The Auto Gallery - Ca. dealer reputation | FerrariChat

The Auto Gallery - Ca. dealer reputation

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by st.tully, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    Greetings All -

The Auto Gallery is a franchise Porsche Ferrari dealer in LA. It is also the current high bidder on my Porsche C4S. I am thinking of offering to trade my Porsche for any interesting Ferrari.

Have you guys had good dealings with these folks? Are they recptive to talking with a Ferrari novice like myself (Just bought my first last week, a 328GTS)?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

George

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459370816&category=10156

2. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    I give my vote of confidence for them.

Gary is the service manager and a very nice guy.

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i thought i heard they changed hands not too long ago?

just be careful of reputations of dealerships between owners. i got whacked by that (old owners = great; new owners = less so).

i could be dead wrong on auto gallery - just bringin' it up in case.

doody.

4. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    I just got Prsche Gt2 from them and it worked out pretty well. David was a good guy overall to deal with, knowledgable.

5. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    I was one of the F-car salesmen when the store belonged to the Ogners - it was called "Ogner Motorcars" back then. I left in Sep 01, and I believe they sold to the new owners two or three months later.

I've not spoken to anyone I used to work with, nor have I stopped in at the dealer since I left. But, I can tell you a few things:

1. The Ogners were a bunch of real bastards. They were, plainly put, CRIMINALS. Ferrari was sick of dealing with them (after 30 years of them having the franchise) and pretty much told them to sell the store or lose the franchise.

2. The new owners were well aware of the reputation that the Ogners had. In short, they had pissed off just about all of their customers on the sales end. The new owner figured they'd have an uphill battle in regards to rebuilding a customer base.

3. Based on these two facts, I can only assume that they are playing the game as fairly and as competently as possible. I'm guessing that they are a pretty good store to do business with.

6. stuart

stuart Karting

Aug 13, 2003
    Hidden Hills.CA
    Full Name:
    Stuart Siegel
    I have had major service dealings with them since they became the Auto Gallery for on a '87TR and now on my '92 512TR. I have been very happy with the quality of service. How they treat you on a trade if that is what your questions is will depend on how easily they feel they can sell your car vs how easliy they can sell the ferrari that you want to trade for. At that point it is just the best deal you can make.

7. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I had 2 deposits down one on 360 cs the other on spider.
    I've never taken delivery of anything from them. I just cancelled the 360 cs order and they are returning my deposit only info I have on them.

8. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I bought my 355 Spider from them and had a good experience. As part of my purchase agreement, I had them flat-bed it to an independant mechanic in Santa Monica. After, the car was flat-bed back to them, they took care of some of the recommendations, and I have been very happy.
    Gary, is nice and the mechanic, Erik, has an excellent reputation.
    Also, a friend of mine bought a 2002 Turbo with a used-warranty and has been very satisfied with follow-up.
    The new owners are nice and they aim to please.
    STEVE

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    As Nibblesworth said the old owners were a bunch of Jerks and liked to play a lot of games. From what I hear the new owners are quite a bit better. Also there service has a decent reputation.

10. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    The new owners are stand up people. Harry Gray, one of the owners is a very experienced car dealer and they are well capitalized. The Ogners(previous owners) were a bunch of thieves. I bought one car from them in 1990 and never went back there again.

You should have no problems there

11. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Does anyone know why the Auto Gallery is losing its Ferrari franchise? Will the fantastic techs like Eric still be there?

12. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Hmmm... That's surprising.

13. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010