81' White Mondial coupe 18k miles | FerrariChat

81' White Mondial coupe 18k miles

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JoeLo, Sep 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeLo

JoeLo Karting

Mar 19, 2006
    FL / NY
    What value do you put on it?

Thanks!

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I assume you are not the seller, but an interested buyer?

I'm not a hater and wont bash a mondi (cuz I'll probably own one one day), but IMO if you are a buyer I'd only go $14k on that car. Once you remove all the extra shields and decals plus remove the stupid spoiler the car might be worth $15.5K :)

3. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    Hard to tell, not a lot of information??

4. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    This one?

Ferrari Mondial | eBay

Plan on new tires ..... These are probably very old ($3000)

I would think that wing interrupts air flow instead of helping

Console is interesting

I agree about the sticker extravaganza....a bit put much

If mileage is documented it's a good car in the mid teens

5. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I've never seen one like that?

6. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    The spare tire is a later rim. A few non stock bits with the car. Looks like they have a Mondial t book to go with it. Looks nice generally. I do notice that the drivers seat is crushed down by the door. Very common but i'm not sure I'd expect to see that on a car with 18K miles. Could be if most of them were late I suppose or the owner was a large person. The fuzzy bad on the dash makes me nervous. Could it be an early production car with a different console? That might be interesting.

7. Clike

Clike Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Clark
    I had an '82 coupe, just looked up some old pics. Mine looked the same. Interesting coupe with no sunroof, which seems unique

8. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

Not too bad, generally...kinda like the color combo.

Jack

9. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Console is common for Mondial 8.

It looks like a Motovanti intake pipe on the engine, so it's maybe a current or former F-chatter's car?

Agreed on the overabundance of horse pictures around the car. The fuel fill cap is not happening! And the 328-inspired wing... well, it might be doing something. Looks a bit odd, though.

If you're near the car, go and take a look, and read through that stack of receipts. My only concern with the car being on the island is where it was during Hurricane Sandy, etc. I'd inspect the chassis carefully for that reason.

Hopefully dash mat is there to protect and not cover damage... easy enough to tell in person.

Honestly, it looks like the PO was taking good care of it, notwithstanding their penchant for horse picture adornments.

I'd seriously look at it, get the VIN, do some research. I think everyone who posted has provided good input, and the TRX issue will cost a little to resolve, one way or the other.

8's are still in the basement price-wise AFAIK. Need more info before speculating as to price.

10. JoeLo

JoeLo Karting

Mar 19, 2006
    FL / NY
    Thanks for all the input! Much appreciated

11. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #11 hank sound, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    Looks to be a Euro car. California smog laws would kill that fun :(
    Notice also, the later 390 convex wheel used as a spare.

Cheers,

Hank

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #12 Wade, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm with you on everything (plus I like the 8). However, prices are on the upswing... almost into 3.2 land!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    The car looks great in white btw.

However, there's little info in the ad that's specific to this particular Mondial.

On these cars, the rear trunk literally becomes a rust bucket so a close look under the carpet is necessary.

If I were buying, I'd go completely back to OEM, including new TRXs, and use the car for show.

Based on that, if no rust (or minimal) and everything does work, good engine compression as well, I wouldn't go over $18.5k (assuming that a full service/cambelt change is due). Of course, I'd have to see the car first, in-person.

ZFFHD08B000036233

14. JoeLo

JoeLo Karting

Mar 19, 2006
    FL / NY
    great info...thx Wade

15. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I think Wade is right on target here. Considering the relative scarcity of 8's, this one would benefit from being put back to stock condition. The color is a definite plus and works great with the black lip around the flying buttresses and the black bumpers.

If there are no major problems, I would consider $18.5k a fair price, especially considering what appears to be a clean, undamaged body and interior. If you're unfamiliar with the details of these cars a PPI would be reasonable, and then you can get an idea of true cost of ownership by figuring in any repairs that are indicated.

If it's been parked for years, I'd at least try to go a good bit lower on the price.

It really is a good looking car. Remove the bling and it would look very dignified.

16. TheAmishSasquatch

Jul 6, 2014
    Holy #%@! does the Mondial look good in white!!!!!! I've never seen one before. I really like it. Gold also looks so great on em! Might have to hold off on the 348 plans and get a Mondi :)

17. milko1969

milko1969 Formula 3

Feb 21, 2012
    Breda, Holland
    Full Name:
    Milko
    In Germany prices are in the up for Mondial, in the latest issue of Auto & Motor Klassiek the price barometer is speaking of 44.000,- euro's. these guide depents on the market sales in europe of the last month. I think buy now, it won't be this cheap for a long time.

18. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Interesting :) how would they know I paid a certain amount for a vehicle? Or they depend on the adds in their (online) magazine? not sceptic although I find it a very high price, just like to know how they know :)

Btw this is indeed a Euro Mondial

Results for: ZFFHD08B000036233

Digit 1-3 Make ZFF World Manufacturer Identifier: Italy, Ferrari, Ferrari
    Digit 4 Engine H
    Engine type F106B
    Related models 308 GTBi/Si, Mondial 8
    Remarks Euro version

Digit 5 Safety System D 3-point inertia belts with auto retractors for front plus 3-point inertia belts for rear
    Digit 6-7 Model 08 Mondial 8
    Digit 8 Market B Left-Hand Drive, Europe
    Digit 9 Check Digit 0 The check digit is correct: "0" for markets which do not use a check digit.
    Digit 10 Model Year 0 The model year is correct: "0" for markets which do not use the model year.
    Digit 11 Plant 0 Maranello
    Digit 12-17 Serialnumber 036233 Serialnumber 36233. The given number fits in the known ranges for this specific model.

19. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  20. Roc

Roc Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Rocco LaBriola
    I contacted the dealer that's selling this car. He stated that it had been recently "serviced" but didn't know if any of the belts had been changed. Might be ripe for a "full service"!

21. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
  22. NigelT

NigelT Rookie

Mar 23, 2015
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    paulchua, Wade and 2cam like this.
  23. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    paulchua likes this.
  24. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Yes, that's great to see! I have an 82, they are truly awesome cars. I hope you continue to enjoy yours for many years!

jjmalez and paulchua like this.
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua