Inde Motorsports Night Time Track Event 8/23/14 | FerrariChat

Inde Motorsports Night Time Track Event 8/23/14

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by JefeAZ, Jul 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #1 JefeAZ, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    First night event got rained out so this is technically the "first" night time racing event at Inde Motorsports Ranch in Wilcox, AZ.

5-10pm Saturday, August 23rd

Smaller 8 car groups since there are no lights on the track

$200 per car

Last day time event: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/southwest-162/905200-inde-motorsports-track-day-feb-16th.html

Facebook link to the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/802208536480310/

Questions - Hunter: 520-5four8-5O57
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Heard about this! Should be a great time.

3. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Need more cars or this will be cancelled

4. m5trol

m5trol Rookie

Nov 6, 2011
    I don't see any details or a way to pay. Is there a motorsport link somewhere I am missing?

5. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Facebook link is the official one. Give Hunter a call to get on the list. As far as I know this is a go

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Is there a magic trick to sparing windshields there...like a film coating? We always loose windshields there and this year I was the victim.

7. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I hadn't heard that before, from rocks being tossed up? With only 8 cars per group, there should be some huge gaps between vehicles

8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I only race Inde once a year with SCCA. I thought maybe you locals had some tips because the rocks there are brutal. There is a lot of 2 wheel off and the occasional 4 wheel off bringing rocks onto the track from sticky race tires. Inde is a cool track with nice facilities and the old warbirds. You guys ever notice the barb wire fence on the back straight is head level to anyone in a spec racer or open wheel car? You don't even notice it in a street sized car. I'm thinking decapitation.

9. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #9 JefeAZ, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I asked around and no one in our events has cracked a w/s yet. I've been to probably 6 private track events and they put radios in a couple cars in each group and they get people out with brooms immediately when someone dusts the track.

There are several options for w/s protection:

Invisible Windshield Protection Films and Screen Protectors - ClearPlex
    Exterior Windshield Protection » EcoTint
    Amazon.com: Windshield Chips and Cracks a thing of the past? Bulletproof Windshield Protectant: Automotive

Ya I have noticed the barb wire fence on the straightaway. The sharp turn just before the straight has a 195 yard long concrete/tire barrier. Hasnt been an issue yet but I wonder if they are trying to move that back. I believe that's their property line.

I think they added another plane, an F-111 Aardvark, as well as another garage.

Sounds like there are at least 12 guys signed up, so this is a go!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    "So there will be an Inde Driving School on the day of the event. We will be getting on the track around 5pm. BBQ around 2-3 sounds like a perfect way to start the event. We will also be announcing the next day event at this event and people in attendance have first shot at spots.

Time: Mandatory Drivers meeting is at 4pm. We will be on track from 5 till 10pm.
    Other Info: Some us will be getting there early to BBQ around 2-3. Feel free to come hang out early if you want. Bring your own food to BBQ.
    Car Info: Its going to be dark so make sure you have good working headlights. Also no leaks safe steering and brakes.
    Run Groups: Small Event this time around so we will have maximum track time. We will have 2 run groups and 15 min sessions.
    Any questions Feel free call Hunter."