Hamilton to Ferrari? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Hamilton to Ferrari?

Discussion in 'F1' started by HMS, Jul 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think what he's getting at is that some who don't want Hamilton at Ferrari is because he's black. At least, that's the only thing I can assume what ''b-man'' is.

I do hope I'm wrong and he didn't mean that.

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 :confused:

He can't possibly mean black can he?

Until you wrote the above that possibility hadn't even occurred to me - I was with the Viz trying to figure out what exactly his "4/10ths" & "b-man" actually meant! (B-grade was my best guess, but that didn't make much sense either!)

Cheers,
    Ian

3. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    An eleven year member. With six hundred posts?
    Perhaps he was just released from a place with no Internet privileges.
    ;)

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hamilton angling for new EUR 90m contract | News | Motorsport.com

Apparently Bild is a pretty creditable source.

90m for 3 years compared to 55m for 3 years for Rosberg? I think that Ham isn't very happy with the team orders yesterday and the way his car breaks down occasionally.

He really should be a ****load faster than Rosberg to make this figure worth it, imo. And by ****load I mean .5 a lap, quali or race.

5. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Seems fair. He is currently on double rosbergs salary anyway. Leads him 4-1 in races that they qualified similarly and both finished.

Alonso has been on about the same previously for ferrari. Both are about as good as eachother. Having a WDC also counts for something when negotiating pay.

If he were to to to red bull would be an interesting fight with ricciardo which i would love to see.

But if he stays till 2018 then he should have 5 WDCs which will be nice

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He's currently on 20m year. So he wants a 50% increase. He's got a title so getting a bit more than Rosberg is obviously expected.

Alonso and raikkonen are both on 20m.

5 titles, you're expecting he'll win this one and the next 3...ambitious but I like the way you set yourself up for disappointment. I don't think Merc will stay as dominant for that long. They'll definitely be there but Red Bull is getting closer, Mclaren and Ferrari should also promise better. Williams unlikely a title contender but will fight for the odd podium.

7. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    What was rosberg on like 10-12? His new contract as good as doubles it.

I was meaning how alonso previously was on 30m with ferrari but was dropped to 20.

Kimi is on 20? Are you sure :eek:

Forever the optimist. Next year will be more illuminating with regard to how far the other teams are gonna progress

8. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    huh? what you smoking?

9. wmcot

wmcot Rookie

Jan 26, 2008
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Totally agree! Even with the two best drivers (fill in your own choices here) they can only do so much to drag the car home.

10. TF110

TF110 Karting

Jun 26, 2010
    Its amazing that people still dont rate Hamilton. That pass on JEV at turn 4 was the move of the year. Rosberg couldnt pass JEV in something like 15 laps, Lewis did it in 1 or 2. Youre not going to have the best car forever. You need a guy who can actually make passes. Imo Rosberg is just fortunate he only has one dnf.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No one is saying Hamilton isn't good. In fact, just about everyone here agrees he's one of the best!

Jev's tires where totally shot when Hamilton went passed. Rosberg already went in for new tires.

12. jochem00

jochem00 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2014
    Netherlands
    Well Hamilton drove a Ferrari around Monaco yesterday so it could well be the case for F1 too.

13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don't understand that answer, schumi won in 2000

14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No way do I want to see hambone at Ferrari, anyone but that arrogant, emotional wreck, he would destroy any chance of the team improving

Get bianchi in and have him learn at the feet of Alonso! Get the car and the team right, them it will be great again

15. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    THIS x 1,000,000

16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hahaha tell us how you really feel Sid, don't hold back...;)

17. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Come on Jim....you want Ham in red more than I do what you talking about ...:)

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hey, we all have our opinions, I know you want to have his babies mate!

Can you imagine how upset he'd be with Alonso getting favouritism, the radio waves would be full of accusations, he'd be tearful in every interview, and the team would feel they owe him something and let him keep Alonso behind him for no good reason........oh, didn't that just happen at Mercedes?

Today I can laugh about it all. If in the future he signs, jeez, I would be devastated, you'd be cock-a-hoop I suppose

19. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Except he said his team mate could pass if he got close enough. Rosberg couldn't do it. Ultimately he ruined his own race by being so self entitled as to think his team mate would gift him the place and lose 1-2 seconds of time.

20. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    But rosberg had 15 laps to try and pass him? That excuse doesn't hold. His tires certainly were fresh at the beginning and he wasn't even all over his gear box either, he was around 2 secs behind and couldn't really close the gap. *****footing around in the rain.

Iirc hamilton was on old tyres when he passed vergne as well? Rosberg moved out the way to pit which gave hamilton some time to get the job done on vergne

21. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    "Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman".

22. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    +100000

23. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Arrogant? Emotional? No one beats alonso in that category if you ask me. How about also a rat?

24. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Alonzo certainly helped the team improve … HA !!!

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Except for the time that when Rosberg actually was on Hamiltons gearbox for a couple of laps.

He didn't ruin his own race if you recall (if you've left the blinders off); his race was ruined when he was so far ahead of anyone (12 seconds by lap 9 IIRC) and then the SC came out when he passed the pitlane already.

As the race progressed, as I've said multiple times, Ham was right to refuse to let Ros pass. But don't for a second believe that even if Rosberg was side by side, Ham would let him pass.

Do you know how hard it is to pass at the Hungaroring? Vergne's tires where ruined at the time Ham came upon him. That bit helps.