New Hope Auto Show | FerrariChat

New Hope Auto Show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ferraristyle1, Jul 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraristyle1

ferraristyle1 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Thinking of taking my car to the New Hope Auto Show in a couple of weeks. Has anyone been there? How do they judge the cars. I heard that it was AACA rules, which is mostly an origniality contest vs a cosmetic contest.

Anyway, any input on how they judge would be greatly appreciated. The class looks huge, Foreign Exotic: Aston Martin/Lamborghini/Ferrari/Maserati/DeTomaso/Pantera/FordGT/GT40, all years....which makes me wonder if it's even worth the time to prep the car.

We will see....I'm still on the fence and depends if the car is back from the shop.

2. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Sorry I know nothing but cool thing I have related is dash plaques from New Hope from 1959 and 1960 mounted w/ my late father's rally dash plaques. Have some black and white photos from those shows. Hope to make it up myself sometime.

3. stavri

stavri Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    Bucks County, PA
    I live about a mile away so I go every year and take 2 or 3 cars. Usually a nice turn out of all cars. I always know more than the judges so I really don't go for that reason. Just go to meet people, enjoy the cars and hopefully it's not too hot.
    Steve

4. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    Whats the date?

5. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Bringing the Scuderia. Spending the weekend at a B and B near by. Gonna be a blast! Jon in Delaware

6. stavri

stavri Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    Bucks County, PA
    August 9th & 10th. Sunday the 10th is the Ferrari / exotics day.

7. ferraristyle1

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, I'm going to try to make it. Supposedly my CF parts will be in next week, the challenge exhaust will be here, and hopefully the slow down light issue will be resolved. I get back from overseas on Friday, so not a lot of time to prep the car, but it will be good to hang out with some Fchatters.

I did see that if you plan on showing the car you must have a fire extinguisher in the car (doesn't have to be mounted). So I just ordered the H3R 2.5 pound one that I will probably mount on the rear shelf.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

8. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Really thats a Bizzare requirement. Mine happens to have one but its a first Ive heard.

9. TSchell

TSchell Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    Lancaster, Pa
    Full Name:
    Tom Schell
    I believe New Hope is using "AACA" judging, hence a fire extinguisher.

10. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I'm thinking about driving my Bora up there. Looks like,a,nice,show,

11. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    For those who have previously attended this show; what type of turnout can be expected for exotics/sports cars(i.e. Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, etc.)?

New Hope is pretty far from my home but I'd like to make the trip if it's a great show.

12. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    I just signed up, see you there

13. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I'm signed up also

14. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I think you win for distance traveled!

15. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    John,

Funny you say that, they actually have an award at Reading Concours for "longest driven" which I took home in 2013. Mapquest says New Hope is 99 miles from my doorstep, so not so bad this time.

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

There's always a nice turnout of cars.

I have found the judges lacking in their knowledge of Ferraris, but maybe I just had a bad run when I went.

Lots of Panteras the last time I went, maybe a dozen Ferraris. tons of American cars, but fun.

Bring your sunscreen, there's no shade to be found. :D

D

17. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  18. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    great video, thanks for sharing. I was up in the mid afternoon yesterday. I would have to say this was one of the better turn outs over the last 4 years or so. I believe there was 75 Porsches registered.

David

19. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I like the silver Merek. Should have taken a closer look.

20. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Probably the most Porsche's I've ever seen there myself. The 959 wasn't there this year. I've always wondered if it was a real one.

21. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Nice video...thanks for sharing.

I decided not to make the long drive to this show but after seeing your video, I wish I had gone!!!

22. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    Nice video, thanks. A lot more semi-modern cars there than I expected. I thought this show mainly featured much older cars. Hope to go next year.

23. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    If it was a silver one last year, Yes it is. If it is the one that belongs to Don. he also a a nice vintage ferrari among other cars.

david

24. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Likewise, also thought this was for mostly older cars and kinda glad I did not tow there for mostly cars I see everyday.

25. ferraristyle1

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Good show with a good Ferrari turn out. Ended up taking honorable mention in my class which was 99 to 2014 Ferrari. Not bad with under 24 hours and a 2 hour drive to prep the car. First and second went to a 458 and 599 that had under 500 miles on them...hard to compete with my 15k car....third went to another 360....which I think I should have beaten. My car was judged last and they were tired from judging so I don't think I got my due diligence from them. Car had sticky buttons all over and no original seats that I saw plus dirty engine bay. They didn't even look at my engine bay at all....

In any event it was a good time. Will try to go again next year.