Nouvalari Sport sound on a US 308 QV 1983 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Nouvalari Sport sound on a US 308 QV 1983

Discussion in '308/328' started by magnum, Nov 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    Also, Magnaflow says they do not make headers for 308s, but here I see it looks like they do????

2. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    I'm finding it really difficult to find new headers for my 2v, 1982, any suggestions? Superformance has them but I'm told they're not the greatest quality. I WAS going to have the heat shields removed and send my original headers for ceramic coating, but some have suggested that they may turn out to be in a condition that won't take the ceramic coating properly, inside and out. Can anyone offer help? Winter is approaching and once it's tucked away for the season, it's not accessible for work, so now is the time to do it! The MAIN problem is loose and rattling heat shields. Thanks for any suggestions, Dennis

3. 4Webers

4Webers Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    I recently pulled my front header to fix leaks where the test port tubes had corroded/rusted out. I went ahead and removed Paolo's 8-hour work of aluminum artistry, expecting to find more corrosion underneath, but the rest of the header was in great condition. I went with the new 'lava' header wrap vs. ceramic coating, I'm going to take readings with my IR gun to compare the wrapped header to the still-stock Al shrouded rear header. So, you may be surprised how good your old headers are under the Al heat shields - YMMV of course.

4. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    Thanks, I would be thrilled if my original headers were good.