Hamilton vs. Rosberg - the educated (?) debate | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Hamilton vs. Rosberg - the educated (?) debate

Discussion in 'F1' started by maulaf, Aug 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

That is all this is. They over reacted to a small racing incident as if the world ended. Idiocy at the highest pitwall level. Im so happy to see Daniel taking wins. I could really not care at all if Mercedes win anything. They are hardly the glory story it appears lol!

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

We were debating Hamilton and Rosberg as marketable commodities, remember?
    I never implied that Hamilton was less of a driver than Rosberg, purely that - in my eyes at least - he doesn't fit in Mercedes' brand as well as Rosberg does; nothing else.
    This is my opinion; it may be bias or wrong to some, but it is nevertheless my opinion.

3. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Where should we send the wreath ?? :)

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I think that might be your problem (one of them)

You think people are either with you or against you. That's not correct. I'm not particularly against or for Lewis, nor am I particularly for or against Nico....but in your eyes, because I'm not FOR lewis and AGAINST Nico, then I'm the enemy, metaphorically speaking.

In this PARTICULAR case (Spa)....Nico got pole and you don't like it. AND..Nico crashed into Lewis because he refused to yield. I get what Nico did and I don't blame him...but it was wrong on many levels.

Lewis has an astounding ability to put together a fantastic qualy lap...pulls it out of nowhere. Why can't you accept that, occasionally, Nico is capable of the same? He's done it enough times to prove that not every time is a fluke!

Unfortunately, it takes more than being fast to win races and championships these days.

A couple of years ago many people were comparing Nico and MS and they were saying ifs and buts don't count. Nico is better based on: Who got pole? Who's leading in points?

Weird that some of the same people have done a 180 in an attempt to prove Lewis' superiority.

5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    In fairness Pete, I didn't really have you in mind when I wrote that, I know what your game is, and I don't mind it to be honest, I think your dry wit is funny, but enough of that, your head is big enough.

I do however think one of the reasons, you want Nico to do well, is that you do rate Lewis highly, and it backs up your argument/claim that MS, did great in his comeback, something I do not necessarily disagree with, I have always said it Nico is no slouch especially in Q.

I know I harp on about it, but if Nico had had the same number of car failures or bad luck has Hamilton has had this year, I think that paints enough of a picture to me, who the actual better overall racer is it's that simple.

But yes there are more ways to skin a cat, ugly as they maybe.

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Are you calling me a game player? How dare you, sir!

Yes, that is true, because that makes a mockery of one of MS' haters, who said many stupid things...about a lot of things, actually. I actually think they're all great drivers and the differences between them is usually marginal, as in the case with Mercedes. Maybe they would have done better with one lesser driver. There's a reason Ferrari was so dominant 10+ years and more recently RBR. One driver has to be better and favoured in my opinion.

Oh God...do you ever :)

You still dismiss my point that MAYBE the times that Lewis dominated Nico, Nico might have had something NQR. IMO, any time one of them is significantly faster than the other, there's probably something wrong with the car. Otherwise I expect them to always be within a 10th or 2

7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ok we may still agree to disagree slightly, however, it's taken god knows how many posts to narrowing are differences, which is all good in my book, but now I have noticed whilst you have been busy shutting me up, that sneaky D Vizsla has assumed your role on here..;)

8. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    My opinion stands: Nico is very fast in clean air, out-front, in a superior car. Within a tenth or two of Hamilton. Perhaps on the up-side in those conditions.

However. Put them both in traffic in equal machines, and Lewis makes passes and Nico struggles.

I know several drivers (albeit amateur, but fine drivers nonetheless) who qualify well but fall back during every race. I also know well-respected time-trial competitors who fare similarly. When it's just them, the track and the car - they are very quick indeed. Put someone marginally slower on their ass and mistakes abound.

Nico requires a dominant car to perform optimally. Lewis does not. I am not a Lewis fan, FYI.

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Damon Hill was like that. Good at going fast on his own; not so comfortable at wheel-to-wheel racing .
    That's a weakness, of course.

10. DF1

As evidenced in Germany this year and other LH is not the cleanest passer and has bulled by others and damaged cars in the process. He can pass but is hardly the master of it. Right now Ricciardo is the cleanest and most aggressive driver on the grid followed by FA.

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    wow...that's a big call!

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Regardless of who gets the crown this year, the true winners out of this season are Ricciardo and Bottas. They are the future superstars of F1.

13. DF1

#138 DF1, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    +1!! Bottas has a new deal in work with Williams. Thats one off the market for next year.

14. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Truth.

Mark

15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It is, but I'am not arguing with it......yet ;)

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lewis Hamilton insists he is not daunted by the 29-point deficit to Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg in the drivers' championship.

Rosberg extended his lead in the title race under controversial circumstances at the Belgian Grand Prix after colliding with Hamilton and ruining his team-mate's race. However, Hamilton is not daunted by the gap and is hoping to reduce it at this weekend's Italian Grand Prix.

"My aim for the weekend, of course, is to claw back the gap in the drivers' championship," he said. "It's as big as it's been all season so I've got a lot of work ahead of me - but anything can happen in this sport. I won't give up until the flag drops in Abu Dhabi and there's still plenty of points to be won before then, so it's far from over yet."

Rosberg has also vowed not to rest on his laurels.

"It's still all to play for in the championship and with the double points race in Abu Dhabi anything can still happen," Rosberg said. "I'm focused on taking the maximum points possible in the remaining seven races and I know the team is too - starting with a top result this weekend."

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff admits the Belgian Grand Prix, which was won by Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo, was another wake-up call for the team.

"After a tough weekend in Belgium, our attention is now fully focused on the next race at Monza. We have a quick car but we have not delivered our full potential in recent races and that must be our target this weekend. Of course, Spa was a reminder to us as a team that our competition are never far away and we must continue to tackle every weekend as if it could be the defining moment of our season."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

17. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fair enuff as long as they do not crap themselves into implementing team orders I'll be happy, in fairness either one could win it, but where's the fun in designating a #1 driver now, but that's just me, not a fan of team orders.

18. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    This debate already exist.

19. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Toilin' and boilin' -- Esquire he is.

this thread is hilarious. and is so "racis". The Obama critique="you racis" , our glorious one way only "racism" has embedded at Fchat! Let's give it a rest!!!! Car racing is not "racis"!

The next race should be fun! May the best man win, regardless of race, creed or colour or demographic. Races not racis

Big Al's comment: [sic] "its a racing incident" is all we need. Note he said Racing Incident and not Racis Incident:)

20. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Enough already with all this fracking 'racist' (not racis ) BS!

21. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I have been a Nico fan since his F2 days where he whalloped the field (inverted and not) in a spec car.
    It was very clear to anyone paying attention he was the real deal and I've said so many times since then including his performance vs a not-so-over-the-hill MS.

That said my favorite recent season was watching rookie LH's ascent over FA in his first year.

I'm just glad we're not discussing Red Bull drivers (again).

22. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I think upper management at F1 Mercedes should have their heads examined if they don't issue team orders.

Mutual destruction does not equal "Win".

23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ok...Let's talk about THOSE options.

No more fighting between cars....driver with more points gets priority. Ouch for Lewis.

First car to first corner wins?

First car after final pit stop wins?

Driver with most points getting preference is what other teams have done in the past, and makes perfect sense. How would that work out for Lewis?

24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I wonder if when Rosberg DOES start from the back of the grid and hits the podium if suddenly he will get the respect he deserves?

I would think not; Vettel was given the same doubts (''he can't overtake!'' or ''let him start from the back to see how he does then'')...well, he did it, and multiple times (even in 1 race! From last, to 12th, to last, to 3rd!) and was still being told he only did it because he was in a dominant car (or even more hilarious ''person X didn't have to prove this because he never had to start from the back anyhow! Vettel is a LOSER!!'').

Ham is too, yet when he does it he's the world's ****ing hero.

If the Fchat crowd hates you...tough time to get over that it seems. No matter what you do.

25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Weird, isn't it?