POST Yard House Lunch Run! | FerrariChat

POST Yard House Lunch Run!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, Feb 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hey guys! Aside from the more formal events - I would say that this first informal gathering was a HUGE success! I think there were 14 or 15 cars - approximately split half from the LA area and half from Orange County. For the benefit of those who did not join us - I will give you a little play by play up until my premature departure.

It was great meeting many of you from LA for the first time and see some "old" faces (if a second time can be considered "old") again. We had three or four new faces join us in OC which added a couple of 360 Spyders, a 512TR, and an immaculate 328. In addition to the above cars we had my 355, Armen's new 575M, and Byron in a borrowed 308.

We departed OC on time for the spirited drive up PCH to Long Beach. We passed through Huntington, Seal Beach, and Belmont Shore. There was one incident where BYRON - who is currently considering a "new" acquisition - might have had to delay that acquisition as he figured out how to pay for the back end of a new 360 Spyder! For those interested - ask Byron.

Once we arrived to the Long Beach area we did so at the top of Shoreline Drive on the southern most point where it meets Ocean Drive. A quick turn left and we were less than an eighth of a mile away from the beginning of the CART Grand Prix track that is beginning to take shape. Needless to say it was too much for us to resist! Some very SPIRITED driving to the end of Shoreline and back was in order! If you want to know what real POWER was today you only had to watch Armen try to keep his tires on the pavement with his new 575 WITHOUT the traction control engaged! He had switched it off during our drive up and forgot to engage it before chasing me along Shoreline Drive. All I could see was a very twitchy (albeit VERY FAST) 575 in my mirror!! There is no doubt he could have easily passed me if he had chosen!

Arriving at the Yard House was no less spectacular! Many thanks to the staff of the Long Beach Yard House for taking good care of us. They roped off approximatly 25 parking spaces for our 15 or so cars. Needless to say we were the main attraction for the few hours we were there. As promised there was a major Chinese tv crew present who did quite a bit of filming and interviewing. Byron and JL are going to be stars!!

After a great lunch we were off again! Byron suggested some more SPIRITED driving again which would take us around the Palos Verdes peninsula up towards Manhattan, Redondo, and Hermosa Beaches. Unfortunately, some had to depart early from the restaurant and others (myself) only went part way to Palos Verdes. Since I left the group early I can only talk about one more "incident" before someone else has to pick it up.

We could not leave Shoreline Drive without one more SPIRITED drive up and down the "race track." With the armcos(sp?) in place for the race there is a disitinct reverberation of the exhaust noise which is awesome! Back onto Shoreline Drive and ON the throttle! North for a couple of miles and back south for a couple of miles. Needless to say - we were destined for some kind of trouble! At the top of Shoreline Drive we were met by the "red and blue" with his lights flashing. Half the group had made the left turn onto Ocean and the rest of us were in the left hand turn lane waiting when Mr. Peace Office came blaring up on us screaming in his loudspeaker! He actually yelled - and I quote - "What the hell do you guys think you are doing? Does this look like a race track to you? This is the City of Long Beach! Slow it down! Nice cars by the way." I kid you not! When he said "does this look like a race track to you?" I wanted to reply - "in fact ... it does!"" Ha ha! Anyway, that is my second encounter with law enforcement in as many events with no consequences! They seem to appreciate the beauty of our cars and what they were intended to do. Very cool!

After this incident it was time to head north over the St. Vincent Thomas Bridge. We had to make one quick stop since Costa's convertible roof on his Barchetta kept coming lose! Yes ... you read this correctly! Costa had his convertible top up because he had his mother with him. By the way, very nice meeting you today Costa! I have to say that Costa's mom is one BRAVE mom! My mom wouldn't be too happy with me if I burned out in my Ferrari and slid the car sideways peeling out leaving 100 feet of tire marks on the highway!! Ha ha ... that was awesome Costa! From there I veered right onto the 110 North and everyone went left to Palos Verdes.

It was an AWESOME day guys! Loved every moment of it. I hope this is just the beginning of many informal lunch gatherings. Let me know if you guys would like to repeat a Yard House gathering. I would be happy to make it happen again. TONS OF FUN!!

2. XJARGH!

XJARGH! Rookie

Feb 29, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I concur wholeheartedly.

As a a first time participant in today's event I must say you guys are one hell of a group.

Thanks for letting a non F car join in the fun.

Tim

3. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Jeffrey -- loved the Yard House location and I personally would love to do gatherings there.

4. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Jeremy - It was great meeting you! I'm sorry I missed your "encounter" with law enforcement ... ha ha! Yes ... the Yard House location is great and I hope we can do it again soon. I wish you guys lived closer! Did you have a chance to hear my car with the Tubi and test pipes? How did you like it? Please send me a private message with your cell number and I will make sure to uphold my promise to you and Edward regarding that ride in my boat.

5. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    hey hey hey... what about me? :) j/k.

Jeff - thanks again for doing this. I have a feeling we'll be doing Yard House again in the future. Maybe we can mix it up at different locations! :)

B.

6. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Byron - You're first on the list! I already have your number! I agree - let's mix it up. We need ideas and input from as many people as possible. Not an easy proposition as secure parking is always a major consideration. Let's start thinking of somewhere for next time!

7. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

[size=+3]WOO-HOO!!! :)[/size]

8. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Great event Jeffrey! The Yard House was a great location and the food was delicious! My Salmon looked almost too beautiful to eat :)

9. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Glad you enjoyed the food. It was a treat for those who have never been to a YH. The Long Beach location was the first YH ever built - almost five years ago. There are six others now.

10. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Thanks for coordinating the event Jeffrey. A bi-monthly Yard House meeting might be an idea as people will really look forward to it. I look forward to the next time and meeting some new peeps.

Scott

11. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Aww man, you guys were playing in my hood, and I had to miss it. Had a nice ski trip, on the other hand. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Yard House looks like it made a great spot. Great pics and stories guys. Perhaps next time.

Eric

Ha...and playing on Shoreline with the track being set-up. That sounds too cool.

12. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nice meeting some of you F-chatters. Great day, beautiful cars. Hope to stay longer next time. Jordan great angle and lighting on car pics.

13. Fiercsm

Fiercsm Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Thanks Jeffrey for organizing this great event. The Yard House is the perfect meeting place for LA and OC folk to meet, and the food is good (those are great buffalo wings!). And I don't mind putting some money back into a friend's pocket!

Let me know when it's time to hit the water and I'm there,

Amazing sounding car by the way, I think I've finally heard a better set up than my 348 this side of a Stradale.

Cheers,

Edward