Ferrari 458 Spider, Red VS White | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 458 Spider, Red VS White

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by PeppermintFerrari, Jul 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    We are trading in a car with pearl white/beige leather interior and getting a red pearl/black leather interior/carbon fiber trim.

We just got tired of white. Never seem to get tired of red. It's a totally personal thing.

Best

2. Mo T

Mo T Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Mohammed
    The 458 looks nice in white, but I really think white does suite a sports car, maybe Rolls Royce or Mercedes but not Ferrari.

I'd go with red then Silver-stone or Argento nurburging.

3. fordgt2006

fordgt2006 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Like the red but I would go white.

4. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    458 looks very good in both color..it depends how commun is each one where you live.

But if you are trying to find attention go for a bull.

5. ZaifaDDS

ZaifaDDS Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    Bloomfield, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Huzefa
    #30 ZaifaDDS, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    One interesting benefit , is white doesn't show dirt as much. Especially the pearl white. My black Gallardo showed dust really quickly. I probably had to wash the Gallardo every 3 days in Michigan during the Summer. I'm not expecting the same issue with the white 458. I have noticed the rear diffuser shows quite a bit of dirt though. And more worried about scratching the rear diffuser than the front lip. Oh sorry, just realized this was for Spiders, I have a coupe. My apologies.

6. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    cant repeat enough how I hate white ferraris

7. ZaifaDDS

ZaifaDDS Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    Bloomfield, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Huzefa
    haha I read through some of your previous posts. Definitely entertaining :)

8. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Whatever you decide make sure you clear bra the entire hood and front fenders.

Also get Mich Pilot SS tires vs Pzeros.

9. fuddman

fuddman Karting

Jan 11, 2015
    Yes, white may project a nice image( What Your Car Color Says About You | Fox Business ); but, there are so many white cars out there already (21% of 2014 cars) that your Ferrari may become just another white car in a sea of white cars. These things considered, red appears to be the better choice.
    Then again, there's always what you like.

10. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Eat mor chikin

(The more white Ferraris out there the better... makes red and yellow ones even more special)

11. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    White does not show dirt as bad as red and black is the worst. Silver shows dirt the least.

Black looks best on the show room floor. In a block it is dirty. Black and dark colors are also hot. Do not park in the sun or under a tree (sap).

The owner of South Beach Classics avoids green and blue...they do not sell well. He has twenty years in the business and 300 cars in inventory.

Yellow is the safest color from an accident point of view. Easy to see day and night. Too "Hey, look at me " for my taste.

Red is actually an unsafe color. Seems like people want to pass em and race em. A red car owner would be wise to ignore them and just be prudent. Red makes me feel alive. Not one of the crowd (except when I attend a Ferrari event, then I am just one of the crowd.) Lol

12. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    A few Ferrari owners I've talked to are just sick of red. Aside from that the 458 spider in white just looks hot anyway!!

13. Alizzi

Alizzi Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Bisnco is amazing, so is Rosso
    Scuderia ! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    I have always loved white cars because of how it shows the lines and hides the dirt. I don't think I could ever own a red car , just not for me. I ordered a new 458 Italia in white white with red interior and I love it But so does the general public. I can't tell you how many times someone has told me my color spec is the perfect combination!

Like others said get what you like. I think a 458 spider with a red interior is hot!!

15. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    i had a red 355 and a bianco fuji 458 Spider - never got nearly as much attention with the red....458 in white is stunning...it highlights the lines of the car....saw a coupe with a black roof that looked great, too

16. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    "Resale Red"

17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011

+458. Love titanio looks futuristic and I only have to wash once a month even though daily driven.

John Maxwell likes this.
  18. Soundcheck

Soundcheck Karting

Oct 10, 2015
    River City
    White reflects all the colors of the visible light spectrum to the eyes and reflects perfectly on a Ferrari 458.

19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  20. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I think the white ends up drawing more attention for the sheer surprise of the color. The vast majority of Ferraris is red. Some have never seen a Ferrari, but when they do, it'll most likely be red. Some people don't even know Ferraris come in white. Guy at my insurance company asked if I had repainted the car white. He didn't know Ferraris could be white off the factory. For the layman, white is more rare and striking.

For the people on the street seeing you go by, I'd say white draws more attention (bearing in mind that ALL Ferraris draw A LOT of attention already, regardless of color).

For the OP and prospective buyer: It's completely personal, a matter of pure personal choice and taste. Buy what you like and want. Impact a given color may have on an audience is totally irrelevant, imho.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

phanliu likes this.
  21. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    White with white stiching on the interior and the logo on the head rest is just perfect, but then I just might be ab it biased ;)
    The only thing I'm missing is white calipers as mine are yellow right now

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

I’m an anything but red guy.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  23. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    My first Ferrari just had to be red. I admit when I was new to Ferrari, I was left a bit puzzled as to why anyone would buy a non-red Ferrari.

I'm on my fourth and I agree wholeheartedly: anything but red. As a general rule, my favorite colors are white, yellow, blue, green and grey.

Non-red Ferraris are an acquired taste.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

24. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

Attached Files: