Florida Ferrari Spotters | Page 52 | FerrariChat

Florida Ferrari Spotters

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Cavallino Motors, Dec 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    #1276 ttn27, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. TShen1

TShen1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2013
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Thats the Vossen Custom 458. its pretty modded you can find more pictures of it on their social media sites!

3. alexs '05

alexs '05 Karting

May 20, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex M
    Just left Tallahassee after 3 years, and the only resident Ferrari's I know of are a silver Maranello and a red 328 GTS.

One year Flo Rida and his guys came through with a matte red California, matte white 458, along with his, at the time, matte white Veyron.

Other than that, I don't believe there are any other F-cars that live there. Around FSU & FAMU homecoming times you might see one, but that's about it.

4. crazy-enzo

crazy-enzo Formula 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Netherlands, Velsen
    Full Name:
    patrick vd knaap
    Hi guy's i'm in Florida right now and was wondering where and when there is a Cars and Coffee that i can visit.

Gr patrick

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    where in FL? and for how long? lots of events all over the state. should be able to find something close.

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

360 Modena silver over tan 6 speed parked at Fisherman's Village in Punta Gorda over the weekend.

Actually walked right past it without noticing it, then my wife said, "Does that car look familiar?" Guess I'd had a couple too many diet Pepsi's.

And yes, I'm all moved in down here now. What does one do for car fun in this neck of the woods? Where's the nearest C&C??

D

7. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    welcome! there are some fun winding mountain roads about 400 miles north in Georgia. you probably flew over them on the way down from Philly :eek:

as for C&C, Suncoast Porsche does one in Sarasota: https://www.suncoastparts.com/category/newsboxstpy.html

or try this one in Naples: https://www.facebook.com/naplescarsandcoffee

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

thanks. And yes, I saw them from 30,000 feet. :D

It's FLAT down here, really FLAT, and the roads are really STRAIGHT. Clearly, track time is going to have to increase for me in order to survive. That means I have to find a hardtop for the M roadster.

Both of those C&C's appear to be more of a retail event than a cars and coffee, BUT, beggars can't be choosers.

D

9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    sadly that's the way C&C's seem to be going nationwide..."hosted" by a company as a captive audience marketing exercise.

the Orlando C&C is NOT that way, but that's a bit of a hike for you.

10. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

As more and more shopping centers toss out the C&C guys, I guess it's inevitable. The C&C I went to was in a large parking lot and the Starbucks guys love us. The rest of the shopping center, rather than embrace the opportunity to sell to about 100-200 people early on a Saturday who have a fair amount of disposable income, have chosen to try and drive them out.

Silly really, but when they finally succeed, that C&C will also be absorbed by a vendor with a big lot.

11. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    yep, exactly.

and usually it's not the stores in the center, but the owners of the center who don't want the liability or police activity associated with C&C when a few knuckleheads decide to do burnouts, race on the street out front, or show off their 150db stereo systems.

12. crazy-enzo

crazy-enzo Formula 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Netherlands, Velsen
    Full Name:
    patrick vd knaap
    I'm near orlando/tampa till next friday ( september 12)

Gr patrick

13. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Empty strip malls aren't exactly hard to find in Florida.

14. crazy-enzo

crazy-enzo Formula 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Netherlands, Velsen
    Full Name:
    patrick vd knaap
    Guy's is it worth going to C&C at Ferrari of Palm Beach?

Gr patrick

15. Hilgram

Hilgram Karting

May 31, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nick
    That's a bit of a shame to hear. I wasn't expecting F40s, Enzos, or 250s, but I was hoping for at least a 458 or a Dino around somewhere. I guess I'll just have to trek back to the East Coast whenever I need my fill of great cars.

16. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The Orlando C&C gets a great turnout of very nice cars.

17. Hilgram

Hilgram Karting

May 31, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I would love to go to the Orlando CnC, unfortunately, it's about 300 miles away at the moment

18. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yes.

19. alexs '05

alexs '05 Karting

May 20, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex M
    Friday night, followed a white 458 Italia coming from the Wells Fargo building on 2nd St to Brickell Key
    Not sure how often, but Prestige Imports in North Miami Beach throws a C&C event and/or a run to the Keys, even though it's barely in there at Key Largo. That's about the only big exotic deal I know of around SoFl, other than the random drives people do.
    Yeah, Tallahassee is just a transient town though. Come in, get your schooling done, go back to the real world. Probably doesn't help not having anything better than a MB/BMW/Porsche dealer in town as far as the high end goes

20. Hilgram

Hilgram Karting

May 31, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Very true. I was considering stopping by the Porsche dealer in the near future. Don't expect any 918s to be strolling through, but perhaps an odd GT3 will pop up.

Thanks for the info!

21. alexs '05

alexs '05 Karting

May 20, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex M
    No prob.

Today in Naples, black 458 Spider with USAF tags on 5th Ave

22. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    White Aventador Spider on I4 in Orlando and a red 458 heading west between Otown and Daytona.

23. tomd308

tomd308 Karting

Jun 10, 2006
    gainesville florida
    Full Name:
    thomas dukas
    Grey 430 at the BP station NE 23av and Waldo Rd. in Gainesville about 6:30 today.

24. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Saw a late model Ferrari with a black top at a gas station in Miami Beach last night. I was a little tired so I didnt notice if it was a California or a 599... I thought it was a cloth black top but they don't make those aby more, do they? I only saw the ass end of it. Shame on me for not paying more attention :)

25. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    By the way, I'm in Miami Beach for a couple days if anyone wants to grab a drink.