St Thomas, St Marten | FerrariChat

St Thomas, St Marten

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by schwoo, Jul 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Headed to the islands. Any must see sights? Restaurant recommendations? Thanks.

2. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Who are you going with? How old are you?

Take a shuttle tour to the Mountain Top in St. Thomas. Take in the view and enjoy their famous banana daiquiris.

Have dinner at The Cellar in Red Hook. And then some drinks at Duffy's Love Shack. Shark bowls are delicious there.

If you are with women, go to downtown St. Thomas on a day when the cruise ships are in and you can bargain for all sorts of stuff - my wife bought a few knock off purses that she still uses and loves.

Absolutely do not miss a chance to take a ferry to St. John. It departs from Red Hook. Take a shuttle van to one of the beaches, Trunk Bay is the most popular and is consistently ranked among the best beaches in the world and it lives up to it. Breathtaking natural beauty, relaxing, and secluded (most days). If you can swing it, try to spend a night over on that island.

We also kayaked and snorkeled all over St. Thomas and St. John.

I'm really jealous. My wife and I honeymooned in Maui and were really let down in comparison to the Caribbean. Something about the Caribbean just feels more tropical and exotic to us. Maui felt too much like an extension of the U.S.. St. John felt like our own island most of the time.

3. big ease

big ease Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    Do not sit at the end of the runway in st Martin in a open jeep when then big jets take off!!

4. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Thanks for the advice-

5. HobbsTC

HobbsTC Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2004
    Lakeland, FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    This! St John is my sanctuary, make sure to go for at least a half of a day.

6. Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy Karting

Jan 11, 2009
    Seal Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Joe

Third for all of that!

My wife and I honeymooned in St Thomas in 1999 and can't wait to go back. My kids are almost old enough to ocean swim and snorkel like adults, so maybe one or 2 more years.

I still have my "shark bowl" from the love shack and every day when I come home I place my change in the container, and my son still plays with the rubber shark in the bathtub.

We stayed at the ritz Carlton and in the first 4 days we saw just about everything we wanted to see, visited the outdoor zoo, played golf, had lunch in town, etc, but for the next 8 days, we just chilled.

Have fun!

7. Attitude928

Attitude928 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Stay away from mosquitos in St Maarten: Dengue & Chikungunya. Best food in Gran Cas: Le Tastevin & Auberge Gourmande .