1930 Ford Street Rod | FerrariChat

1930 Ford Street Rod

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by mauispence, Jul 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mauispence

mauispence Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Lahaina, Maui, Hawai
    Full Name:
    Jim Spence
    #1 mauispence, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1930 Model A Ford Roadster Street Rod
    This is an all original steel, 1930 Model A Ford Roadster Body.
    The body has the traditional channeling over the rails approx. 3.5”. It is painted gloss red and pin striped inside and outside by legendary stripper Jimmy C. The battery is located in the trunk with a battery disconnect installed. The trunk is key lockable with a stock style Model A lock. The gas tank is also located in the trunk and has a fuel pressure regulator in the engine area. Inside door and kick panels are new. The custom bench seat was also re-upholstered. Windshield is new safety glass. Doors and deck lid work great. Stock firewall was done with the traditional reverse that recesses it. Headlights are old chrome Guides. It has an original ’32 grill shell and insert. The grill shell has been filled.. The gauges are early Stewart Warner green lines.
    Boxed Model A frame with split wishbones front with a 4” drop axle. 40 Ford front spindles and brakes. Backing plates are polished chrome. Drop axle is also chrome. Rear end is a Dana 44 Mercury with shocks and leaf springs. Steering box and column are from a 1939 Ford.
    It has a 327 motor with camel hump heads that were recently re-built, has a mild cam, chrome oil pan, early Edlebrock 3x2 intake, progressively linked Stromberg 97 carbs, Sharp 3 pot fuel log, polished Edelbrock finned aluminum valve covers, and polished aluminum air scoops. The Sanderson headers are chrome. Radiator is a rebuilt Mustang 2 style 3 core with chrome fan, and running a high output aluminum water pump. The over flow is polished aluminum. Transmission is a turbo 350, with a locker shifter welded to a 39 Ford top loader shifter to.
    Wheels are 1940 power coated red steel 16”, with beauty rims and hub caps. Front and rear tires are traditional Firestone black walls. Fronts are 500-16 ribbed and rears are 700-16.
    Drives like a go-cart, rides like a buckboard & sounds like a AA dragster. Can't take it anywhere without drawing a crowd and it's never mistaken for a Mustang. ;)
    First $32,500 takes it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mauispence

Aug 2, 2005
    Lahaina, Maui, Hawai
    Full Name:
    Jim Spence
    Will Trade UP or Down +/- $10K for interesting Ferrari, sports car, exotic or luxury car, GUNs , Gold or Silver coins/ bars, mint proofs.

3. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
  4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You need to somehow list that in Austin Texas...HUGE Rod scene there would move it quickly I would think....

5. mauispence

Aug 2, 2005
    Lahaina, Maui, Hawai
    Full Name:
    Jim Spence
    Thanks Tex Wiil try C/list there.

6. mauispence

Aug 2, 2005
    Lahaina, Maui, Hawai
    Full Name:
    Jim Spence
    Just installed new Duel core Radiator W electric fan & High energy head lamps etc.etc its beeing buffed & clear coated today. So new price is @ $36,850.00
    All Original Steel & period correctecquiptment where possible.

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Maybe I need to send Jesse Dayton a message on FB or something....more than fair price..

8. mauispence

Aug 2, 2005
    Lahaina, Maui, Hawai
    Full Name:
    Jim Spence
    Thanks Tex I could use the help. This car is more fun and draws as much attention as any Rod you've ever seen. When I bought it it was a POS and I have spent countless hours and dollars getting it to where it is now. I'm not saying it's perfect but it is A car that I would not hesitate to drive across country in.;) and there is a method to my madness if I want to own a Ferrari before I die I need to get on with it and the sale of my hot rod would expedite things exponentially!:)