Sebring racing tips? | FerrariChat

Sebring racing tips?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Beefcakes, Jul 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beefcakes

Beefcakes Rookie

Nov 14, 2013
    Any suggestions to prepare for race day?

What is the best way to learn track?

2. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I have raced for more than 30 years and some like to "walk" the track to appreciate road surface and camber angles, as well as "markers" they can look for, and to get the "feel" of the track. This has never worked for me. I need to "drive" around a track.

If you plan on driving, do not care about anyone behind or in front of you, except to be courteous, letting them by. Begin slowly and remember there are basically two types of turns , those that are "increasing" radius that can be taken a bit earlier to properly cross the apex and those that are "decreasing" radius that are taken later. Not rocket science. However, the terminal velocity at the end of a straight (front and back at Sebring) will be proportionate to getting the prior corner correctly. Never drive fast when "learning". Approach each corner as a separate project, and when wanting to learn a particular corner, begin braking early and then a bit later and a bit later and so on, to find out the maximum point and best set up for turn. Do not be in a hurry, trying to impress others or go beyond your limit can cost allot while going slowly allows you the "time" to answser your question. Sebring has a rough surface ( although they may have recently paved it, not sure) and getting on the front straight properly takes a little getting used too. Best

3. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    You should Google Sebring track videos. There are a number of good ones that will take you around the track with advice.

4. Joeyung

Joeyung Karting

Mar 9, 2011
    Kentucky