Monza 2014 | FerrariChat

Monza 2014

Discussion in 'F1' started by 365GTC, Aug 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 365GTC

365GTC Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    Lexington, Virginia
    Last attended in 2001 at main grandstand/pits. From the aspect of braking, passing, or most action-filled areas, where is the best location or corner to view the race? (began F-1 life as a Bog person, so not particular about comfort, but very discriminating about viewing area) Also, any ideas about preferences for ticket purchase site?

Thank you so much!

2. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The first chicane is a great spot for action, coming at you full speed down the straight, with passing and heavy braking. The nice thing about Monza is that during practice and qualifying you can walk around and watch from wherever you like. Hope they still allow that...

When the race ends they cut the fence at the first chicane so people don't tear it down getting onto the track. Fantastic to run/walk up the straight to the podium.

3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
  4. 365GTC

365GTC Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    Lexington, Virginia
    Thank you for your help! Look forward to Monza once again and the Tifosi.
    Still have vivid memories at the Glen of the Fittipaldi fan tour bus flipped over and burned in the Bog. Disgusting, irreverent behavior....and not a good impression for Emmo's contingent who came all the way from Brazil to cheer him on to the World Championship. Do miss the Glen though. And the Bog!

5. 365GTC

365GTC Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    Lexington, Virginia
    Bought 6(C) tix from Monza site and saved 10% over F1. Will report upon return. Thank you!!!

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I m a start/finish pit action viewer. When Schumacher won for Ferrari the first time in like 12-13 years, fans brought out that large Cavallino "flag" on the front straight which confirmed I bought the correct seats.

7. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    I'll be in 6b!! First trip to Monza for me. Super excited!

8. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    will not go to Monza again... Went there back in the days... my ears still hurt...