.

One place where Ferrari have scored big time is the handling in extremis. It's FAR, FAR better than a standard 360. That twitchy character has gone. While I was out this evening the temperatures dropped and on the way back I caught a couple of patches of ice. This would have had a 360 fishtailing, but was quickly and easily collected up in the Stradale. My pulse rate didn't change. This is amazing. It just inspires confidence.

Second major score is the brakes. They're just incredible. Stand on these anchors and you're going to be peeling your face off the windscreen. The hard thing is to modulate them, especially as the best way of driving this car is to left foot brake. It's harder than usual because the brakes are so sensitive.

So after the first day with it, I think it's just amazing and a huge amount of fun.

Kevin

http://community.webshots.com/album/122328675RWQVYp

10. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Glad to hear you're having great fun with the CS. It's a fantastic car. However don't be fooled, that rear end will slide out particularly when wet so take great care(I know it has caught me out a couple of times in these situations driving the P1 stradale)
    Otherwise enjoy!
    Alex

11. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Agree! I'm not about to go sideways everywhere. Just amazed at how quickly and neatly it came back.

12. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Congrats Kevin !!!

Thanks for the account of your first drive, sounds fantastic.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it loads and so will we when you bring it out to play.

Cheers
    Philip

By the way I saw a Stradale for sale on Bloomberg for £165k for delivery in May .. anyone from this board advertizing it ?

13. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Wooooooooo nice post.
    These things are obviously worth the wait & dosh :D
    Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy

Phil

14. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Kev ,
    Great write-up. After seeing / hearing Wazza's at close quarters on Sunday, i know where you're coming from.The CS elavates Ferrari onto another level of performance the current cars simply can't touch.
    I'm very , very envious.
    Regards
    Tony
    The CS stripe looks stunning too.

15. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Hmmm - what can I say to Kevin's write up but ----- I WANT MINE NOW