2000 360 Berlinetta stick shift 23K miles in New Jersey no story 3 owner car | FerrariChat

2000 360 Berlinetta stick shift 23K miles in New Jersey no story 3 owner car

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by andrew911, Sep 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #1 andrew911, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have owned this beautiful 360 Berlinetta for the past 5 plus years. It took me months of searching the entire US for the right car as I quickly realized there were many cars that simply didn't meet the standards of what I wanted. Some background on the car:
    * Just over 23,000 miles. I am the 3rd owner- the 2nd owner purchased the car in 2004.
    * All books/tools/original window sticker are with the car- some of the tools still have the factory plastic on them! All service records back to 2004 (the '04 service was an oil change and the miles aren't listed on the receipt, but the next oldest receipt is from 2005 at which point the car has 7,800 miles).
    * The camshaft variator replacement campaign was completed in 2008, and the most recent major service (cam belt replacement, etc) was completed April 2013 (21,300 miles) by Vinny Latino at Auto Elite, whom I have exclusively used for service given his stellar reputation. He included a CD with pictures from the service (a couple of which are shown below). The most recent minor/annual service was completed April 2014 at 22,500 miles (oil change, antifreeze change, brake fluid, inspection)
    * I have driven the car regularly, and put about 9K miles on the car in the 5 years I've owned it. It was only driven in good weekend weather, for nice drives, rides to local car events and for a nice dinner every now and then. The car is always warmed up properly (driven easy while the oil temp gets up to par), with no track use during my ownership (nor evidence of prior track use- the prior owner had a multi car collection & it's unlikely he ever tracked this car).
    * This is a great no stories car- no accidents, low # of owners, well documented, no engine modification (other than exhaust) or aftermarket electronic add ons, no check engine lights.
    * The car is mint condition. A few stone chips, but nothing that bad. No dried out leather (I treated it with Leatherique)

Some features of the car are as follows:
    * Factory red stitching, red brake calipers, fire extinguisher, rare factory spare wheel option and factory battery charging system. I will say I don't think the Ferrari battery charger was ever used- the thing is big, and the car had a pigtail wired in when I bought it to use a regular $30 deltran battery tender, which I use if I won't drive the car for a few weeks or more. Never bothered with the factory set up, but its there in the trunk with the tools and spare.
    * Tasteful Keith Collins floor mats (mint condition factory mats are underneath)
    * Yoshi fender shields installed when I bought the car in 2009. I don't think Yoshi is still in business, but I have parked side by side with a factory shield 360 and amazing that there is virtually no difference in the shield (factory slightly recesses into the fender, but a casual observer wouldn't notice the difference). These are removable with a little heat from a hairdrier and gentle pressure, but they look great so I'd never take them off.
    * Tubi exhaust, with hyper flow cats. Factory headers and engine otherwise completely stock.
    * Asking price is $77,500. There may be cheaper 360s out there- maybe even with a stickshift, but you usually get what you pay for. I know how hard it was to find the "right car" when I bought it and it hasn't gotten any easier now 5 years on. It's not a 10 owner, accident car with check engine lights, an F1 computer on the fritz or a questionable title... I'd love for it to find the right home. It runs perfectly and feels like a car you could drive cross country! I'll miss it very much.

-Andrew
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bigsalgt1

Bigsalgt1 Karting

May 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Salvatore Saetta
    If Vinny touched this car, then it's been in amazing hands. By far the best Ferrari tech on the East Coast! Beautiful car, no doubt it will sell quickly!

3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Love the red carpets!!!

4. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Thanks! To be honest between the condition and the dark red carpets/red stitching, that is what made me really want THIS car vs. any other 360. The more typical all tan now looks like it's missing something to my eye! I have an old Ferrari book that has a couple of interior shots of a Boxer with this combo- I love it!

It took me over half a year of searching and I wound up buying this car from halfway across the US, but it was worth it (to me).

5. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Andrew say it isn't so!? What are you replacing her with?

6. away

away Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2004
    Lansdale, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Great car and a great seller! No stories here, someone is going to get a fantastic 360.

Good luck Andrew!

7. schefdeh5

schefdeh5 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Awesome 360.

Is it me or have there been a lot of gated red 360s for sale lately?

8. auclutch

auclutch Karting

Sep 25, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    excuse my ignorance, but what is a 360 berlinetta (as opposed to the Modena)? by the way, gorgeous ride! GLWS

9. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

Alclutch- Berlinetta is simply a coupe in Ferrari language :)

Schaf- I agree- several sticks up for sale at one time on f-chat... A fluke! Of course they are scattered around the US, and if someone has a preference for interior/exterior color they are all a little bit different.

10. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #10 andrew911, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Nice Car! GLWS

Wheres that Proof69 Dude?

12. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I just got my November 2014 issue of Automobile Magazine in the mail today- a great article on "the last manual" Ferrari! Nothing like clicking through the gears yourself- a lost offering in the modern Ferraris...

I know I owe a few of you more pictures- I've been fairly busy the past few days but will get them out to you...

13. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
  14. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
  15. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Sale is pending...

16. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Sale is done. I believe the car is going to a great home and wish the buyer the best of luck!
    -Andrew

17. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Congrats!