Recommendation for a STAR smog test station in Ventura County please | FerrariChat

Recommendation for a STAR smog test station in Ventura County please

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by m5guy, Sep 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #1 m5guy, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    Hi guys. Anyone have a recommendation for a Gold smog test facility in Ventura county? Prefer to have one that has experience with Ferraris. The place I used to go to changed ownership and does not want the hassle of dealing with exotics now. Thanks.
    -Greg

2. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Sorry, wrong reference in my original post above. My smog check notice calls for a STAR station (not Gold.) Thanks.

3. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    #3 dfranzen, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Ive used these guys for my DeLorean which is hard to smog

leave it in the morning so they can smog in afternoon , it will test better with a cold start

- Home

4. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

Smoggies on Market in Ventura

5. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    +1

Good luck Greg. Are you going to Vandenberg? My son has a AYSO game at 8, so we'll be heading up after that.

Ernie - how's everything?

6. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks for the responses guys. The 2 shops closest to me that were recommended by multiple people were Smoggies and 5 Points Test Center in Oxnard.

Hank, I am skipping the Vandenburg Show this weekend. SBCC had a big show last week in Montecito that I helped out on, and next week we have a run up to Los Olivos. I'm trying to carve out a little free time for the Ferrari 60th Anniversary get-together in LA in October too. Sent you an email separately about a possible group drive down there. Take care!