Radnor Hunt pics | FerrariChat

Radnor Hunt pics

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by rcraig, Sep 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #1 rcraig, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Had an awesome time at Radnor Hunt today. It was a truly spectacular day and I was very impressed by the LaFerrari that Algar brought. . It is quite a car.

I will add pics as I get a chance.

Bob
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    #2 pnicholasen, Sep 14, 2014
  3. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #3 rcraig, Sep 14, 2014
  4. AlxSTi

AlxSTi Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2011
    Wilmington, DE
    Amazing! Wish I could have made it. Last time I saw the LaFerrari was in Maranello!

Looking forward to more pics.

5. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    #5 rcraig, Sep 14, 2014
    A little something different. Definitely worth the super early morning. I don't think most people have seen the car at night, but the third brake light lights up the entire engine red.

6. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    What cars were missing besides the Mangusta and 275GTB? Anybody know? Kinda ridiculous that for $50 entrance they can't put the entire car list in the program.

7. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Bob, that night time shot is beautiful! The colors and highlights are so wicked, it looks like a painting. That's a poster worthy image.

8. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Beautiful Bob. Looking forward to seeing the whole album.

9. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Bob, you are a master!

10. Rapido308

Rapido308 Karting
    Owner

Oct 11, 2011
    PA
    Full Name:
    Carl
    +1

11. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    ...umm, CARL, I'm almost afraid to ask ....BUT... Is this La Ferrari YOURS?!!!!

12. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Dang! A Facel 2!?! I love me some Facel Vegas. I think I will have to put this on my list next year for sure. Pretty cool pic of the LaFerrari engine Bob.

13. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Thanks all. Hard to get something different of that car. Would love to have the opportunity to have access for a day to shoot one.

14. Rapido308

Rapido308 Karting
    Owner

Oct 11, 2011
    PA
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Lol no, I wish. I did meet the owner, very nice man with an amazing car collection.

15. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    #15 JROD9496, Sep 15, 2014
    The wait was worth getting these two together at the end. I had to get a picture with them both. I don't wanna spam this thread with the photoshoot.

-Jared

16. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Boy, I guess I need to keep ideas to myself from now on. I wish people would take photography more seriously and understand that it is doing great harm. Start your own damn thread.

17. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #17 kvisser, Sep 15, 2014
    Unfortunately, no matter how hard you plan a significant event like this, you just never know what cars will show up. Weather sometimes plays a role. I've seen cars in trailers that will refuse to come out in unkind weather conditions.

I didn't hear why those 2 cars didn't show up but for me, having the prototype Cobra Daytona Coupe made up for the missing cars. As we were discussing the Daytona, one of the judges who is heavily involved in the auction business said that he had two numbers on his phone that he could call and get 25 million committed within the hour, should the good Dr ever consider selling the car. Its an astoundingly significant vehicle. The HVA decreed it as the first automotive to be recorded under the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Heritage Documentation.

That was the best attended Radnor concours that I have ever seen. I really liked the expanded car corral. It was great to have that second car show just thru the wooden gate.

I will post pictures as I get thru the 2000 plus I took during the day.

Bob, it was fun running into you before sunrise.

regards

ken

18. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #18 kvisser, Sep 15, 2014
    Don't know what other cars were missing but here is another one that wasn't in the program, a 54 Maserati A6G 2000 Spyder. this is another spectacular car which IMHO, vastly outweighs a missing Mangusta and 275. Something else to consider is that it takes quite some time to print 5000 catalogues, in that lead time, which can be 2 months or so, car owners commitments can change very quickly.

19. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #19 kvisser, Sep 15, 2014
  20. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
  21. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    I apologize for posting that picture. It was to show that I had a good time at Radnor Hunt and to display the photoshoot that my friends and I wanted for some time now to happen, which was put together after the show. I only posted this picture so in case someone wanted to see some of the actual pictures then I would post some more under this Radnor Hunt Pics thread since I saw others posting their own pics as well. This is not what I wanted but since it happened I apologize. I will remove the picture if you want but not everyday I can say I had P1 and LaFerrari together for a photo opportunity so posing with the cars seemed sensible.

-Jared

22. Kevinw23

Kevinw23 Karting

Aug 18, 2007
    Great picture Jared! Glad you were able to get a shot that you wanted with you and both cars.

23. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Jared,

I loved the photo. No need to apologize, the thread was titled Radnor Hunt Pics, not Bob Craig's Radnor Hunt Pictures. Although I can't speak for Bob or know what was in his head when he responded as he did, Bob is a professional photographer whose ability to make a living, like others in his field, has been compromised by the proliferation of amateur photographers. Many of those photographers lack the experience, dedication, and capability of those who have been doing it on his level for years. Like many on this board, I am sympathetic to his situation. However, I believe his response to you was grossly misplaced and disproportionate. This thread, like this forum, is replete with wonderful photographs taken by amateur and professional photographers.

In short, there was nothing objectively wrong with your post or photo.

just my .02