Help needed to Spec 360M at 48 hours notice | FerrariChat

Help needed to Spec 360M at 48 hours notice

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by KenC, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Apparently Ferrari has just announced that all cars for build in June and July have to be specced by Wednesday. I has expecting at least another month for my July build.

I thought I wanted Rosso/ Black/ Black carpets but now think Rosso with Crema/ Bordeax carpets. However, will Crema look old and dirty very quickly?

I'm not going to spend too much on extras. I'm considering shields, red calipers and possibly the rear challenge grill. Should I save money and forget them or will I live to regret not adding them?

Does any of this affect future resale values?

Sorry to have so many questions but 48 hours is not a long time to make my mind up.

Ken

2. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    Cream does look very very very nice, especially with optional piping, but it can look abit grubby over a period of time. On my car I have Titanium with black and black carpets. I have the optional Daytona electric seats. After covering 9k miles from new, they still look very clean, with no sign of wear.

3. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Hi Ken,

IMHO all the extras you have mentioned are winners. To me they are the classic extra that you can't really go wrong with.

My car has Crema, and it certainly does show the dirt, but again its a classic look and makes the interior very striking (compared to black). Also this just encourages you to take care of the car, which is not a bad thing. Black it easier to abuse. You can always get the leather reconnolised for about 600 pounds, I did this and it has lasted well for 9 months.

Rear challenge looks brilliant on the 360, no value lost there, surely.

I guess if you get an average of opinions, it should help you make up your mind..

Cheers
    Ade

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Rosso /Nero is a great combo, even tho' i have Rosso / Crema ! Stick to your original colour scheme, i think. Challenge rear grill, Shields and painted calipers are very desirable options and shd recoup cost on resale.Daytona seats look great too......
    Tony

5. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Rosso/Crema/Bordeaux carpets is the safe bet, with shields, calipers, CD being desirable options. Crema is hard to maintain though. If you go for black leather, then I would suggest you go for bordeaux carpets, not black, otherwise it's very dark in the cabin. Daytona seats and red stitching also lift the interior. I quite like this combo:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/member.php?userid=3720

6. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Ade,

Thanks for your response.

"Reconnolised for £600 and it only lasted 9 months." Perhaps that is a good reason to go for black! I was thinking that Crema would look dirty after a few years - particularly if I looked after it.

Ken

7. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Tony,

Thanks.

Does that mean you wish you had gone for Nero? Please stop tempting me with other options as I am already breaking the bank!

Ken

8. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Kevin,

Thanks for the advice. I believe the CD can be retrofitted so I will leave that off and see how I go without it. Interesting comment about bordeaux carpets with the black leather. This seems to divide opinion, so I guess this is down to personal preferance. I have not seen this combination in the flesh, so probably won't be able to consider it in the time allowed.

Ken

9. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Jenzo,

Thanks,

That is why I was favouring black. Daytona seats appear to get a regular mention. Do you think they are more comfortable or do you like them purely for the looks? Either way, my budget will not stretch that far.

Ken

10. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Hey Ken,

You are right - crema should be fine for a couple of yrs/10,000 miles as long as you look after it. You can also just use leather cleaner/conditioner which is much cheaper than reconnilising and should give you a really good result apart from any truly worn patches..

Good luck with your final decision!
    Ade

11. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Ken

I agree with Tony; stick to your original plan.

Whenever making a choice, fate conspires to make your first choice the right one for you. The more you prevaricate, the less pure your decision becomes...

Anyway, R/B/B will also be the easiest colour scheme when it comes to resale time.

Stig

12. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    Personally, I think having shields or red calipers doesn't affect the resale value one bit.. nor a challenge grille. Sure they're nice-to-haves, but I can't see a prospective purchaser walking away from your car because you have black calipers.. the overall condition of the car is more important.

I say save your money.

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Unless the shields and calipers are factory fitted, i wouldn't bother getting them done later with aftermarket parts.The Challenge grill can go on after, no problem.

14. Matthewh

Matthewh Rookie

Feb 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Matthew Hampson
    I had a similar short notice call for my 360 Spider.

Luckily solved the Insurance problem so went for the following spec:

Red/Beige/Beige (have to be careful with dirt on the carpets, however seems to look best when they are the same colour as the leather)

Shields
    Rear Grill
    Red Callipers
    Beige Rollbar
    CD Changer
    Daytona seats (Once I saw the Daytona trim in person, had to have it)

15. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Poor old Ken,

I bet hes confused as hell, Go with the flow Ken,

Ive got Rosso/Nero Daytona Seats elec pack/ red stitching/red calipers and c grill.

Carpets black/ i think the red carpets are a tad bit overpowering

Oh and if you fancy,

CS Wheels/Front nose cone and side sills/not forgeting the rear diffuser....awesome..

16. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    The summary seems to be:

1.Crema looks best, but can deteriorate quickly, while Nero retains its looks, albeit not such good looks as new Crema.

2.Divided opinions on carpets with Nero leather, nero or bordeaux is down to individual preferance. I think my preference is nero.

3.Choose options for preference rather than retained value. I think I will go for the red calipers and the shields, because I like them. The challenge grill can always be retofitted and I like the colour coordinated rear end as much, so why pay the money?

4.Daytona seats are a favourite, but too expensive for me.

With 16 hours to go, there is always time to change my mind!!

Thanks to all for your opinions and advice.

Ken

17. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Ken,

Happy to shoot over to you and let you have a look at mine sit feel and get a good idea...Hell man this is a lot of money and this needs to be right...

Joe

18. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Joe,

Thanks for the offer - its much appreciated. As its late now and I am in London tomorrow I won't be able to take you up on it before the deadline. I will send in my spec sheet tomorrow and post my final decision. Its good to know that there are no wrong decisions - I will follow my gut feel.

Co-incidentally, I am looking out of my window now at a Spider in Rosso with Nero leather. Can't see the carpets. Its a left hooker with one of the best no. plates I have ever seen 1 OZ. Its owned by a bloke called Oz. Sounds good too when it moves.

Ken

19. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Ken,

Just noticed that you are a local (ie Kent) chap, and wondered if you wanted to come down to the FOC get together tomorrow evening? Meet a few of us...

Stig

20. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Ken,

That was parked outside Woolwich barracks where my company is currently working...

21. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Stig,

Yes, I'm not too far away from you. Unfortunately, I am at a black tie do in London tomorrow night, so no chance of getting out of that. Otherwise I would have attended.

I will attend the next meet that I am free of other committments.

Ken

22. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Stig,

I would have done, but will be at a work related function in London tomorrow evening. I will come along to the next meet when I have no previous commitments.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Ken

23. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I've done it! I know that not everyone will agree, but the spec is:

Rosso Corsa
    Crema Leather (I promise to clean it regularly)
    Bordeaux carpets
    Shields
    Red Calipers

Thanks to all those who advised me.

Roll on September.

Ken

24. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J