Correct Webers for a PF Coupe? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Correct Webers for a PF Coupe?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by geno berns, Feb 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buurman

buurman Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    cornelis leendert
    The rare Alfa Romeo 1900 C (corto)did run with 40DCL-3 cabs.

corto means short.

ciao

C.

2. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I have recently received a copy of this manual for the 250 inside plug 250 Granturismo cars.According to the back cover this was issued[no date] to replace "Original factory stocks exhausted".The first tltle page reads"directions..for use and upkeep of the Ferrari cars 250 Granturismo".The engine diagram shows an inside plug head. It has 261 unnumbered pages for what could be referred to as the rolling engine/chassis with copies of the original fold out diagrams. Tov. IV shows the 36 DCL3 carb but no indication of any color. The copy I received looks new so I assume Mar Parts still has these available. tongascrew

3. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #28 zstyle, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Vintage47

Vintage47 Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    I also have a 40DCL A3 (yes, painted) and don't know what it was mounted on.
    I have noticed that it has no sector gears so the butterflies don't open simultaneously and it only has an accelerator jet on one barrel. Perhaps it is for a progressive setup with the operation controlled by linkage on the engine.
    On the subject of the black painted carburetors:
    The pictures from the large blue GTE brochure show the engine with black carbs ( although it really doesn't look to be a GTE engine because the sump is not changed the fit the crossmember).
    The SWB brochure shows black carbs.

5. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Vintage 47, can you expand on the no-sector gear part, just trying to understand how 40DCL is different from 38DCL? Thanks.

john

6. B24Spider

B24Spider Rookie

Sep 27, 2008
    Exactly as Vintage47 says. I will try to take a picture of the sector box. Pretty empty. Very curious how it might be set up, and no idle/progression circuit on the LH side.

C.-
    Do you have any pictures/documentation of 40DCLs on an Alfa 1900 Corto? I have looked, with no luck, but no surprise, as the orientation seems unnatural, either sideways with poor fuel control, or mismatched intake runners (or very interesting manifolds).
    Thank you,
    -Steve

7. Vintage47

Vintage47 Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    John,
    The 40 DCL 6's on PF coupes GTE's, etc., have gears under the cover behind the throttle opening lever.
    The mesh of these gears can be adjusted closer or further out to cause the butterflies to move as close to simultaneously as possible, but without binding the gearing. The adjustment is effected by an eccentric sleeve on the shaft.
    The 40DCL A3 I have has no gears under the cover and so I don't know how the second barrel is opened.

8. B24Spider

B24Spider Rookie

Sep 27, 2008
    #33 B24Spider, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Judging from both throttle shaft ends being squared, I'd guess that each throttle shaft is operated by its own lever/balljoint/pushrod; or the link is external. I'd love to see one in place. Thanks.

john