365 GT 2+2 sn 13695 | FerrariChat

365 GT 2+2 sn 13695

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Vintage12, Aug 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Hi

Do any of you have knowledge or history of this 365 GT 2+2 sn 13695? It was reported to me as a 1967 but that doesn't sound correct, probably 1970 I suspect.

Thanks much.

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    1970 is correct.

Marcel Massini

3. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Thank you Marcel, that makes more sense.

The current livery on this one is metallic bronze with cream interior. The interior looks to be original and displays the patina you would expect for this age. The exterior paintwork looks to be in great shape but not sure if this is the original color and imagine it may have been resprayed in the last few years but to a good standard.

A few years ago I missed out on the Daytona market because I blinked, then I blinked again on the C4, now I have my eyelids held open by matchsticks - this seems to be the most cost effective way in to a vintage 12.

All other information helpful.

Thanks all.

davemqv likes this.
  4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Original exterior color: Marrone Colorado 2.443.221.
    Original interior color: Beige VM 3234.
    Chassis type 591.
    Engine type 245.
    Assembly sequence #732.
    Pininfarina Body #732/A.
    Canadian Version.
    Instruments in miles.
    Car has spent decades in Minnesota.

Marcel Massini

5. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Did you own 13695 ? I found her for sale in California yesterday and am considering purchasing her . She has no maintenance records Please contact me SRSLUSSO on FChat or [email protected]
    Steve

6. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
  7. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm a huge QM fan and have almost done it a few times, but due to the fact that for me a $250k car is a huge deal, I've been watching them in the hope that they'll drop, and they have been. Ask now averages about 220k... 260k for a nicely sorted one.
    There are 11 just on Hemmings alone right now, and another one or two on eBay...all sitting...and that's just the publicly listed cars. That seems like a buyers market, so I'm going to continue to watch and wait...and risk the blink effect! But i think they'll drop down to about 150k befoe they start creeping back up again. They're too different from other Ferrari's. you have to love them for what they are. A guy who wants a true sports car like a Daytona or a Boxer or even possibly a C/4 isn't going to be satisfied with a QM, in my opinion.

If you are more into the C/4, I'd look at a few and make offers. While the ask is a bit higher, there are a lot fo those that have been sitting on Hemmings for the better part of a year. As Don V pointed out ot me a while back, I think there's a big gap between ask and sale price right now, in the buyers favour. Daytona's have dropped as well but not enough to put them within my reach...probably never will be again unfortunately.

Anyway, I think you certainly have time to kick a few tires, so to speak.

8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think a C/4 won't have much of a premium over a 365GT... maybe 10%. I have to agree-- it's a buyer's market in all of these cars, from the Daytona and 330GTC on down.

The driving experience in a C/4 will be pretty different from a 365GT. I haven't driven a C/4, but I have looked at them a lot and sat in several, and it just has a different feel. The Daytona, on the other hand, I have driven and it does sound and feel remarkably similar to the 365GT (with the exception of heavy steering at low speeds).

All of these are high speed GT cars, not sports cars, and it's important to keep that in mind.

davemqv likes this.
  9. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You're right about the distinction, of course. I should have said "sporty looking cars".

10. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    As the former owner of both 11727 & 11835 these are true GTcars with a good ride,large trunk A/c and power steering and windows. They are comfortable cars to drive all day on a long trip as opposed to certain Ferrari’s that as very very hot inside on a warm day . They are not very tight hairpin turn canyon carvers , but in 2nd or 3rd gear the 4.4 ltr V12 has a lot of torque and is surprisingly fast to pass a lot of more modern sports cars. They have a lot of power in comparison to the 250 engine cars.
    They due to inadequate cooling in hot weather in stop and go traffic inadequate electric problems need a little modification to make perfect for today but when right, get a lot of admiration anyplace you drive or park !

Bowzer likes this.