#46657 K Jetronic Issue ? | FerrariChat

#46657 K Jetronic Issue ?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 400 R, Aug 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 400 R

400 R Rookie

Aug 25, 2014
    #1 400 R, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello Everyone,

I own #46657 400i - 1983 :)
    Pic of the car attached.

The car has around 48 000KM and drives very very little (50KM in 2014, 400km in 2013...).
    11 000Km in almost 20 years.

When it runs, it runs really well and it has always been well maintened.

But the car runs really too little and Im getting to know that...

I just changed my fuel pump which was leaking.

I have a problem and It might be related to the ignition - K Jetronic !

What do you think, any of you had that problem one day ?

Here comes the facts :

- Car starts perfectly cold or warm.

- At idle the car works great, when I put on the D mode on the automatic gear, the car advances smoothly (without putting the foot on the accelerator).

- But if I put the foot on the accelerator (smooth or strong) to make it rev up and move the car, it immediately (really immediately) shuts down and dies ! Weird No ??

- Then, I always restart without any problem (cold or hot), but again if I put the foot on the accelerator, she dies ...

- Once she didn't make it and I manage to drive but at at high idle > 1500 RPM. If I went down to 1000 RPM and accelerate she died ... Funny situation, right?

I guess the trays Moved and they close rather than open or that there is an injection problem.

If someone has an idea or had the same problem, I would be happy to hear from you.

Cheers from a 365/400/412 and some others cars lover from cold Paris,

O.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. kaiser

kaiser Karting

Dec 17, 2011
    johannesburg
    I would check the pressure of fuel and the actions of the flap valves in the air measuring sections of the injection system.